Warning letter for not signal

Mustang

Even their own breed can be snapped using HP while driving. Better clean your own house first before you clean the corridors

I thought I read from another forum that someone already proven that the photo is old one and the police car is stationary and parked at the roadside, cos the full picture the wheels not moving. Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement

This is very subjective. Which junction is this? If at a junction all vehicles must turn right, so must signal right?

But more enforcement is good too, especially catch those who never turn on headlights at night. Saw so many of them, very dangerous.

Thanks to bro Mustang for sharing with us. http://www.mycarforum.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/thumbsup.gif

Actually I don't signal when I'm waiting at a turn-right-only lane coz well, it's turn right only. And I'm irritated by cars who do so coz the waiting can sometimes be long and the constant flashing light is annoying. But I do signal when I'm the last vehicle waiting at straight/right lane so that cars behind can siam if they're not turning.

• Praise 2

Actually I don't signal when I'm waiting at a turn-right-only lane coz well, it's turn right only. And I'm irritated by cars who do so coz the waiting can sometimes be long and the constant flashing light is annoying. But I do signal when I'm the last vehicle waiting at straight/right lane so that cars behind can siam if they're not turning.

Bro these day LTA very on the ball. The other day I was driving just outside ten mile junction turning toward upper bukit timah the linear direction. A car in the inner lane doing the right turn failed to signal(where he die die also have to turn right) and a LTA on bike just whip out his camera and take photo. I not too sure if can argue rear light indication bulb blown as a excuse

if not wrong, in countries like Australia it is still a must to signal even if it is a turn right only lane. As long as you not going straight, just signal to the direction you are turning to, a good habit to have.

Just read this and must say it is high time more enforcement is carried out to penalise drivers who don't signal; especially those who waited to turn right or left in a multi lane i.e a lane for going straight or turning.

Just this afternoon, a Transcab driver did not take the 1st lane for right turn although there was no car but took the 2nd lane (meant to go straight or turning right) without signalling. When the light turned green, he moved forward to make a right turn. Not signalling in such lanes is being inconsiderate. Such drivers deserved to be booked.

Earlier this year, a cab driver was terminated by his company for an incident with me as a result of not signalling when he intended to turn right but did not signal.

When I horned at him, he was unhappy, came after me and compelled me to stop in the middle of the road which resulted in my reporting him to TP, LTA and his company. He was eventually fined by TP and suspended by his company.

His biggest mistake was to come after me although he was at fault.

Hence, this news about drivers being fined for not signalling is surely a welcome news for those like me who detest those who refused to signal despite the necessity to do so.

Seriously, one of the worst thing to be booked for. How about those who never turn off their signal? How about poor lane discipline?

Inportant question: Where are they stationed??

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/transport/story/over-56tant 0-motorists-fined-year-their-failure-signal-20140915

attachicon.giftp.PNG

• Praise 1

these few days do not know why but every time I switch on my signal light to indicate my intention to switch lane, I will see the car which was travelling on the lane I intend to switch to, suddenly accelerate to my rear wheel then slow down and block my lane switch. Is this the latest irritate other driver campaign tactic? Got 2-3 cases over the weekend.

these few days do not know why but every time I switch on my signal light to indicate my intention to switch lane, I will see the car which was travelling on the lane I intend to switch to, suddenly accelerate to my rear wheel then slow down and block my lane switch. Is this the latest irritate other driver campaign tactic? Got 2-3 cases over the weekend.

You suay lah. For me it happens sometimes only.

Supercharged

This has been discussed before. It happened to many of us, not only you.

What you can do is to cut into the lane (make sure blind spot no vehicle first), 1/4 way into the lane then you signal. Like that the car behind has no way to block you switching in....

You suay lah. For me it happens sometimes only.

Even 'sometimes' happened, it is bad enough already....

• Dislike 1

Everything also can summon..

Irritating but actually uis good for the road user tho

Just drive according to the rules and no need to contribute

to nation building.

Some people just have too much money so they purposely

break the law and happily pay the fines.

:D

• Praise 1

Next up will be queue cutters. Wish all get hauled up. This one quite easy to catch actually.

I hate q cutters, I have they get caught and contribute to nation building.

• Praise 1

What you can do is to cut into the lane (make sure blind spot no vehicle first), 1/4 way into the lane then you signal. Like that the car behind has no way to block you switching in....

Even 'sometimes' happened, it is bad enough already....

What happens if the TP see you doing the 1/4 thing; technically he can say did not signal properly?

Sometimes, when the signal light comes on, the driver also turn at the same moment! That's also incorrect.

• Praise 1

That means your gap is not big enough.

If the gap is bit enough you can signal

and wait for the car to accelerate

and you still have more than enough

space to change lanes before he reaches you.

They there is nothing the car behind can do

except horn at you cos he is a sore loser.

I have met many like that that I want to put

a bumper sticker - horn if you a loser.

• Praise 4

That defeats the purpose of signaling, which is to warn other road users of your intention (not to avoid summon). There will be times whereby you miss out on a vehicle or a bike in your blind spot. Such a habit should never be adopted.

I don't have issue getting into my desired lane via signaling in Singapore (usually), despite the many inconsiderate drivers on our roads, it usually happens when I am not decisive enough. Speed is of the essence when it comes to lane filtering, I think.

• Praise 5

Supercharged

Someone just disliked me in post 118, but dare not identify himself/herself.

I was only expressing my opinion n offering an idea, by giving my own example. What's wrong with that? If you felt my idea is not good, you can ignore. Don't have to shoot me down. It is very unappreciating.

Since my views aren't welcomed, then I say no more. I'm out of here.

I hate q cutters, I have they get caught and contribute to nation building.

I hate q cutters too. But what I hate most is the people who leave so much space in front of them for q cutters to slot in...

I hate q cutters too. But what I hate most is the people who leave so much space in front of them for q cutters to slot in...

Yeah these are usually the day dreamers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1