Jump to content

Is M1 mobile network down ? 04 Feb 2014


Hubwee
 Share

Recommended Posts

  On 2/5/2014 at 7:19 AM, Knoobie said:

if it happens again in future, what we should do is blast local calls, sms and mms...

which ever one they going to give us free...

We should all call their customer hotline and complain like hell on Sunday

Edited by Scoots
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty much sum it up already ... take turn to down one [laugh]

 

  On 2/4/2014 at 12:58 AM, Wt_know said:

singtel, m1, starhub .... all sama sama [thumbsdown]

 

Edited by Wt_know
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yaacob Ibrahim expresses dismay over M1 service disruption


Minister for Communications and Information Yaacob Ibrahim has expressed his dismay at the M1 service disruption that occurred on Tuesday.


Writing on his Facebook page on Wednesday, Dr Yaacob said: "It has been a frustrating experience for M1 customers, especially having just experienced other disruptions in very recent months.


"They had given the feedback that M1 could have done better in providing updates and communicating to its subscribers when the services resumed."


M1 customers were hit with a disruption in service from around 7am until just past noon on Tuesday, with many unable to make calls and send or receive SMSes.


The telco said the disruption was due to a "software issue".


The last major outage customers faced was on December 2 last year, when M1's mobile data network was affected for six hours by a "software bug".


Dr Yaacob said had asked the Infocomm Development Authority, which will be carrying out an investigation into the disruption, to "have M1 ensure that its network functions optimally".


Noting that SingTel users have also experienced intermittent access to 3G and 4G services on Wednesday, he urged telcos to "improve in the way they update and assist their customers when disruptions occur".



Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 2/5/2014 at 8:08 AM, Adrianli said:

 

No problem with mine. Called them this afternoon to dispute on my bill for my overseas calls. [grin] Managed to get them to waive off $17+ out of the $400+ bill.

waive 17 out of $400 you happy liao????

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 2/5/2014 at 1:49 PM, Little_prince said:

waive 17 out of $400 you happy liao????

 

Yes. The rest of it is my usage. The $17+ was not my usage. The Global Dial tried to connect but unable to. Then they still charge me, total of 8 times. Each time was $2.10 which I felt was unfair. So called Singtel to tell them. The CSO gladly waive off the $17+.

 

I dont expect them to waive off what I had used. Or offer me free service. I just wana pay for what I had used and not something that I have not used.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 2/5/2014 at 11:57 PM, Adrianli said:

 

Yes. The rest of it is my usage. The $17+ was not my usage. The Global Dial tried to connect but unable to. Then they still charge me, total of 8 times. Each time was $2.10 which I felt was unfair. So called Singtel to tell them. The CSO gladly waive off the $17+.

 

I dont expect them to waive off what I had used. Or offer me free service. I just wana pay for what I had used and not something that I have not used.

oh i see. no wonder. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 2/4/2014 at 9:41 AM, drivinghazard said:

My contract is over. Question is change to Singtel or Starhub?

 

Question is what difference does it make when SH and M1 lease the server from Stinktel? Fire broke out and all got affected. Remember?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 2/5/2014 at 12:15 PM, Scoots said:

We should all call their customer hotline and complain like hell on Sunday

Calling customer hotline is toll free leh.. If got friends using Singtel, starhub. tell them hang up and you call them back!

  On 2/5/2014 at 1:44 PM, Darthrevan said:

 

Yaacob Ibrahim expresses dismay over M1 service disruption
Minister for Communications and Information Yaacob Ibrahim has expressed his dismay at the M1 service disruption that occurred on Tuesday.
Writing on his Facebook page on Wednesday, Dr Yaacob said: "It has been a frustrating experience for M1 customers, especially having just experienced other disruptions in very recent months.
"They had given the feedback that M1 could have done better in providing updates and communicating to its subscribers when the services resumed."
M1 customers were hit with a disruption in service from around 7am until just past noon on Tuesday, with many unable to make calls and send or receive SMSes.
The telco said the disruption was due to a "software issue".
The last major outage customers faced was on December 2 last year, when M1's mobile data network was affected for six hours by a "software bug".
Dr Yaacob said had asked the Infocomm Development Authority, which will be carrying out an investigation into the disruption, to "have M1 ensure that its network functions optimally".
Noting that SingTel users have also experienced intermittent access to 3G and 4G services on Wednesday, he urged telcos to "improve in the way they update and assist their customers when disruptions occur".

 

Why our ministers all come out say very disappointed when something happens and then hide back the hole one?

 

they using standard template is it...

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 2/6/2014 at 1:29 AM, Knoobie said:

Calling customer hotline is toll free leh...

True. It's more to let M1 get some heat.their 'free'.network will still be stressed. Their staffairs will be will taxed on Sunday.... M1 may need to activate more staff to handle the call traffic...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday free call?

Very sia suay for a big company.

 

As a subscriber, we only want non interference to our mobile line.

 

No sincerity in giving out free call.

Might as well dont say.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 2/6/2014 at 2:12 AM, Mcf777 said:

Sunday free call?

Very sia suay for a big company.

 

As a subscriber, we only want non interference to our mobile line.

 

No sincerity in giving out free call.

Might as well dont say.

This is the new trend in Sillypore.. we should be lucky they HAVEN'T be like our 1st world transport system..

 

network down = increase in subscription to "further support maintenance."

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also found Wireless@SG down yesterday in Yishun. Couldn't connect from 2 devices. Called the hotline twice, the operator told me smugly that Wireless@SG wasn't affected by the outage. Then how do they explain the service coming back up spontaneously a few hours later? Magic? :angry:


As a gesture of "gratitude" for M1's "goodwill", we should all make nonstop repeated calls of prolonged duration this Sunday. Make them really earn their forgiveness.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 2/6/2014 at 1:29 AM, Knoobie said:

Why our ministers all come out say very disappointed when something happens and then hide back the hole one?

 

they using standard template is it...

 

The more frequent occurrences of outages proves that they still cannot prevent it; also what can they do to help speed up the recovery? so only viable thing to do is to tok tok lor....... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 2/6/2014 at 3:36 AM, Ahwhye said:

 

The more frequent occurrences of outages proves that they still cannot prevent it; also what can they do to help speed up the recovery? so only viable thing to do is to tok tok lor....... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

you mean tok kok? [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an apology SMS from the M1 CEO herself.

 

Not bad la....at least the CEO apologised to all subscribers. At the very least she did what she should.....take up the accountability for it in a very public way. A good example for all other CEOs. Very corporate like.

 

Not like some other big shots only know how to appease the media but that's about it.

Edited by Icedbs
Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 2/6/2014 at 6:35 AM, Icedbs said:

Got an apology SMS from the M1 CEO herself.

 

Not bad la....at least the CEO apologised to all subscribers. At the very least she did what she should.....take up the accountability for it in a very public way. A good example for all other CEOs. Very corporate like.

 

Not like some other big shots only know how to appease the media but that's about it.

 

Yeah I also received the sms around noon time yesterday. Good gesture [thumbsup] .

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 2/6/2014 at 8:10 AM, Vhtfhwlego said:

received m1 SMS too but not from CEO's own H/P number.

 

wah lao.. bro... send from own HP number is like opening the Pandora's box.

everyone will call her to waive this waive that! [laugh]

有心就好!

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...