Flashback from the 80s to 90s

BabyBlade

attachicon.giffigure toys.jpg

Can't remember what are these called. Seems like Transformer. I had this.

What is that?!

bro, u wanna sell ur six shot?

Do u guys use the table tennis table to play a game called table monkey?

↡ Advertisement

anyone here tried to make your own rocket before?

what I did was use 2 match sticks (both match heads facing each other), wrap with those silver foil found in a cigarette box and burn the part where the 2 match heads were. one of the match stick can fly pretty far.

I did, but I used the fireworks "sparklers" to make the rocket. If well made, it could shoot as high as 2 or 3 storeys!

• Praise 1

I wonder if there's going to be a thread like this 30 years later... "who remember the iPad/iPhone where you play candy crush..." :p

• Praise 1

The rage in my primary school was table tennis. We play at the small, rectangular stone tables and use empty drink packets as net. Loser out, king stay. Badminton also have. Then of course there's football, many-a-side anyhow hoot.

Girls played five stone and zero point (kanasai making the "rope" with rubber bands takes ages), guys play hantam bolah, one-leg and bulldog (my primary school had a lot of foreign students, a pair of aussie brothers taught us bulldog).

what's the game where the guy has to jump and step on your foot to get you "out"

what's the game where the guy has to jump and step on your foot to get you "out"

Oh damn I forget the name of that. Everytime kena scold because of that game, go to school with white shoes and come home with dirty shoes (I obviously wasn't very good at the game [grin] )

• Praise 1

We call one-leg in hokkien and not in Eng - tok kar.

The rage in my primary school was table tennis. We play at the small, rectangular stone tables and use empty drink packets as net. Loser out, king stay. Badminton also have. Then of course there's football, many-a-side anyhow hoot.

Girls played five stone and zero point (kanasai making the "rope" with rubber bands takes ages), guys play hantam bolah, one-leg and bulldog (my primary school had a lot of foreign students, a pair of aussie brothers taught us bulldog).

Grrrreeeeen Spot

Don't know why it was named after the orange soft drink

:D

• Praise 2

Anyone ever played with dried longan.. Simple game of just using your logan shell to crack your opponent

Not longan but asam fruits.....

once shell broken (black shell with pointed end one side), eat the sour dried seed inside.... [sweatdrop]

Edited by Picnic06
  • Praise 1

Never heard of one leg and bulldog.. Maybe I'm from neighborhood school. I do play zero point though.

Internal Moderator

bro, u wanna sell ur six shot?

Do u guys use the table tennis table to play a game called table monkey?

I don't have the sixshot anymore. Damn long time ago haha.

I wonder if there's going to be a thread like this 30 years later... "who remember the iPad/iPhone where you play candy crush..." :p

Yeah man but while the kids these days already have an iPad, I have never owned an iPad before. [sweatdrop]

Grrrreeeeen Spot

Don't know why it was named after the orange soft drink

:D

Not Pepsi Cola 1 2 3 meh?

There's also Ice & Water mostly played at playgrounds.

Edited by BabyBlade
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

How about "Kickapoo" bottle drinks ...

Always advertised as "Kickapoo Joy Juice" .... [bounce2]

post-107101-0-77801400-1384400993.jpg

Last time Jolly Shandy was the "in" drink during my generation cos it had alcohol content in it (I think) and we weren't of legal age back then to buy alcohol. Cheap thrill.

How about "Kickapoo" bottle drinks ...

Always advertised as "Kickapoo Joy Juice" .... [bounce2]

Kicakapoo at least still can taste in Mountain Dew. The one extinct is Sinalco. The factory used to be by the river at bendemeer next to the fire station.

Turbocharged

any one played bottle caps before?

What I did was flatten the bottle caps, use a scissor and cut into 5 pointed star shape and turn them into ninja weapon.

we practice throwing these ninja darts on a tree trunk.

How come no one remembered this?

Pull-string poppers!

F4S968MGRFN2XF1.LARGE.jpg

Last time, I used to cut away the strings, bend it into half and use a rubber band to shoot it like paper bullets. It will explode with a very loud bang on impact. Another thing I like to do is to tie one end of the string to the bicycle wheel spook and the other end to the bicycle frame. When the cyclist rides off, it will pop loudly scaring the sh!t out of him!

FXWVM8IGRFMW303.LARGE.jpg

• Praise 2

How come no one remembered this?

Pull-string poppers!

F4S968MGRFN2XF1.LARGE.jpg

Last time, I used to cut away the strings, bend it into half and use a rubber band to shoot it like paper bullets. It will explode with a very loud bang on impact. Another thing I like to do is to tie one end of the string to the bicycle wheel spook and the other end to the bicycle frame. When the cyclist rides off, it will pop loudly scaring the sh!t out of him!

FXWVM8IGRFMW303.LARGE.jpg

hmmmmmmmm............ I remembered ... [bounce2][bounce2]

my primary school teachers always kana when they pull the classroom door ... [sly]

↡ Advertisement