$15 To Get Right Newborn in Hospital

Vid

Hypersonic

Basically, news article says parents have to pay $15 so they get the right baby after giving birth. Do you think it's right? Isn't it the responsibility of hospitals to ensure that?

No pay, no right baby? :o :o Wrong baby, hospital not at fault? [rifle]

1381354_557629514303169_1506999938_n.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My guess from glancing at the article is the cost of implementing new RFID to tag the babies? now hospital want to add that cost to the bill as part of the consumables?

I thought the plastic name tags are already used right now?

My guess from glancing at the article is the cost of implementing new RFID to tag the babies? now hospital want to add that cost to the bill as part of the consumables?

Price different plus implementation cost and administrative cost add in.

They are not smart. Should just hid it somewhere instead of showing the price of RFID.

Hypersonic

Yes, that's the cost they are recommending for implementing the tag. Not sure if it has any legal implications if a couple opt out of the tag but end up with the wrong baby. Would the hospital waive their liability in such incidents? Not good if it goes that way.

• Praise 1

Yes, that's the cost they are recommending for implementing the tag. Not sure if it has any legal implications if a couple opt out of the tag but end up with the wrong baby. Would the hospital waive their liability in such incidents? Not good if it goes that way.

not likely. hospital owes a duty of care.. to identify the right baby in this case. and before RFID, how do they do it? use the old method.

so will implementing the new tech or not alter the legal view of the courts for the duty of care? not at all.

so I wouldn't bet that hospitals can waive their liability so easily.

Even with RFID, whats to say some overworked nurse can mislabel the baby like old tech way? still human error. unless there is bar code on the baby lasered on when the mum visit the gynecologist.. [sly][laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

not likely. hospital owes a duty of care.. to identify the right baby in this case. and before RFID, how do they do it? use the old method.

so will implementing the new tech or not alter the legal view of the courts for the duty of care? not at all.

so I wouldn't bet that hospitals can waive their liability so easily.

Even with RFID, whats to say some overworked nurse can mislabel the baby like old tech way? still human error. unless there is bar code on the baby lasered on when the mum visit the gynecologist.. [sly][laugh]

Well, then the RFID becomes redundant liao. No point implementing [shakehead]

Well, then the RFID becomes redundant liao. No point implementing [shakehead]

lol... must upgrade mah... show that productivity increase by using new tech.

skills upgrade for the nurse to learn using RFID.

money go to contractor to implement and buy RFID.

Hospital revenue increase.

locating the baby is as easy as pointing a RFID reader.. no need squint eye to read the label. [cool]

Hypersonic

lol... must upgrade mah... show that productivity increase by using new tech.

skills upgrade for the nurse to learn using RFID.

money go to contractor to implement and buy RFID.

Hospital revenue increase.

locating the baby is as easy as pointing a RFID reader.. no need squint eye to read the label. [cool]

Then hospitals must bear the costs of upgrade. This is benefit more for their nurses not the patients. If I upgrade my company's computer network, I don't go and tell my clients I'm going to charge them more because the computers are new right?

• Praise 1

Then hospitals must bear the costs of upgrade. This is benefit more for their nurses not the patients. If I upgrade my company's computer network, I don't go and tell my clients I'm going to charge them more because the computers are new right?

ya lah.. just that hospital have this thing called consumables that they charge patients.. gloves la, syringe la... paper cups la... and they don't charge you at cost... they must make profit!

actually I think some upgrades are needless... just churn to make more money... sigh

Neutral Newbie

Basically, news article says parents have to pay $15 so they get the right baby after giving birth. Do you think it's right? Isn't it the responsibility of hospitals to ensure that?

No pay, no right baby? :o :o Wrong baby, hospital not at fault? [rifle]

1381354_557629514303169_1506999938_n.jpg

This is just ridiculous. These hospital admins have the audacity to pull a stunt like this. Have they lost their minds?

not on the same year. but the next year, you will have a show of overhead cost increase which will automatically be translated operational cost.

however, if your computer upgrade actually increase productivity, it will actually lower operational cost on the longer term.

for this hospital??? its likely going to increase operational cost because added step into scanning the RFID [shakehead]

Hypersonic

not on the same year. but the next year, you will have a show of overhead cost increase which will automatically be translated operational cost.

however, if your computer upgrade actually increase productivity, it will actually lower operational cost on the longer term.

for this hospital??? its likely going to increase operational cost because added step into scanning the RFID [shakehead]

I just group them as INFLATION into my calculations -_-

I just group them as INFLATION into my calculations -_-

Seriously, this RFID doesn't solve the problem.

Remember what is the real issue??? the Name Tag was swapped. What make them think the RFID Tag wont swapped.

when we implement technology into a work station, we have to ask ourselves a few question,

1) Does this Technology solve our problem?

2) Does this technology help improve productivity?

3) Does this technology help to decrease bottomline?

IF all 3 are no, then what for implement???

yeah I know before someone say it I will post number 4

Does this technology increase profit. [furious]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Seriously, this RFID doesn't solve the problem.

Remember what is the real issue??? the Name Tag was swapped. What make them think the RFID Tag wont swapped.

when we implement technology into a work station, we have to ask ourselves a few question,

1) Does this Technology solve our problem?

2) Does this technology help improve productivity?

3) Does this technology help to decrease bottomline?

IF all 3 are no, then what for implement???

You know, I know, everybody knows it was human error. No technology can solve that but in the long run, it is meant to increase profit when it becomes compulsory and the norm. And it will also be extended to all in-patients so be prepared to pay more in hospitals.

• Praise 1

it increase cost for customer... and increase your charges.. and profit. [grin]

You know, I know, everybody knows it was human error. No technology can solve that but in the long run, it is meant to increase profit when it becomes compulsory and the norm. And it will also be extended to all in-patients so be prepared to pay more in hospitals.

Yeah. I only ask for them to think of better idea to earn my money nia.

come out with something so 1/2 pass 6. btw which hospital huh?? if its private, I forgive them. they are afterall only up for my money.

↡ Advertisement