KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys! I'm new to this group.

Have been following this thread for awhile as it's interesting and very informative!  [grin]

Gotten my COE bidding last week for my Temptation Red K3 SX Sports, should be registering car by end of the month. :a-happy:

Will be holding on to my stock HU as I have decided to go for aftermarket HU.

However, I am worried that my steering wheel control may not be compatible with a 3rd party HU.

Any bros out here that changed to a 3rd party HU and is still able to use the stock steering wheel control without problem?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Yeah mine kenna poo also and resulted etching as a splatter. Smooth to touch but can see the etching.

Wandering my coating is defective. My front logo side also have rough patch around the region. All are not visible unless view from side angle. Supposing self healing as advised by agent but dun see improvement. Have to go back this weekend for inspection.

I've just rubbed off the yellow stain using the turtlewax swirl cream.. works la.. but i won't go ape over the coating, as it is not permanent.. I cover my car daily as I work in Tuas and lots of dust n smog ard.. thats the best protection for me... 

Haha i haven'waxed my car in 6 months since my 1k servicing. For those without PPS how often do you wax the car?

For those with PPS would you still wax or top up some PPS product periodically?

I've just rubbed off the yellow stain using the turtlewax swirl cream.. works la.. but i won't go ape over the coating, as it is not permanent.. I cover my car daily as I work in Tuas and lots of dust n smog ard.. thats the best protection for me...

Haha i haven'waxed my car in 6 months since my 1k servicing. For those without PPS how often do you wax the car?

think your workplace n home not so dirty la, so your car still look swee swee [thumbsup] 

eh bro, for your 1k servicing , did u bring in any of your own engine oil or other consumables for the servicing? Mine coming soon, so hope to reduce the costs... [bigcry] 

My visor on the way, so once fixed up, we can meet up again.. [drivingcar] .. you added any new "toy" in recently? 

think your workplace n home not so dirty la, so your car still look swee swee [thumbsup]

eh bro, for your 1k servicing , did u bring in any of your own engine oil or other consumables for the servicing? Mine coming soon, so hope to reduce the costs... [bigcry]

My visor on the way, so once fixed up, we can meet up again.. [drivingcar] .. you added any new "toy" in recently?

gosh.. the "bundled servicing" does not include oil?

gosh.. the "bundled servicing" does not include oil?

mine not guaranteed package.. think only hv labor, no consumables... so engine oil etc chargeable lo.... think those guaranteed hv all included...

Not all bird poo tho.. those yellow dot bird poo will sink into the paint work when dried up.. so need to immed clean off or else will leave yellow stains that permeates the PPS too... I kena 1 liao..  [furious]

I ever kanna those yellow type.. and baked for i nt sure how long? half a day. Saw the stain, use the Merguir quick detailer spray , soak a while, wipe off stain gone. As good as new

Nope. Totally no waxing at all. If smooth to the touch, why still need to wax?

I ever kanna those yellow type.. and baked for i nt sure how long? half a day. Saw the stain, use the Merguir quick detailer spray , soak a while, wipe off stain gone. As good as new

Nope. Totally no waxing at all. If smooth to the touch, why still need to wax?

Yea, the yellow bird shit hurts my paint the most too. Thought it was the wax I use, so now it looks like the factory coating that KIA uses, doesn't work well with yellow bird shit. hahaha

Yea, the yellow bird shit hurts my paint the most too. Thought it was the wax I use, so now it looks like the factory coating that KIA uses, doesn't work well with yellow bird shit. hahaha

The yellow poo will eat into any paint surface... nothing can stop it.. damn acidic.. dunno what kuku bird is this.... [crazy]  [furious]

Neutral Newbie

New to group...have been reading all the interesting posts on the K3.

Got my COE 1st bidding for Oct. for my new Forte K3 SX Sport (metal stream). Will be registering car end this month.

Any idea if C&C's Zertona Paint Protection is the same quality as the other PPS like Ceramic Pro?

Zertona protects paint color only. Does not provide scratch resistance at all, not even 5H

Hi guys! I'm new to this group.

Have been following this thread for awhile as it's interesting and very informative! [grin]

Gotten my COE bidding last week for my Temptation Red K3 SX Sports, should be registering car by end of the month. :a-happy:

Will be holding on to my stock HU as I have decided to go for aftermarket HU.

However, I am worried that my steering wheel control may not be compatible with a 3rd party HU.

Any bros out here that changed to a 3rd party HU and is still able to use the stock steering wheel control without problem?

Thanks!

Hi, I just collected my car and I asked my SE regarding this... He replied none...

Dear bro and sis,

Need the pro advice by you all.

I paid for a K3 (basic) almost 4 COE bids ago. COE then was roughly 57k.

I thought I got a decent deal but the COE bid keep failing.

Worse so now, since Cat A is only roughly 55k.

Why did the agent bid so low?

The agent told me that they were bidding at about 50-52k.

Didn't I buy the car with COE at around 57k? Are they screwing me over?

Or am I too noob to this car buying thing?

Edited by Therealdeal

Dear bro and sis,

Need the pro advice by you all.

I paid for a K3 (basic) almost 4 COE bids ago. COE then was roughly 57k.

I thought I got a decent deal but the COE bid keep failing.

Worse so now, since Cat A is only roughly 55k.

Why did the agent bid so low?

The agent told me that they were bidding at about 50-52k.

Didn't I buy the car with COE at around 57k? Are they screwing me over?

Or am I too noob to this car buying thing?

Hi, when you bought the car, shd have indicated COE rebate amount (maybe 49k). That's the bottom line they have to secure your COE. Not based on the current COE.

According to my SE, he ask his clients non-guaranteed EX to top up 3k to get the car.

I like KAI K3 very much but the terms and condition offer was not as good as Huyndai about 4 months ago.

I went for Hyundai and got 6K rebate from COE and 5K from CEVS.

I like KAI K3 very much but the terms and condition offer was not as good as Huyndai about 4 months ago.

I went for Hyundai and got 6K rebate from COE and 5K from CEVS.

mmmmm CEVS for the Hyundai Elantra? or is it another model you are talking about.

The Elantra didnt qualify for CEVS previously compared to the K3 that had the 5K CEVS rebate before July this year.

↡ Advertisement