Accident at Woodlands car wash killed two people

Jman888

Drink driving - minimum 5 yrs suspension.

Drink driving and cause injury - suspension minimum 10 yrs, big fine minimum $50,000, jail minimum 5 years.

Drink Driving and killing people - lifetime suspension, jail minimum 10 years, fine minimum $100,000, caning minimum 10 strokes.

Totally agree. Apply to those drink driving drivers only but not those accident that caused unintentionally. But then, people will argue double standard, then how?

↡ Advertisement

Totally agree. Apply to those drink driving drivers only but not those accident that caused unintentionally. But then, people will argue double standard, then how?

those are drink driving leh dude ??

those are drink driving leh dude ??

I think Kia0042 means that there should be harsh punishment for drunk drivers / drivers who drank and drove. But those who didn't drink, and it's really accidents, shouldn't have the same penalty.

A lot of the problem drivers were drunk, so if that's eliminated, our roads will be safer.

Supercharged

this one the champion of all champion, lagi more champion than this case, take place in May 2012

did the drink driving punishment go up? BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

thanks to him that now TP is also on the crusade against speeding, even marginal cases.

Any of you that complained 3A is too easy took the test before? :huh:

Other than the tranny and clutch, everything else is the same isn't it?

I have a class 3 license, but know others who have 3A... they mentioned it's not easy too.

Does knowing how to drive a manual make one a safer driver?

IMO, problem lies in the driver's idiocy to drink and drive, not 3A license.

agree, A or no A has nothing to do with one who wants to drink and drive.

I have a class 3 license, but know others who have 3A... they mentioned it's not easy too.

(edited)

Easier la , car won't die since no clutch , one lesser concern to take care of while driving. Only accelerator and brakes , don't even need to shift gears , harder? Cannot be right?

Well since you are tested on more aspects of driving (when to shift gears , slowing down via gear shift rather than hard braking etc) as compared to driving an auto , you are likely to be a better driver if you pass as compared to backdoor class 3A drivers.

Edited by CH_CO

I think Kia0042 means that there should be harsh punishment for drunk drivers / drivers who drank and drove. But those who didn't drink, and it's really accidents, shouldn't have the same penalty.

A lot of the problem drivers were drunk, so if that's eliminated, our roads will be safer.

Yah, not all serious /fatal accident were caused by drunk drivers, some are real accident, they didn't mean to happen just like the recent Lornie Road cyclist victim, can the concrete cement driver to be blamed? Off course we cannot blame the cyclist too even she was in fault, she is dead and she shouldn't be on the road in the first place. Concrete truck is a huge heavy vehicle and we all know how narrow Lornie road is, even the driver can avoid crashing the cyclist, he may crash into the other vehicles on the right lane, or else he has to follow behind the cyclist all the way till MacRitchie Road. To a driver who didn't mean to cause an fatal accident, he/she will feel sorry for the rest of his/her life which is even worst than been punished by law. As for those drunk drivers, we often see they have past record of drink driving, they don't seems to learn so they ought to be eliminated.

Easier la , car won't die since no clutch , one lesser concern to take care of while driving. Only accelerator and brakes , don't even need to shift gears , harder? Cannot be right?

Well since you are tested on more aspects of driving (when to shift gears , slowing down via gear shift rather than hard braking etc) as compared to driving an auto , you are likely to be a better driver if you pass as compared to backdoor class 3A drivers.

I agree with you that it's easier, but it doesn't make the driver safer.

It's just like male and female drivers.. we all know female drivers most of the time CMI but they are less prone to accidents. Maybe because male drivers all think they very skill and complacent.

I agree with you that it's easier, but it doesn't make the driver safer.

It's just like male and female drivers.. we all know female drivers most of the time CMI but they are less prone to accidents. Maybe because male drivers all think they very skill and complacent.

Less prone , i disagree , just only most of the time they are being let off because they use their sex appeal to get by. I have seen kuku woman drivers smashing their doors against the side railing and continue moving up and down without realizing it.

Supercharged

Less prone , i disagree , just only most of the time they are being let off because they use their sex appeal to get by. I have seen kuku woman drivers smashing their doors against the side railing and continue moving up and down without realizing it.

women drivers' accidents are mostly borned out of poor skills than recklessness. hence, the severity of the accidents they got into tend to be lower.

however, there is also one statistical bias that car insurance underwriter and traffic police did not adequately address. male drivers would easily have spent 2 times longer driving on the road than female drivers. so in fact, if male drivers gets into accident at less than 2 times the rate of female drivers, male drivers are in fact the safer gender of driver.

They will make small mistakes esp. when parking, but they seldom cause major accidents on road. Maybe that's why their insurance usually cheaper?

Supercharged

They will make small mistakes esp. when parking, but they seldom cause major accidents on road. Maybe that's why their insurance usually cheaper?

they are usually quite bad at parallel parking and parking or moving off from irregular shaped space.

once I stopped behind a corolla driven by a lady to run some errands and left my wife waitng in the car.

when I came back my wife told me the lady didn't know how to reverse her car and smashed the rear lamp housing of her car against a concrete wall when she tried to move off with a slight reverse. don't know whether to pity her

I have even witness hit and run from female drivers parking and given the number to the victim for him to claim against her.

Say they safer I beg to differ , they don't get involved in major accidents involving death , maybe and maybe not . I still remember a female elite which knocked down and killed an old lady not long ago , drink driving if I am not wrong.

Yah, not all serious /fatal accident were caused by drunk drivers, some are real accident, they didn't mean to happen just like the recent Lornie Road cyclist victim, can the concrete cement driver to be blamed? Off course we cannot blame the cyclist too even she was in fault, she is dead and she shouldn't be on the road in the first place. Concrete truck is a huge heavy vehicle and we all know how narrow Lornie road is, even the driver can avoid crashing the cyclist, he may crash into the other vehicles on the right lane, or else he has to follow behind the cyclist all the way till MacRitchie Road. To a driver who didn't mean to cause an fatal accident, he/she will feel sorry for the rest of his/her life which is even worst than been punished by law. As for those drunk drivers, we often see they have past record of drink driving, they don't seems to learn so they ought to be eliminated.

Ya, if is not drunk driving / reckless driving, sometimes is just suay suay accident one. Got blame, but still, it's not on purpose, and I believe the driver also no intention to cause accident. Still, punishment is in order, but not to the extent of drink drivers. Those who drink and drive already know that it's a matter of time before they cause an accident. If wanna go drink, either cab there, or car pool with a non alcoholic drinker.

Tell him to stand infront of his suv and let the victim's family step on the gas and bang him lor , then fair. Else that 8 words is as good as crap.

Sometime you sound like a modern confucianist in writing good sense and using proper words reasonably, your above sentence discounted it all with naive mentality just like small boys & girls at play.

The jurisdiction course is too lenience without deterent effects and is obviously at fault, rather to conclude in revengeful mindset by saying the bad SUV driver must be kill by the 2 decease family member accordingly, regardless of any scheme murdering evidence exploration.

Kindly explains what is "Crap of the 8 words" and indicate unreasoning appropriately.

↡ Advertisement