Borrowing interest rates going up

Mllcg

which is the property bubble problem now. can and should borrow if do maths and tahan interest rates of up to 5% like 10 years ago interest rates.

Even if the banks wants to increase the interest rates, nitizens cannot do anything right...... [:(]

Only see whether MAS wants to give them the green light for the increase. -_-

We all LLST ... :huh:

↡ Advertisement

Even if the banks wants to increase the interest rates, nitizens cannot do anything right...... [:(]

Only see whether MAS wants to give them the green light for the increase. -_-

We all LLST ... :huh:

mas recent measure to prevent subprime like collapse is already telling banks that they can increase and they will increase. lol

for sellers, better let go if cannot tahan, take profit dont be greedy. subsale already not healthy for sellers. for buyers, better hold if can tahan to catch the greedy owners who want to hold and not cash out sooner.

my guess is even if sibor hits 4%, there will still b pple chasing property all d way up. Look at 2006-2007, so many pple still buying. If cash purchase ok, if high loan good luck.

sibor will hit 4% if US economy recover alot more than now, by then S&P500 maybe 2000 liao, but also means its close to global economy overheating. Thats wat im looking for.

Overheating is when too much money is chasing too few goods.

With so much unemployment in Europe and China economy slowing down

how to have global overheating?

:D

I have been hearing since 2009 from all the experts here

that the property marketing is going to crash.

I just wish I bought more property in 2009.

Now if property prices has increased 100%

since 2009 and crashes 30% in 2013 or 2014 or 2015,

when people buy property, do they feel they bought

at 30% lower or 70% higher?

Turbocharged

Overheating is when too much money is chasing too few goods.

With so much unemployment in Europe and China economy slowing down

how to have global overheating?

its not overheating now thats y i said sibor wont hit 4% yet, but as n when it does, better watch out

Turbocharged

I have been hearing since 2009 from all the experts here

that the property marketing is going to crash.

I just wish I bought more property in 2009.

Now if property prices has increased 100%

since 2009 and crashes 30% in 2013 or 2014 or 2015,

when people buy property, do they feel they bought

at 30% lower or 70% higher?

smart ones have bot in 2009-2010 n either taken profit or still have. Move your view further back to 1993 n look at all the highs n lows. No such thing is straight up.

(edited)

sibor dropped to 1% coz US Fed fund rate is on a ZIRP(zero interest rate policy) now, hence our banks cost of funds is close to zero thats y u get 1% floating mortgage.

D guidance is earliest 2014 before ZIRP is cancelled, finally sibor will go up. All depends on US economy. So its a matter of when, not if it will go up.

Even if rates dont go up, asset prices have more than adjusted for the low rates n basically risks r equally dangerous if u get wat i mean.

ha ha ha .. so funny.. if FED zero interest rate policy ends, what happened to their trillion debts? it will probably take 5-10 yrs.. before you see any fed zero interest rate policy changes ... First sign, US has to start to lower her debts.. QE may end in 2014.. when US econ/ job rate picks up, but interest rate nay..

it probably more likely that we see the increase in sibor and sor due to policy changes to singapore bank rate fixing and exchange rate.

Edited by ShepherdPie

Turbocharged

ha ha ha .. so funny.. if FED zero interest rate policy ends, what happened to their trillion debts? it will probably take 5-10 yrs.. before you see any fed zero interest rate policy changes ... First sign, US has to start to lower her debts.. QE may end in 2014.. when US econ/ job rate picks up, but interest rate nay..

it probably more likely that we see the increase in sibor and sor due to policy changes to singapore bank rate fixing and exchange rate.

dont b so fixated on their debt situation. they can simply raise it just like theyve been doing since 2009. plus its onshore debt which they owe themselves, so they can "never" pay it back like japan. anyway OT too much liao lol

borrowing interest rate going up.

but fixed interest rates going down.

last i checked, its 0.1%. &*(E&^@#$

By right interest rates gng up, crash is coming......

But tdy I heard radio, there's a new posb hdb loan which is fixed at 2.4 same as cpf rate for 10 yrs

Banks should be smart, so IMO I see it's still quite manageable

Not much loan, nothing to worry.....

↡ Advertisement