KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

the K3 side skirts are also attahed using screws at both ends, and along the length is stuck with 3m adhesive doubside tape. not sure if 3m tape is better or clear sealant is better hehe....

Mine is by the 3M tape for sure. As I dun see any sealant at all but it will not fall off as it is bolted at the corner and bottom part is strong seemly secured too but the top part is 3M tape.

↡ Advertisement

Mine is by the 3M tape for sure. As I dun see any sealant at all but it will not fall off as it is bolted at the corner and bottom part is strong seemly secured too but the top part is 3M tape.

Yup. the bottom is secured by clips.

i think 3m all weather tape will be better than sealant as my current car the sealant will detach after 1 year...

Another issue I wanna ask the bros here is that for the car battery, I saw a contraption on the top of the car battery holder (rectangle shape) and my SE say is for jump starting or someting purpose... is that true? Looks like got PCB on this rectanngle piece.. anyone knows how to take out to replace the car battery with this thing in the way??

i think 3m all weather tape will be better than sealant as my current car the sealant will detach after 1 year...

Another issue I wanna ask the bros here is that for the car battery, I saw a contraption on the top of the car battery holder (rectangle shape) and my SE say is for jump starting or someting purpose... is that true? Looks like got PCB on this rectanngle piece.. anyone knows how to take out to replace the car battery with this thing in the way??

haha maybe it was done to make us replace the car battery only with C&C....

outside workshop can change the batt la, i juz changed batt.. anyway there appears to be an issue with the immobiliser or something, my car sometimes wun crank despite detecting the key, changed batt initialliy thinking due to flat batt..

outside workshop can change the batt la, i juz changed batt.. anyway there appears to be an issue with the immobiliser or something, my car sometimes wun crank despite detecting the key, changed batt initialliy thinking due to flat batt..

after changing your car batt, then what happened bro? Solved your non cranking issue? Or was it someting else?

Can I check again who has collected their ride since securing their COE in the last bidding excercise (9/9/15)?

I'm asked my SE to give an indication of roughly when I'm able to collect the car but he is wishy washy about it.

3M tape also wear out over time but still a better option than sealant as it does not looks like a gluey mess and change color. My ex boot lip spoiler of my previous car also pop out certain area but never fly off despite every 3 days wash car for the past 8 yrs. Else you see a flying spoiler.

Maybe I shall ignore it but see what the SE says during my 1000km servicing. But my chrome grille got some chipping when new but not obvious.

3M tape also wear out over time but still a better option than sealant as it does not looks like a gluey mess and change color. My ex boot lip spoiler of my previous car also pop out certain area but never fly off despite every 3 days wash car for the past 8 yrs. Else you see a flying spoiler.

Maybe I shall ignore it but see what the SE says during my 1000km servicing. But my chrome grille got some chipping when new but not obvious.

yup, last 8 yrs very good liao... as long as the 3m tape can last a few years before give way, then shld be acceptable la...

ya, you can ask for some touch up lo.. see what they can do....

Turbocharged

With Altis not having traction control and so much locally fitted items for $110k range, really CMI. People are buying it because it is still a legendary nameplate.

Some more, the LED lights, dunno whether the levelling system works, everytime i encounter an Altis at night, they go over small undulations in the road, sure get flash flash effect in my mirrors.

With Altis not having traction control and so much locally fitted items for $110k range, really CMI. People are buying it because it is still a legendary nameplate.

Some more, the LED lights, dunno whether the levelling system works, everytime i encounter an Altis at night, they go over small undulations in the road, sure get flash flash effect in my mirrors.

The LED main beams are too bright, especially for our roads. IMO.

Besides the Toyota Altis brand name, another major factor is the imba FC.

when you collecting the car?

They told me around 10 days from now for the collection.

Which model u getting?

Edited by Funghai

Turbocharged

Besides the Toyota Altis brand name, another major factor is the imba FC.

Altis consumption not really that amazing either imo... Mazda3 manages better.

And the Altis isn't a firebreather in engine output either. In real world I don't think the Altis goes much further on a tank than the K3 does.

Mazda is on the way to be a best-seller this year and KM-Honda is falling way behind due to overpricing. Compared to BM-Toyota, EUROKARS has definitely got a winner on their podium for 2015.

On the other hand though, BM also retains and earns customers via the famed reliability of Toyotas.... and BM ownership service is usually pretty good, I've heard. Must ask some Toyota owners what their experience is like. I also heard lots of positive stories from TC-Nissan owners.

C&C for KIA, sounds like the treatment is kind of poor leh.

Edited by 7hm

Altis consumption not really that amazing either imo... Mazda3 manages better.

And the Altis isn't a firebreather in engine output either. In real world I don't think the Altis goes much further on a tank than the K3 does.

Mazda is on the way to be a best-seller this year and KM-Honda is falling way behind due to overpricing. Compared to BM-Toyota, EUROKARS has definitely got a winner on their podium for 2015.

On the other hand though, BM also retains and earns customers via the famed reliability of Toyotas.... and BM ownership service is usually pretty good, I've heard. Must ask some Toyota owners what their experience is like. I also heard lots of positive stories from TC-Nissan owners.

C&C for KIA, sounds like the treatment is kind of poor leh.

Ppl buy Altis mostly go for the badge as it is renowned for reliability and fuel saving. I drive an Altis for the past 10 yrs and proven that it is a solid car though built in Thailand.

But paying $100k for such with lesser features does not feels premium to the K3 lor which resulted to go for the Kia. Kia's resale value seems to be appreciating compared to the past models.

I am quite surprised that my K3 has OMV value very near to the Altis but cost way cheaper than that. Good buy.

↡ Advertisement