Durian Sellers - recommendations and to avoid

Aukang

Passed by AMK 453 market. Durian galore liao. Lelong lelong 20 % discount.

Stall keeper keep on persuading me buy, but no interest for today..... hahaha

Hulu wang a bit too sweet for my like.

That is true. Lol... I meant to say it is not the wet wet type but is thick and sticky. Machiam like talking about cum.

Looks like you know your stuff.

near the first one on the list is @hamburger recommendation... which imo.. is better than the one on the list...  

cant rem the name... but got dog as a marker.. lol 

the one at Sutera Mall?

Edited by Spinelli_ck

Bought one black thorn , only few seeds inside, but very strong taste and smell.

Expensive but worth trying . $35,/ kg

MSW - $20/kg after tasting the strong taste of black thorn, suddenly feels MSW taste is mild.

• Praise 3

Hope we will see more sane prices of MSW this coming season.

http://www.worldofbuzz.com/malaysians-can-enjoy-super-cheap-musang-king-durian-november-heres/

Malaysians Can Enjoy Super Cheap Musang King Durian in November, Here’s Why

If you live and breathe durian, you’d know that Musang King durian is the real deal when it comes to enjoying this thorny fruit. Unfortunately, the price is not exactly cheap, which is why we’re happy to bring you this good news! Source: Youtube Starting next month, Malaysians can expect to see Musang King durians at a much more forgiving price, because it’s durian-harvesting season in Pahang! Woohoo! As such, there would be a surge in Musang King durian supply in the market, which in turn would reduce the selling price. In fact, it was estimated that the price per kilogram would drop from the current RM100 to somewhere between RM50 and RM60. Guys, Musang King mou? A durian farmer in Raub, Pahang known as Lee, said that the yield of durian in the state alone would increase in 10 to 20 folds. This will inevitably drag down the price of the much-loved Musang King durian. Besides, Lee also said that the Musang King durian fever is likely to persist until Chinese New Year in 2018! In an interview with Sinchew, Lee told reporters that the yield is actually determined by the weather, and that sunny weather helps boost production. Source: Blog Lee was also very optimistic about the durian market price. He reckoned that RM50 may not be the lowest point, and that it could actually go down to as low as RM40! “Since the Musang King durian is not regulated by the government, the price is determined based on the location and grade. For instance, Musang King durian in Johor is said to be cheaper compared to other places,” Lee said.  Singaporeans are even happier than us after hearing this news because prior to this, the price for a kilogram of Musang King durian was RM155 there! As such, many opted for seafood over durian due to the brutal price. So guys, spread the word and jio your friends to have a Musang King durian feast next month!

Read more at WOB: http://www.worldofbuzz.com/malaysians-can-enjoy-super-cheap-musang-king-durian-november-heres/

• Praise 5

The star shape at the bottom and the thorns are not sharp. As in wider and flatter.

Thanks.

I was told the star shape is the same for many durian varieties.

Just had durian at the Dempsey car park last evening, really very good quality.

but price is still expensive ( $40/ kg ) 

Lucky i no need to pay  [:p]

• Praise 3

Thanks.

Yes, there are other varieties that have the star shape. That's why only go to honest seller.

Thanks.

Yes, there are other varieties that have the star shape. That's why only go to honest seller.

Read some durian sellers facebook that some msw are here, and some are expecting to sell early November. But initial price will be high, but expected to drop.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3