Flashback from the 80s to 90s

BabyBlade

Wahaha.....u muz be quite young. Gameboy seems quite 'recent'.

Bet many MCF lao jiao would remember having the grandaddy of the 80s hand held game: Nintendo Game and Watch! [thumbsup]

i like the sotong and chicken!
↡ Advertisement

Wahaha.....u muz be quite young. Gameboy seems quite 'recent'.

Bet many MCF lao jiao would remember having the grandaddy of the 80s hand held game: Nintendo Game and Watch! [thumbsup]

This parachute game I play before.

1, 9=n how many know to play this. Play until the button "." and "+" become loose.

casiocl5.jpg

this one is granddaddy of them all....we played them while we were in sec 2...1981. My friend scored 99 999...highest score!

this one is granddaddy of them all....we played them while we were in sec 2...1981. My friend scored 99 999...highest score!

This one I also played.

i played this..

only could afford this during those time, poor..

11911293-toy-parachute-2.jpg

not forgetting my favorite

ULTRAMAN.jpg

you that old har.....maybe i am older! hahahaha....a must have game back in the kampong days....my friend would climb the coconut tree and release it.....it took damn long to reach the ground!

i had this back in the 90....played Micheal Jackson game and shadow dancer.....

I don't know how many hours I spent playing Moonwalker (still the best soundtrack for a game) and other megadrive games....golden axe...streets of rage...Herzog zwei....

I don't know how many hours I spent playing Moonwalker (still the best soundtrack for a game) and other megadrive games....golden axe...streets of rage...Herzog zwei....

i played moonwalker and shadow dancer until my late dad's tv changed color...became very reddish and then blue...me n my twin brother kana scolded upside down. He disallowed us from playing it on the the new tv.....funny siak. Now my son got PS 3 oso bo hiu lan...he prefers to play with his friends on the internet.

i played moonwalker and shadow dancer until my late dad's tv changed color...became very reddish and then blue...me n my twin brother kana scolded upside down. He disallowed us from playing it on the the new tv.....funny siak. Now my son got PS 3 oso bo hiu lan...he prefers to play with his friends on the internet.

i think thete was a also a zombie game...but i forgot the title liao.

Neutral Newbie

Most of the toys I had seen or play during young age. During 70s 80s no PC or note book.

We play with small and mid marble, cards, throw coin at line ard 8 to 10 ft away, ha ha time had past very fast.

Some of the games we played in the 70's - 80's.

(a)

- bottle caps

- 'tigam' plastic figurines

- erasers (and yes the world flag erasers were in hot demand)

the point was to push your unit over the opponent's and win both

(b) marbles. of course

You'd draw a circle in the sand, then throw marbles into the circle hoping to knock the opponent's out

© buzz saw toy - you got these from snack packets in plastic, spun them up rapidly between your hands and tried to 'defeat' your opponent's spin. They got suspended after some broke through abuse and supposedly injured a few kids' eyes

Buzz-Saw.jpg

(d) wooden top

IMG_8223_Wood_Top_D_RSD.jpg?588

(e) 'exploding' darts

You took a metal dart board dart (children could buy these from the provision shop!) and removed the long metal needle. You then scraped the brown stuff off matches into the hole and covered the hole with a metal nail, sharp side into the hole, held in place with a rubber band. When you threw the dart upwards, it would land with a loud bang

(f) string. 'nuf said

five_p_star.gif

(g) hopscotch

800px-TiuFeiKei(Hopscotch)_pattern.JPG

We even had fun without toys

- lived in a 'classic' HDB block, single rectangle with stairs on both sides. Multi-floor catching, anyone?

- Jump rope - sometimes rope that the neighbourhood shops would discard, or sometimes made with rubber bands painstakingly collected. Two persons would hold the rope at increasingly high levels. I remember playing these in the HDB stair landings where an overenthusiastic jump would have literally taken us down the steps...

- 'tor-beh-long' - where you used lines on the ground (e.g. badminton court) as the safe paths for 'catching' games - no one was allowed to step off the lines.

- in heavy rainfall, there was a constant stream of rainwater flooding the steps and 2nd floor balconies. We used to make paper boats and set them into the stream

- there were still fish in 'long gao' to catch...

Edited by Nostalgia
  • Praise 3

Anyone know where i can buy a Western Bar in good working condition ?

Willing to pay reasonable price for it.

thanks in adv !!

Yeah all so atas. My time only play this

post-47611-0-69533000-1384272332.jpg

↡ Advertisement