NS MEN WORRIED MPS FEEL LEFT OUT ON SAF DAY

Little_prince

Post date:

1 Jul 2013 - 9:09am

[This is a satire article from Newnation.sg]

Singaporean men from all walks of life who have served National Service are worried that PAP MPs Janil Puthucheary and Zainudin Nordin are feeling left out.

This is because these two PAP MPs did not serve NS and today is SAF Day, a day where men who have served NS feel somewhat proud that they did and share photos of themselves on Facebook.

One proud Singaporean son who spent two years of his life wearing leaves and eating combat ration, Kee Zho Peng, said:

↡ Advertisement

Poor thing those MPs.. Still, never too late, can always let them enjoy the bonding we had through NS, let them serve in there as storeman or clerk, since they so old already... [laugh]

Supersonic

Well, I met Janil today. Could've helped convey your sentiments if this thread had been posted earlier, and I'd read it. [laugh]

Well, I met Janil today. Could've helped convey your sentiments if this thread had been posted earlier, and I'd read it. [laugh]

Sekali Janil tell you again that he equate serving in health institution to serving NS how ? He was quoted making that statement on ST sometime back and there was a strong backlash from the male community that served. He is one of the reason why his ward lost percentages of votes during the last GE.

Post date:

Singaporean men from all walks of life who have served National Service are worried that PAP MPs Janil Puthucheary and Zainudin Nordin are feeling left out.

This is because these two PAP MPs did not serve NS and today is SAF Day, a day where men who have served NS feel somewhat proud that they did and share photos of themselves on Facebook.

One proud Singaporean son who spent two years of his life wearing leaves and eating combat ration, Kee Zho Peng, said:

Supersonic
(edited)

Sekali Janil tell you again that he equate serving in health institution to serving NS how ? He was quoted making that statement on ST sometime back and there was a strong backlash from the male community that served. He is one of the reason why his ward lost percentages of votes during the last GE.

Yes, one of the big problems that the MIW have is "foot in mouth" syndrome.

Even the old grand patriarch has this problem to some extent. But he can (mostly) get away with it because most people (rightly) fear him and won't dare to ridicule him too much. The younger generation thinks it enjoys a similar degree of immunity, but it's sadly mistaken.

Edited by Turboflat4

Even the old grand patriarch has this problem to some extent. But he can (mostly) get away with it because most people (rightly) fear him and won't dare to ridicule him too much. The younger generation thinks it enjoys a similar degree of immunity, but it's sadly mistaken.

Agreed!

A lot of the older generation respect him for what he's done. To certain extent, I do too, but sometimes the stuff he says, I don't agree with, and think that as a leader, he shouldn't have said those stuff.

As for the younger generation of leaders, yeah, don't respect them as much since they haven't done much to prove themselves yet.

Supercharged

OH, you went to see him at the MPS behind Punggol Plaza ? [;)]

Supersonic

OH, you went to see him at the MPS behind Punggol Plaza ? [;)]

What is that? [:/]

I meet him quite frequently in the course of work actually. Not a bad sort at all.

Supercharged

What is that? [:/]

I meet him quite frequently in the course of work actually. Not a bad sort at all.

MPS = Meet-The-People session, whereby MPs meet residents who have problems. It happens every Monday. Janil and Penny will swap every week between Punggol North the East MPS.

Post date:

Velly funny leh...I live in Aljunied GRC for so many years liao...never see PAP MP until erection-solly solly, ELECTION time. Very weird that they come out when 2016 is 3 years away... [grin] [grin] [grin]

Velly funny leh...I live in Aljunied GRC for so many years liao...never see PAP MP until erection-solly solly, ELECTION time. Very weird that they come out when 2016 is 3 years away... [grin] [grin] [grin]

ya lor. i stay tamp 20yrs never see my MP before.

only once when got election then the stupid kahkia come knock door commanded us to prepare for MP welcome.

my dad slam the door bo hiew [laugh]

ya lor. i stay tamp 20yrs never see my MP before.

only once when got election then the stupid kahkia come knock door commanded us to prepare for MP welcome.

my dad slam the door bo hiew [laugh]

So how ur old man? Enjoying his stay at Changi Hotel anot? [laugh]

I saw my MP few times liao..once at a neighbourhood event..

people all bz whacking buffet..then she came, the emcee announce, all bo hiew keep eating, then the helpers go around the tables to ask them stand up & greet the mp.. :D

↡ Advertisement