Fatal drink driving accident at Tampines

Stooky

No offence to drinkers but how does getting drunk solve yr problem and woes?

The next day you wake up, you get a hangover and the woes still there!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No offence to drinkers but how does getting drunk solve yr problem and woes?

The next day you wake up, you get a hangover and the woes still there!

Alcohol cannot solve problem, milk equally cant.

If the male student drink and drive, he should be jailed plus ban from driving. I imagine his needs best Road traffic lawyers. we are professional lawyer in scotland. Our firm keep my licence is provide Road traffic lawyers services in Scotland since 20 years. We have expert team. Our firm is give you full satisfaction. we have many satisfied client.

your scottish is powerful with lots of Grammatical mistakes! Which country were u from again?

PS** Please post this in the Jokes for everyone thread.

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

If the male student drink and drive, he should be jailed plus ban from driving. I imagine his needs best Road traffic lawyers. we are professional lawyer in scotland. Our firm keep my licence is provide Road traffic lawyers services in Scotland since 20 years. We have expert team. Our firm is give you full satisfaction. we have many satisfied client.

Och aye, you'd be a bonnie chap offering so much help like this.

You're just a bairn in this forum, so we should give you a chance to learn aboot us before we call ah ya bastart, but I really do think you're a bampot.

But in any case, I think this stupid idjit was blootered and deserves everyting the boaby throw at him, and even with the obviously stellar services you offer, I think there's not much that can be done.

• Praise 4

U wot m8?

Och aye, you'd be a bonnie chap offering so much help like this.

You're just a bairn in this forum, so we should give you a chance to learn aboot us before we call ah ya bastart, but I really do think you're a bampot.

But in any case, I think this stupid idjit was blootered and deserves everyting the boaby throw at him, and even with the obviously stellar services you offer, I think there's not much tnhat can be done.

in English please.....! i understood those first words.......whats a bampot?

Turbocharged

in English please.....! i understood those first words.......whats a bampot?

idiot

Edited by Darryn

Turbocharged

ahhhhh....thanks for the lesson! Another new thing learnt in this forum!

for the curious

blootered is drunk

boaby is police (or cuckoo bird)

bairn is baby / child

Hypersonic

1 life worth 1.25 years in jail only

[:(]

Man jailed for drunken crash, killing 2 women

Photo: Reuters

HE HAD drunk too much after a night out at two clubs but drove his female friends home anyway. Tang Zi Liang, then a Republic Polytechnic student, had obtained his driving licence just six months earlier and was driving recklessly fast though his friends repeatedly warned him to slow down.

At around 6.20am on March 13, 2014, Tang was speeding along Tampines Road at 120kmh to 140kmh when he lost control of his white Toyota.

It hit a tree and his two rear passengers, both in their teens, were flung out and killed.

Tang and his front-seat passenger were hurt.

Yesterday, Tang, 22, was given two and a half years' jail and banned from driving for 15 years for dangerous driving causing death and hurt, as well as drink driving.

He was also fined $800 for not making sure his rear seat passenger, schoolmate Michelle Phoe Min Yi, 18, wore her seat belt.

A similar charge was also considered.

The court heard that Tang was working part-time as a club promoter when he invited Ms Phoe and Phoebe Lo Wei Ling, 19, to a club known as Dream at Clarke Quay on March 12, 2014. There, Tang had two shots of vodka and a cup of Hennessy.

At about 2am, he decided to go with a female friend known as Sky and Isabella Tay Mei Na, then 18, to another club at Orchard Plaza.

The group shared a tower of beer - about 3½ jugs of beer - with a friend. They left at about 3am.

Deciding to give a lift home to his four friends, he first dropped Sky off in Ubi. Ms Tay moved to the front seat and put on her seat belt while Ms Lo and Ms Phoe did not.

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Tan Wee Hao said shortly before 6.18am, Tang was speeding at up to 140kmh along Tampines Road. "The accused also fell asleep a few times while driving and he had to be woken up by his passengers," said the DPP.

Tang lost control of the car while navigating a slight bend along the road. The car veered across to the grass verge on the opposite side of the road.

Its right side slammed into a tree, smashing all the windows and the rear windscreen.

The impact caused the car to spin violently, flinging Ms Lo and Ms Phoe out of the rear seats.

Tang was warded for lung injuries and neck contusions. Ms Tay had multiple contusions and was given three days of medical leave.

Tang's blood alcohol level was at least 139mg/100ml, which exceeded the legal limit of 80mg/100ml.

DPP Tan said a stiff sentence was clearly warranted given the aggravating factors and loss of two lives.

He told Principal District Judge Ong Hian Sun that Tang drank and drove, and ignored the repeated warnings of his passengers.

Tang's lawyer Anil Singh said he would have to bear the life-long guilt of having played a significant role in the death of two friends. He said Tang, then 20, had sleepless nights and nightmares of the incident.

He also sought psychiatric help.

Tang could have been jailed up to five years for dangerous driving causing death.

For causing hurt through dangerous driving, he could have been fined up to $3,000, jailed for up to 12 months, or both.

For drink driving, he could have been fined up to $5,000 or jailed up to six months with at least a 12-month driving ban.

[email protected]

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/man-jailed-drunken-crash-killing-2-women#sthash.d646ZArU.dpuf

(edited)

1 life worth 1.25 years in jail only

[:(]

Man jailed for drunken crash, killing 2 women

Photo: Reuters

HE HAD drunk too much after a night out at two clubs but drove his female friends home anyway. Tang Zi Liang, then a Republic Polytechnic student, had obtained his driving licence just six months earlier and was driving recklessly fast though his friends repeatedly warned him to slow down.

At around 6.20am on March 13, 2014, Tang was speeding along Tampines Road at 120kmh to 140kmh when he lost control of his white Toyota.

It hit a tree and his two rear passengers, both in their teens, were flung out and killed.

Tang and his front-seat passenger were hurt.

Yesterday, Tang, 22, was given two and a half years' jail and banned from driving for 15 years for dangerous driving causing death and hurt, as well as drink driving.

He was also fined $800 for not making sure his rear seat passenger, schoolmate Michelle Phoe Min Yi, 18, wore her seat belt.

A similar charge was also considered.

The court heard that Tang was working part-time as a club promoter when he invited Ms Phoe and Phoebe Lo Wei Ling, 19, to a club known as Dream at Clarke Quay on March 12, 2014. There, Tang had two shots of vodka and a cup of Hennessy.

At about 2am, he decided to go with a female friend known as Sky and Isabella Tay Mei Na, then 18, to another club at Orchard Plaza.

The group shared a tower of beer - about 3½ jugs of beer - with a friend. They left at about 3am.

Deciding to give a lift home to his four friends, he first dropped Sky off in Ubi. Ms Tay moved to the front seat and put on her seat belt while Ms Lo and Ms Phoe did not.

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Tan Wee Hao said shortly before 6.18am, Tang was speeding at up to 140kmh along Tampines Road. "The accused also fell asleep a few times while driving and he had to be woken up by his passengers," said the DPP.

Tang lost control of the car while navigating a slight bend along the road. The car veered across to the grass verge on the opposite side of the road.

Its right side slammed into a tree, smashing all the windows and the rear windscreen.

The impact caused the car to spin violently, flinging Ms Lo and Ms Phoe out of the rear seats.

Tang was warded for lung injuries and neck contusions. Ms Tay had multiple contusions and was given three days of medical leave.

Tang's blood alcohol level was at least 139mg/100ml, which exceeded the legal limit of 80mg/100ml.

DPP Tan said a stiff sentence was clearly warranted given the aggravating factors and loss of two lives.

He told Principal District Judge Ong Hian Sun that Tang drank and drove, and ignored the repeated warnings of his passengers.

Tang's lawyer Anil Singh said he would have to bear the life-long guilt of having played a significant role in the death of two friends. He said Tang, then 20, had sleepless nights and nightmares of the incident.

He also sought psychiatric help.

Tang could have been jailed up to five years for dangerous driving causing death.

For causing hurt through dangerous driving, he could have been fined up to $3,000, jailed for up to 12 months, or both.

For drink driving, he could have been fined up to $5,000 or jailed up to six months with at least a 12-month driving ban.

[email protected]

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/man-jailed-drunken-crash-killing-2-women#sthash.d646ZArU.dpuf

I'd have thought he'd have bought the max jail sentence with 2 deaths on him... 

Edited by L_club23
  • Praise 2

I'd have thought he'd have bought the max jail sentence with 2 deaths on him... 

sentence less than Jover 

• Praise 3

(edited)

Assuming cumulative and consecutive sentencing:

Maximum he would have gotten will be 6.5yrs jail + $8000 fine + 24month driving ban(minimum)

But his good lawyer:

This shaved his sentencing to 2.5yrs jail + $600 fine + 15yrs driving ban.

Prosecutor never counter with the eternal anguish the 2 girls' family had to suffer from the premature demise of their precious girls?

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Have to concur the punishment seems light. But then no amount of punishment can bring back life lost. Maybe time to up drinking age to 21. Will that help? Jopefully

↡ Advertisement