KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Ppl buy Altis mostly go for the badge as it is renowned for reliability and fuel saving. I drive an Altis for the past 10 yrs and proven that it is a solid car though built in Thailand.

But paying $100k for such with lesser features does not feels premium to the K3 lor which resulted to go for the Kia. Kia's resale value seems to be appreciating compared to the past models.

I am quite surprised that my K3 has OMV value very near to the Altis but cost way cheaper than that. Good buy.

I also drive an Altis for 10 yrs and just scrapped. You have peace with this car. It can go on for many more years without much repair.

↡ Advertisement

With Altis not having traction control and so much locally fitted items for $110k range, really CMI. People are buying it because it is still a legendary nameplate.

Some more, the LED lights, dunno whether the levelling system works, everytime i encounter an Altis at night, they go over small undulations in the road, sure get flash flash effect in my mirrors.

i thought i was the only one experiencing this. its like a combination of flashing high beam plus colour-changing LED lights from blue to white. the first time i saw the lights i thought it was a modified msian car. then when the car went past me, it had new plates on and looked totally stock. subsequently realized most altises (plural? lol) were like that [:|]

Edited by Eighttales

after changing your car batt, then what happened bro? Solved your non cranking issue? Or was it someting else?

something else, i still encounter it occasionally, suspect to be immobiliser or smart key issue cos no cranking occur.

something else, i still encounter it occasionally, suspect to be immobiliser or smart key issue cos no cranking occur.

Oh, then I think it's better to bring it in to do a thorough check on the electrical systems to be safe.. My car batt last time the battery posts to the wire connectors was loose, so drive halfway the steering and electrical system cut off..very dangerous while the car is in motion.. I quickly went to the garage to troubleshoot and fortunately they found e reason.. Safety cannot compromise...

Just checking anyone book the EX and able to secure COE this round ?

Can share the bidding price ? (guarantee or non-guarantee package?)

Thx.

You also ex non guarantee? Did u got the coe?

With Altis not having traction control and so much locally fitted items for $110k range, really CMI. People are buying it because it is still a legendary nameplate.

Some more, the LED lights, dunno whether the levelling system works, everytime i encounter an Altis at night, they go over small undulations in the road, sure get flash flash effect in my mirrors.

Altis effective price today just $99.98k std/ $106.98k elegance... not $110k++ ..

About same price as K3 now...

Edited by danzo

You also ex non guarantee? Did u got the coe?

No, I have not book yet.

Just finding out from the bro here how was the success rate for non-guarantee package for last bidding, because the sale guy keeps selling me guarantee package as I need the car in less than 3 month time...He said that for non-guarantee package, they usually bid around 53K only (for EX model).. don't know how true is that...

Thx.

No, I have not book yet.

Just finding out from the bro here how was the success rate for non-guarantee package for last bidding, because the sale guy keeps selling me guarantee package as I need the car in less than 3 month time...He said that for non-guarantee package, they usually bid around 53K only (for EX model).. don't know how true is that...

Thx.

Ic. Mine ex, got current coe at 2nd bid. Depending on your comfort level. My 1st bid they enter is 53k.

Ic. Mine ex, got current coe at 2nd bid. Depending on your comfort level. My 1st bid they enter is 53k.

Wow got it on 2nd bid is fast for EX, Congratz! How much was your effective car price?

Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on your new ride !

hi SX owners, may i check if the 'memory seat' include memory side mirrors as well?

i tried googling, but found no answer.

nope.....

One thing I find irritating is whenever I start driving the navi keep telling me to drive carefully every now and then. Any way to permanently shut her up?

hahahhaa eurostyle? mine dont have leh.

hi SX owners, may i check if the 'memory seat' include memory side mirrors as well?

i tried googling, but found no answer.

No.. The memory feature is used for the electric seats but does not control the mirror. The manual states.

thanks lurpsexx and drwatson.

gosh... after reading all the sx vs ex.. still thinking if i should go for sx version.

If you do not wish to have the extra goodies of the SX (extra $10k difference) then the base EX is good enough. But in terms of safety, the SX has 6 airbags versus 2 in the EX.

All up to you.

$10k difference equates to approx additional $100+ in installments depends on how much u down in the first place.

Need Bros help here...

I have a xiao mi note phone, and I on the phone bluetooth and connected to the K3 SX Eurostyle HU.. on my phone i already activated the phone and media sharing liao, and after connect to the HU by bluetooth I pressed the mobile media button on the HU bluetooth screen.. But i cannot see the music list in my phone and i press the HU bluetooth play screen button also no effect.. no music no screen anything at all.. am i doing it all wrong?

↡ Advertisement