It's simple maths.

Car cost for SX = 39K

COE reserve price = 57,999

Total cost = 97k

Selling price = 105k (non guaranteed)

Kia's profit margin on SX = 8k

EX car cost = 32,700

Selling price = 95k (non guaranteed)

Hence I expect his reserve price to be around 54k, which is obviously unattainable in the current market.

By the way this also means for those buying SX, non guaranteed bid is a good choice if COE stays around this level. No need to pay an extra 4k ^_^

my AD presented to me... gtd coe xtras 4k but aso incld 3 yr servicing which cost 2k. so actually paying jus 2k for cfm coe wor...did i get con?

getting my car nxt week

↡ Advertisement

my AD presented to me... gtd coe xtras 4k but aso incld 3 yr servicing which cost 2k. so actually paying jus 2k for cfm coe wor...did i get con?

getting my car nxt week

Actually the worth of 3 year servicing/60K package depend on your car usage pattern...

cos I understand that each service points is by mileage attained: 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K, 60K.

If you drive say only 36K in 3 years, you actually get to use only 3 services (10k, 20K, 30K), and will forgo the rest (40K, 50K, 60K) as you will only reach those beyond the 3 year mark.

If each service ave about $300, then 3 services is only about $900.

Edited by danzo

getting my car nxt week

Once paid, don't need to think too much. But from the calculations above you can see that non guaranteed COE for SX is as good as guaranteed, based on their targeted profit margin.

Actually the worth of 3 year servicing/60K package depend on your car usage pattern...

cos I understand that each service points is by mileage attained: 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K, 60K.

If you drive say only 36K in 3 years, you actually get to use only 3 services (10k, 20K, 30K), and will forgo the rest (40K, 50K, 60K) as you will only reach those beyond the 3 year mark.

If each service ave about $300, then 3 services is only about $900.

No bro, its 10K or 6 mths whichever is earlier.. so if you drive <10K but hit 6 mths, you go service.... Correct me if I am wrong k? [:p]

See this bro.. http://www.kia.com/sg/wcm/groups/webcontent/@sg/documents/webbasiccontent/079830.pdf

Edited by Lurpsexx

Hi,

I just got my COE on first bid too. Non-gtd. SX model. Stream Metal. Expected to get car by Weds or Thurs next week.

I was talking to the sale exec today when I goes down to pay the balance. Most EX non-gtd get their COE. According to the SE, it is indeed cos the profit margin of the car.

I m officially a K3 owner!

Cheers

Just got your coe Ytd too? Or Aug 2nd biddingn

Hi,

I just got my COE on first bid too. Non-gtd. SX model. Stream Metal. Expected to get car by Weds or Thurs next week.

I was talking to the sale exec today when I goes down to pay the balance. Most EX non-gtd get their COE. According to the SE, it is indeed cos the profit margin of the car.

I m officially a K3 owner!

Cheers

Got my K3 for this round too! [:p] Guaranteed COE.

Free Solar Film, Eurostyle & Dashcam.. + all my taobao items arrived. Can't wait to pick up my new car [bounce2]

BTW, is there any K3 outing? How to join??

Woah then how come next week can collect alr? Mine they say 2 weeks leh. Yours is 1st bidding too?

Oh I got it yesterday. Just saw the new promotion! Got 1 year read tax free :(

I bought mine at 103,999 with Eurostyle, PPS and DVR recorder. Yeap.!

Woah then how come next week can collect alr? Mine they say 2 weeks leh. Yours is 1st bidding too?

I bought mine at 103,999 with Eurostyle, PPS and DVR recorder. Yeap.!

Hmm your 103999 not gtd right? Cos he say mine is scheduled for fitting on 15 sep, takes about 2 to 3 days. Plus I opt out for eurostyle so less things to fit.

Yeah mine is not guaranteed. You bought the guaranteed package? Hmmm but period different by quite a lot man.

Hmm your 103999 not gtd right? Cos he say mine is scheduled for fitting on 15 sep, takes about 2 to 3 days. Plus I opt out for eurostyle so less things to fit.

Non gtd too. 1st bid too. Actually I heard people got theirs in 3 working days. First you need them to reserved a car with chassis number for you. I got mine today, in fact before I bought the car, I already reserved the colour already. Then your insurance plays a part. Need them to clear your payment so you can get your insurance in time for car collection. I paid by cash. And lastly you need to know how to press the sale exec!

Edited by Quahfamili

Hi there,

New to K3, but would like to find out more from you guys...hope you can help..:)

Is Eurostyle referring to the GPS cum Reverse Cam ?

I presume the SX does not come with Eurostyle by default, so what is the default ?

Seems that Eurostyle and Bodykit are locally fit for the SX...so is there some other thing that are locally fitted and can be opted out (with some rebate) beside these 2 ?

Thx in advance...

Hi there,

New to K3, but would like to find out more from you guys...hope you can help..:)

Is Eurostyle referring to the GPS cum Reverse Cam ?

I presume the SX does not come with Eurostyle by default, so what is the default ?

Seems that Eurostyle and Bodykit are locally fit for the SX...so is there some other thing that are locally fitted and can be opted out (with some rebate) beside these 2 ?

Thx in advance...

1)yes GPS cum reverse cam.

2)Default is the 1 you see in sgcarmart photos

3)actually good thing about kia k3 is almost everything is fitted in factory, which is a good thing. So far i can also think of these 2 only and maybe the solar film? usually a free gift though.

upz for you guys comparision.

july second bid gold 1 bid guranteed 5 yr servicing @ 111 888 .

Glass coating/eurostyle/carmat/ solarflim/ front camera/ sunshade/ bodykit.

↡ Advertisement