KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Whatever specs are written when you bought will be delivered. Probably for future new orders

Yup. you're right.. those down spec-ed cars will be made known when the new buyers buy... so for now, if wanna buy kin kin liao.. mai tu liao... or else you'll pay same price for lower spec car.

Eh, bro, I did the LED light liao.. went to a car acc shop n got them done up along the way.. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Hehe awesome! Whats the damage

Yup. you're right.. those down spec-ed cars will be made known when the new buyers buy... so for now, if wanna buy kin kin liao.. mai tu liao... or else you'll pay same price for lower spec car.

Eh, bro, I did the LED light liao.. went to a car acc shop n got them done up along the way.. [:p]

You mean those who booked already but still waiting for car to ship in the next batch shipment, will not have those extra features like sunroof, 6 airbags etc?? Doesnt sound right leh...

no laa...specs all written on contract aldy. its for future batches. customers WILL BE and MUST BE informed of any changes.... [thumbsup] if not be PRO ACTIVE and ASK lor...wont die trying... [drivingcar]

Edited by Blublak

I heard down-spec will be for future batches...now they are still selling September batch...likely October batch still same spec...

I asked the SE about the new price but he say don't know yet but likely slightly cheaper..

Maybe in future no more 10K difference between EX and SX...maybe 6-7K difference...just guessing.. -_-

Just went to Kia showroom today.

They have increase the price back to 94999 and 104999 (non-guarantee)...and 98999 and 108999 (guarantee)

The increase is because they expect COE to remain strong this Wednesday due to the mass order from BM Toyota Altis stock clearance...

Also heard that from next batch onwards, they are bringing in SX model with less equipment to reduce the high car cost...

Things that will be gone are sun-roof, 6 air-bags and some others...

BTW, for those Bro who has got the SX with sun roof, will it be very noisy on heavy downpours ?

Also, any issue so far with water slippage ?

TIA...

It's not noisy on heavy downpours. As 7hm mentioned, in fact with sunroof the noise is even softer without the usual rain hitting metal "thunk thunk" sound. As for the slippage, no issue so far. It comes factory kitted from Korea if u order the SX, so probably quite safe.

Hi bros n sis

Loves the looks with bodykit.
May I know how much C&c is charging for the bodykit?
How about outside selling price for bodykit?

Thanks

C&C is charging $1k for the bodykit, if SX request to de-kit bodykit, u get $500 in return. Seriously, u can nego the price when u confirm on buying.

Outside is selling $1k++ (see pic below) . Personally, I prefer the Original C&C one.. more subtle, and if u carbonise it looks chio =)

11214120_10153437764380242_322504669257912003383_919750118117417_150261106407710

Edited by Maomao82
  • Praise 2

Yesterday, I accompanied a friend to go see the K3 after I have one myself weeks back.

Price went up $1k as expected.

Naturally he go for EX as he still find $10k difference is too much but his car left less than 3 wks more so if he wanted quick delivery, he would have to go for SX though color is an issue too.

As he intend to take up very low loan as such he is not eligible for $3k discount. Even if he is taking loan, doubt any banks want to loan him as he is a retiree with $0 income. Based on this he is trading in his solar flim, Eurostyle infotainment and 3 yrs servicing with guaranteed COE to offset the $3k discount not given. Even should he take up insurance, cannot get at least $1.5k.

Is it worthwhile? I think is not really. He can pay cash money no prob.

Now Eurostyle infotainment not a granted free gift already. Thought is free.

Yup, no paint protection can protect against physical damage... maybe mild chemical can, but this will also wear off..

Best is to just accept the dinks and dents , then after 3 yrs go do a 1 time "facial" to respray or patch the dents...

Those having white color will also see a discoloration after some years , when the white will become light beige... can't be helped la...chemical property...

I find that despite this, it still can resist the rock to touch the paint, I see that there is some damages but held up well and cannot see any damages unless purposely find it which is hard too. Unless the rock is big and fast.

• Praise 1

Yesterday, I accompanied a friend to go see the K3 after I have one myself weeks back.

Naturally he go for EX as he still find $10k difference is too much but his car left less than 3 wks more so if he wanted quick delivery, he would have to go for SX though color is an issue too.

As he intend to take up very low loan as such he is not eligible for $3k discount. Even if he is taking loan, doubt any banks want to loan him as he is a retiree with $0 income. Based on this he is trading in his solar flim, Eurostyle infotainment and 3 yrs servicing with guaranteed COE to offset the $3k discount not given. Even should he take up insurance, cannot get at least $1.5k.

Did your friend chose the 107.9k package with guaranteed COE?

The free 2 items are Solar Film and Dashcam instead of Eurostyle I think.

I hate the shape of the doors when opened - front as well as back.

Same sentiments as my OC. she asked how come the edge looks kinda weird.

I find that despite this, it still can resist the rock to touch the paint, I see that there is some damages but held up well and cannot see any damages unless purposely find it which is hard too. Unless the rock is big and fast.

1) Frankly, for the retiree, I'd advise him to get another 3-4 yrs left small car.. since he no income and retired and probably has some cash in hand to live off.. no point splurge on a new car and a down spec one at that. and still have to scrimp and save every cent to get this new car... one of my bosses bought a 8 yr old Lexus GS300.. only $54K, OMV 50K+ take back 25K+, so net depn per yr is abt 14K.. damn wu hua and the condition is superb.. drive liao song song like tao kay and can renew 5 yr COE if is still good condition.. 2 yrs left Lexus at 54K (+60K 5 yr COE renewal) vs new K3 at 94K, you say leh? Esp for a older retiree.....

2) Yup, the paint protection shld be able to resist small rock dings.. but best practice is to drive far behind dump trucks and on roads with loose stones...

Think the Eurostyle can korek from the SE if you ask really nicely, bec will come from their commission. But dun go all out to dig dig dig la... let him/her have some money left ma.. haha... [laugh]

Think the Eurostyle can korek from the SE if you ask really nicely, bec will come from their commission. But dun go all out to dig dig dig la... let him/her have some money left ma.. haha... [laugh]

Yah lor, my wife's colleague who just signed got it free from his SE. But not me, guess I didn't know how to korek.. [laugh]

End of the day, it's a lose-lose situation for me and my SE.. coz' another friend who's tempted to book one SX ask recommendation for the SE who throw in more freebies instead of mine. [:/]

Edited by Alvantan

Yah lor, my wife's colleague who just signed got it free from his SE. But not me, guess I didn't know how to korek.. [laugh]

End of the day, it's a lose-lose situation for me and my SE.. coz' another friend who's tempted to book one SX ask recommendation for the SE who throw in more freebies instead of mine. [:/]

Haha.. its ok bro.. diff SE give diff "free gifts" and even same SE will give diff "gifts" at diff times...

Depends how much comm the SE is earning from the "side orders" too, like if u take up their car loans, take the guaranteed COE, take their insurance, do a trade in etc.. they also earn a bit from all these, and can give u a bit more "freebies" if their comm is higher.. so no point compare what one buyer got as free gift to another buyer, bec diff people buy diff things and diff SE too...

Just be happy with what you got, and if not, then go change it ! Not a lot of $$ anyway...

Haha.. its ok bro.. diff SE give diff "free gifts" and even same SE will give diff "gifts" at diff times...

Depends how much comm the SE is earning from the "side orders" too, like if u take up their car loans, take the guaranteed COE, take their insurance, do a trade in etc.. they also earn a bit from all these, and can give u a bit more "freebies" if their comm is higher.. so no point compare what one buyer got as free gift to another buyer, bec diff people buy diff things and diff SE too...

Just be happy with what you got, and if not, then go change it ! Not a lot of $$ anyway...

yup, agree with you bro.

Just be happy. Now looking forward to the new ride and meetup sessions!

i probably will head north to take a look install bodykit here..

http://www.aperfectbodykit.com/index.php?ws=ourproducts&cat=Kia&subcat=K3&lang=#openproducts

This guy qoute me RM 1280

Poisonous siah! stay away.... :D

Neutral Newbie

[confused][confused][confused]

yup, agree with you bro.

Just be happy. Now looking forward to the new ride and meetup sessions!

Poisonous siah! stay away.... :D

[confused][confused] wat u mean

I don't think your friend can afford it. Giving up a bunch of freebies just to get a 3k discount off a car that costs 100k.

Also not sure what you are trying to say. First you say he is taking up a low loan, hence not eligible for 3k loan discount. Then you say you doubt banks will offer him a loan as he has $0 income. Lastly you say he can pay in cash, no problem.

Same sentiments as my OC. she asked how come the edge looks kinda weird.

Not choose yet. Confirming this Tuesday. Most likely, the EX. No car for 1 mth at most.

Solar flim and dashcam has to trade in too.

$10k to him also money.

Edited by Dark_flan

How old is he as a retiree? If 6x, would advice him get a good condition 4/5years 2nd hand drive until scrap. Honestly speaking if he has lots of retirement fund, and able to part that 100k full cash, I dont think need to bother the $3k freebies, coz he easily save > $5k on interest alone..

means.. these mods are too tempting.. gonna burn a hole in pocket.. :D

Lots of brothers are being poisoned by RSChip, E-throttle & KNN Filters, after market Fog Lite DRL in the K3 Whatsapp group :a-panic:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1