KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Not sure if there's any active K3 group out there, but here's an update of the active Whatsapp group

Mini-Poison gathering @ Kallang Lesiure Mall yesterday [drivingcar]

wooOhoo.. Swee!

↡ Advertisement

Not sure if there's any active K3 group out there, but here's an update of the active Whatsapp group

Mini-Poison gathering @ Kallang Lesiure Mall yesterday [drivingcar]  

CRkhQq7.jpg

Currently we do not have any female members. There is a guy by the name of J*NS** is desperate for a lady member. Please pm MaoMao for the invitation!

• Praise 1

Hello, I'm new here. Planning to join the K3 family soon.

Can anybody recommend me a SE? Can PM me the name and which showroom?

Many thanks in advance.

From friends, I heard that Sam Ang from Alexandra showroom is quite good. Very patient and easy going guy. Can PM me for contact.

As a new car buyer, this is absolutely confusing to me.

Why sell me something and push me to top up $3k non stop to "secure" it?

Why sell something that you can never actually get?

I think what is more vexing is that other bro/sis did get the car at the same deal as me.

Why was I singled out?

I don't think you kena single out la. Dealer normally reserved a margin above the rebate they offered you, for example 6k. Or you can also say, they set COE rebate for you as their expected / current COE - margin..

Let's say your COE rebate is 50k, and dealer pocket 6k margin. On bidding, they will put in 56k bid for you.. (Of course for those guaranteed package, COE rebate is 4k higher, dealer also bid 4k higher for him).. If market pushed COE to 55k, both you and the guaranteed guy paid the same 55k COE, and you untung, he rugi..

But if COE end up to be 57k, like last bidding, you didn't get and he gets. If future COE is in the raise (> 57k always), your chance of 50k + 6k is very low to secure COE, and that was why dealer ask you to top up.. It is just how it worked.. Advise is, look at COE trend, and pick the package by how you think COE will move..

• Praise 1

Kar_lover, Sgbikee80, ricleosg, Forte3737, Lurpsexx, alexndrtz, all of you,

Thanks for your comments. It was really useful to understand the situation.

I guess I am not in a rush to buy since I could borrow from the rest of the family easily.

Owned 6 used cars before this. Never had to work so hard to buy a car.

It has always been price $x, haggle a bit and pay <$x, get car the next day.

What an interesting world! New car buying that is. Haha...

• Praise 1

Yo those who are interested can look for Wai Ho at Leng Kee also. Very nice and patient SE. Tried his best to accommodate to all my requests.

I initially choose pps and eurostyle as part of the deal to sign with him. After few days decided that i wanted the DVR too and texted him. He obliged without any hesitation. Also i changed colour from White to Black and to Silver and he was kind enough to accede to my requests too. Yeap after sales service was great as well. Helped me book for a service slot at C&C LK when i texted him. Nice chap!

Those interested can let me know so I can PM u his no. :)

From friends, I heard that Sam Ang from Alexandra showroom is quite good. Very patient and easy going guy. Can PM me for contact.

Yo those who are interested can look for Wai Ho at Leng Kee also. Very nice and patient SE. Tried his best to accommodate to all my requests.

I initially choose pps and eurostyle as part of the deal to sign with him. After few days decided that i wanted the DVR too and texted him. He obliged without any hesitation. Also i changed colour from White to Black and to Silver and he was kind enough to accede to my requests too. Yeap after sales service was great as well. Helped me book for a service slot at C&C LK when i texted him. Nice chap!

nice! a good SE goes a long way... a sucky one like mine - Jovis Tan also worth mentioning, so that potential buyers can siam...

K3 itself is a nice car, with a nice SE, you get a good buying and after sale experience.

Currently we do not have any female members. There is a guy by the name of J*NS** is desperate for a lady member. Please pm MaoMao for the invitation!

drwatson!! you hur... hahahaha

Guys planning to buy a k3 to join u guys but have to know if there are any problems with the car. How much did u guys pay if u guys bought an ex opc? And what kind of freebies do you guys get?

• Praise 1

Guys planning to buy a k3 to join u guys but have to know if there are any problems with the car. How much did u guys pay if u guys bought an ex opc? And what kind of freebies do you guys get?

some bros here are owner as of 2013.. they may be a better position to advise..

opc is standard $17k rebate from LTA. hence, it shd not affect profit margin of AD.

i got zero freebies as i paid for the 3-2-1 promo where all those i gotten are in, no eurostyle, no floormat, no reverse cam..

find those SE recommended here, Alvin Tham, Sam Ang or Wai Ho, all from Alexandra Showroom and you wont end up like me.. :)

• Praise 1

wow really nice SE. i asked for a 3m mat on the day i hand her the 10k. and she act blur and diverted topic hahaha

Oh ya and when i collected the car, i was given a k3 car mat. Think its 3A brand one though. Good enough though cosni didnt ask for it! Happy customer!

wow really nice SE. i asked for a 3m mat on the day i hand her the 10k. and she act blur and diverted topic hahaha

I received my k3 yesterday. Not bad at all but rem to check your car when received. My front cam was not able to on and after the tech checked they say it's the circuit board fuse blown. I also realise later that there is water stain under the headlamp. If I didnt observe it I will not be able to see it. Most likely will observe for a while and feedback during the 1k servicing.

your SE also Wai Ho? is she or he? Javier says 'he'.. you say she...

your SE also Wai Ho? is she or he? Javier says 'he'.. you say she...

Oh sorry, I'm talking about my own se which is a she. Haha. Btw Javier, the 3a car mat is a standard issue I think. Mine also came without asking hehe

Oh sorry, I'm talking about my own se which is a she. Haha. Btw Javier, the 3a car mat is a standard issue I think. Mine also came without asking hehe

Wow.. Really? I thought new K3 should have its original car mat, isn't it? So, this 3a car mat is another set, or you guys talking about that original set?

My SE also a she. Give me 3A mat on top of the standard car mat. Maybe we have the same SE.

Ask for pps, front cam, eurostyle, solar film and 3a car mat

Edited by Sgbikee80

Neutral Newbie

I collected my ex opc in 1st Oct. .gteed 95999 -17000.

Do u plan to trade - in?

↡ Advertisement