Wheel spacers - the real truth...

Ken4555

On 5/14/2020 at 7:39 PM, mersaylee said:

The last time I saw a shop that used a torque wrench was in the early 2000s 

I think is the some for Authorised Works also long time never use torque wrench,

personally and relative had encountered  difficult to loosen the NUts manually(flat tire), and tire shop said they also felt many over tightened by Super Power tool .

over tightened is bad for thread and you only knows when your next job needs to loosen.

just MHO

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 9:40 AM, Roberttan said:

I think is the some for Authorised Works also long time never use torque wrench,

personally and relative had encountered  difficult to loosen the NUts manually(flat tire), and tire shop said they also felt many over tightened by Super Power tool .

over tightened is bad for thread and you only knows when your next job needs to loosen.

just MHO

Ya, if you go track day with over tighten lugs. It may cause the bolts to be sheared off. 

Personally for my car, it comes with staggered AMG rims stock. So its naturally flushed. 

Edited by Oppositelock

Neutral Newbie
Just now, Kwokv said:

I think it is very important to use good quality wheels pacers and bolts.

11 hours ago, GerardToyle said:

wheel spacers, good or bad. I think different people have different ideas. But if you buy the lower quality spacers, that must be bad. Because low price means low cost, which makes us more likely to face danger.

Recently I was considering installing wheel spacers on my car, I saw the BONOSS Forged active cooling wheel spacers on the Internet, and some netizens shared and installed these component. So I install that last week. 

The spacers push the wheels out slightly, giving it  a more flush look with the fenders. I am glad that I can buy such good spacers, and I hope that what I have shared will help you.

You could consider these spacers, if you are interested, please visit the link here.

Remember to take out Spacer before Inspection.

Twincharged
2 hours ago, GotTurboInside said:

@ER-3682 will fail inspection if got spacer? Confirm? 

Can't seem to find it from lta website 

Yes,according to all my Friends who fitted it...even not out of the wheel archs.

4 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Yes,according to all my Friends who fitted it...even not out of the wheel archs.

what reasons given? any info ?

5 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

wow. last time flush with fenders can already .

if like that , now is super strict

Twincharged
6 hours ago, GotTurboInside said:

Must pray hard already else need to remove my brake kit all that. Troublesome. =[

Just send in first,fail then take out.

(edited)
6 hours ago, GotTurboInside said:

Must pray hard already else need to remove my brake kit all that. Troublesome. =[

I cleared my inspection with 15mm spacers front and rear (put by previous owner) at Vicom Kaki Bukit no issue, but i guess is heng sway. Cleared my LED license plate, reverse and pole lights without a hitch too. Exhaust strict though, will check thoroughly, under the hood also will inspect for abit

Edited by SiLangKia

1 hour ago, SiLangKia said:

I cleared my inspection with 15mm spacers front and rear (put by previous owner) at Vicom Kaki Bukit no issue, but i guess is heng sway. Cleared my LED license plate, reverse and pole lights without a hitch too. Exhaust strict though, will check thoroughly, under the hood also will inspect for abit

may be those get rejected must have put in extreme thickness type. 

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Not safe...

IF poor Quality Spacer and Good Quality Spacer with Poor Quality JOb done my the Shop will also Dangerous especially the Super Power tool.

↡ Advertisement