KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Since they are aware quite a number complained.. did they advise on what they are gonna do about it?

Live with it. They replaced the HU a few times, and also added a FM booster for me. None solved the issue. There was no technical measurements so I doubt the cause will ever be known. My suspicion is the integrated windscreen antenna does not work well here. 

Not acceptable.

If there's a problem then KIA must sort it, not rely on owners using a work around.

If it works most of the time i dont think you can call it an issue. Mine only becomes poor reception in parts of the mce tunnel for a specific radio station.

Neutral Newbie

Live with it. They replaced the HU a few times, and also added a FM booster for me. None solved the issue. There was no technical measurements so I doubt the cause will ever be known. My suspicion is the integrated windscreen antenna does not work well here.

The FM booster did not help a single bit at all?

The FM booster did not help a single bit at all?

Not at all. I suspect the issue is caused by three forces; external multi-path interference is too strong, the antenna cannot handle it, and the HU cannot cope with it. I did not have such issue with the good old external antenna sticking out at the side of my previous ride, and its HU.  

Neutral Newbie

Not at all. I suspect the issue is caused by three forces; external multi-path interference is too strong, the antenna cannot handle it, and the HU cannot cope with it. I did not have such issue with the good old external antenna sticking out at the side of my previous ride, and its HU.

I see. Are you driving the 2017 version with the new motrex HU?

If it's really signal mulitpathing I'm inclined to believe that a band pass filter + low noise amplifier might lessen the extent of out of band interference such that the input to the HU is clean enough for it tune to the specific frequencies.

However, if the problem does indeed lie with the HU's inability to tune and filter well enough then that's would be a tricky issue.

If it works most of the time i dont think you can call it an issue. Mine only becomes poor reception in parts of the mce tunnel for a specific radio station.

There is a fuzzy spot in the MCE tunnel, after the ECP exit at the speed camera area.

Neutral Newbie

hello i am interested in the kia k3 sx, when i go to them to c&c what are things i should be asking and looking for? for E.g should i guarantee bid? ask for more freebies ? thank you  cause its my first time dealing wit AD  

hello i am interested in the kia k3 sx, when i go to them to c&c what are things i should be asking and looking for? for E.g should i guarantee bid? ask for more freebies ? thank you  cause its my first time dealing wit AD  

1. Test drive ( drive at least more than 10min, at least up to gear 6)

2. Dont ask discount or freebies first.

3. Let the Sales person offer you what he/she has.

4. They have a standard to give freebies, free service, dash cam, car mat, Motrex head unit,Rite cool solar film.

5. What you need to do is ask things that is on top on these common free things. Like they say give u 1 yr free service, you ask 3 yrs, they say give u dash cam, ask for dual channel, free top up for blind spot detection...etc

6. If they tell you to take guarantee bid, then it depends on you as the difference is 3K. ( i took the guarantee bid, 1st bid got COE.) 

7. Guarantee usually they can give u abit more free gift.

8. Dont commit so fast, play hard abit...as u got time to the next COE bidding.

9. When select color, alot of people go with those got stock(but i think those that got stock one maybe in their warehouse for sometime, else u choose the color u like dont care got stock a not.) I choose got stock, because i got a car to scrap.

10. if your pocket ok, then book..5k credit card, 5k cheque. Use the credit card that has limit more than 5K and can gain u plenty of points.

11. They use two banks, UOB or May Bank 2.58% but their interest rate is higher compare to Hyundai Komoco, 2.08%

12. Credit card swipe already, they will ask you to show them statement that u clear the card, so quite troublesome, u need to go bank and pay the 5K.

13. if you book, then wait for COE come.

• Praise 1

I see. Are you driving the 2017 version with the new motrex HU?

If it's really signal mulitpathing I'm inclined to believe that a band pass filter + low noise amplifier might lessen the extent of out of band interference such that the input to the HU is clean enough for it tune to the specific frequencies.

However, if the problem does indeed lie with the HU's inability to tune and filter well enough then that's would be a tricky issue.

Mine is pre FL K3. I am more inclined to suspect it's a bad combo of the antenna plus the FM signal. Too time consuming and non conclusive with replace and trial method. So I did not pursue further. Learnt to live with it.

Edited by Kiat626

Neutral Newbie

Thank you very much but I am a it confuse about the credit card thing you were saying.

1. Test drive ( drive at least more than 10min, at least up to gear 6)

2. Dont ask discount or freebies first.

3. Let the Sales person offer you what he/she has.

4. They have a standard to give freebies, free service, dash cam, car mat, Motrex head unit,Rite cool solar film.

5. What you need to do is ask things that is on top on these common free things. Like they say give u 1 yr free service, you ask 3 yrs, they say give u dash cam, ask for dual channel, free top up for blind spot detection...etc

6. If they tell you to take guarantee bid, then it depends on you as the difference is 3K. ( i took the guarantee bid, 1st bid got COE.)

7. Guarantee usually they can give u abit more free gift.

8. Dont commit so fast, play hard abit...as u got time to the next COE bidding.

9. When select color, alot of people go with those got stock(but i think those that got stock one maybe in their warehouse for sometime, else u choose the color u like dont care got stock a not.) I choose got stock, because i got a car to scrap.

10. if your pocket ok, then book..5k credit card, 5k cheque. Use the credit card that has limit more than 5K and can gain u plenty of points.

11. They use two banks, UOB or May Bank 2.58% but their interest rate is higher compare to Hyundai Komoco, 2.08%

12. Credit card swipe already, they will ask you to show them statement that u clear the card, so quite troublesome, u need to go bank and pay the 5K.

13. if you book, then wait for COE come.

Thank you very much but I am a it confuse about the credit card thing you were saying.

The credit card, as its name suggests, is considered as a credit facility. It's similar to that of the car loan (if you are taking any loan).

As the maximum amount you can loan is 70%, paying the deposit through credit card will cause the "loan" amount to exceed 70%, which goes against MAS's rules.

Your SE will ask you to clear the amount you signed with your credit card and send him a photo of the receipt to prove that the amount swiped on your credit card is indeed cleared.

At least that's what happened for me. Hope the explaination helps.

• Praise 1

The credit card, as its name suggests, is considered as a credit facility. It's similar to that of the car loan (if you are taking any loan).

As the maximum amount you can loan is 70%, paying the deposit through credit card will cause the "loan" amount to exceed 70%, which goes against MAS's rules.

Your SE will ask you to clear the amount you signed with your credit card and send him a photo of the receipt to prove that the amount swiped on your credit card is indeed cleared.

Dont understand y need to show cleared.

I paid my 10k deposit with my credit card. No such proof needed. As long as the swipe goes through at cycle n carriage. They got the money.

If you dont pay the bank later. Its the bank who chases you. They won't chase cycle n carriage for money back.

Yes this is what it meant.

They need you to show prove as the remaining loan will only disburse after you collect car.

This is to prove the 5k u has clear with the bank incase of any dispute with CnC and the credit card bank.

Edited by Kelby

Yes this is what it meant.

They need you to show prove as the remaining loan will only disburse after you collect car.

This is to prove the 5k u has clear with the bank incase of any dispute with CnC and the credit card bank.

I think I know why.

This is to do with the Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR), requirement by govt, so outstanding credit card bills are added to TDSR, so for some people, might cause some to have problem getting the car loan approved, esp if loan full 70 percent.

If have enough credit, can pay for deposit using $10k in credit card, earn rebates or points. If only they willing to take more deposit via credit card.

Neutral Newbie

Thank you everyone for your advice . So how early u reccommend I book ? 3 months b4 i scrap my current vehicle which i can't trade in as its a commercial vehicle

Thank you everyone for your advice . So how early u reccommend I book ? 3 months b4 i scrap my current vehicle which i can't trade in as its a commercial vehicle

Depend on you. You can book first, but you can tell them to register later.

Important is the COE bidding...

My car due on march 2017 but I book on 25th Sept

Lead time for ex stock cars, is around 1month turn around time.

No stock car, can be 1-3 months.

Edited by Kelby
↡ Advertisement