Help Needed on Maintenance for E200 (W212)

Asure7

Just bought a certified pre-owned 2011 E200CGI (W212) with the 5-speed gearbox...

Anyone know in details the difference between servicing A and B at C&C?

Heard it is just additional checks for B but have to leave car overnight which is really inconvenient.

A is regular minor service cost around 480 while B goes at least 1k although usually will shoot to 2-3k which is kind of ridiculous.

To avoid leaving the car overnight, some owners request for A (when B is needed) then change fluids at outside workshops to maintain warranty.

Checked with SE and seems it's ok to change wear and tear items outside.

I'm actually more concerned about when to change ATF and how many litres required...

I was actually told by the SE that C&C usually don't change ATF during servicing since it's supposed to be "lifetime" (duh.. not that again...)

So I intend to change ATF at 3rd party workshops, while going back to C&C for minimal servicing to maintain warranty.

Would be great to have some info on when to change spark plugs and which ones to use too.

Went though the owner's manual, and there's really nothing much in there in regards to type of ATF / amount required.. no info on spark plugs too.

Thanks!

Edited by Asure7
↡ Advertisement