Infernal Affairs 無間道

Staff69

(edited)

Hawker representative in cleaning dispute says he is a PAP member

Published on Jul 17, 2013

7:21 PM

LINK http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...member-20130717

Ceiling exhaust pipes are seen at Kaki Bukit hawker centre at Block 511 Bedok North Street 3.

A second representative of the markets involved in the long-running hawker centre cleaning dispute has confirmed that he is a People's Action Party (PAP) member. -- ST FILE PHOTO: AZIZ HUSSIN

By Robin Chan

A second representative of the markets involved in the long-running hawker centre cleaning dispute has confirmed that he is a People's Action Party (PAP) member.

Mr Jonathan Oh, 52, who corresponded several times with the Workers' Party-run town council on behalf of the Block 511 hawkers, told The Straits Times on Wednesday that he has been serving in the Kaki Bukit ward as a PAP member for over 20 years.

"Yes, I am a member of the PAP. As a member, I see my role as helping out in the community and attending to residents' needs, as a volunteer. I also run an electronics shop next to the 511 market."

This comes a week after it emerged online that Mr Ng Kok Khim, honorary adviser and former chairman of the Block 538 Hawkers' Association, is a PAP member, as well as a member of the Citizens' Consultative

Thought Singapore quite clean one [:p]

Edited by Staff69
↡ Advertisement

soli soli, never follow this news.... so is si mi dai ji huh? cleaning hawker center can lead disputes in politics?

↡ Advertisement