Accident at Woodlands car wash killed two people

Jman888

Hypersonic

I think drink drivers should be given life time driving ban if they are caught, regardless of accident or not.

(edited)

Ban for life and caning plus confiscate vehicle on conditional basis until he pays up for damages for drink drivers on the minimum , if accident even harsher punishments , something goes wrong both the 18 yr old and 5 yr old would die , imagine thats your daughter or sister , it can happen to anyone.

Edited by CH_CO

ban for life and caning plus and confiscate vehicle on conditional basis until he pays up for damages , something goes wrong both the 18 yr old and 5 yr old would die

I agree. Lifetime license gantong and a 1 month stay at Changi Chalet. If is accident then chut the cane.

(edited)

ban for life and caning plus and confiscate vehicle on conditional basis until he pays up for damages for drink drivers on the minimum , if accident even harsher punishments , something goes wrong both the 18 yr old and 5 yr old would die

It's a miracle the 18-year old survived as she went beneath the car!

Edited by Toothiewabbit

(edited)

I just had many Beers and Martels in a KARAOKE with business associates and drove myself home to answer your thread under perfect self-control.

Did I kill anybody on my way home ? I'm certain with my tolerable drinking limitaions that had be carefully considered within myself to be safe to others as well as myself.

LOOK HERE ! I does not agreed with "Drink & Driving at all, it's dangerous to others and the driver" But A ACCIDENT IS REALLY A UNCALL-FOR FATAL ACCIDENT ???

You had just shown your bad mouth flipping your tonque again and again, how you know I'm drunk ? how you know I'm not driven home ?

Here , we have one here which thinks otherwise. Am i going personal ? No , i am citing how drivers think under influence of alcohol , this fellow can't even remember what he said , what makes you think one can practice perfect judgement??

Edited by CH_CO

(edited)

I ask a simple question , acts of vandalism as mentioned by donut has a harsher punishment than drink driving. What can vandalism do?? Kill someone??

It is an offence under the Act to commit any act of vandalism, attempt to do any such act, or cause any such act to be done. Upon conviction, the penalty is a fine not exceeding S$2,000 or imprisonment not exceeding three years, and also corporal punishment of not less than three strokes and not more than eight strokes of the cane.

The penalty of drink driving in Singapore is as follow :

1st offence - Fine of between $1,000 and $5,000 or up to 6 months imprisonment <- can kill one here

2nd offence - Fine of between $3,000 and $10,000 and up to 12 months of imprisonment <- kill another here??

3rd and subsequent offence - Fine of up to $30,000 and up to 3 years of imprisonment. <- 3rd time killing?

Seriously our minister are taking millions for this kind of joke? Just think la anyone that can afford a car currently cannot pay 30K ?? What kind of deterrence is this?? If they wanna remove drink driving then just permanently ban after first time caught. If one values his license , he will not drink and drive simple as that.

Thats why i am saying if i am an angry person or teen , i would rather drink myself silly and bang in to people than to draw on the wall. Since i am probably gonna recieve a worse punishment only on my 3rd try.

Edited by CH_CO

Hypersonic

I do seriously agree that the punishment for drink driving sld be higher..........ban for life and canning if possible...........i also agree that nobody can pass good judgement under the influence of alcohol..........we always think we can but in actual fact we cannot...... [:(] [:(] [:(]

The canning part is a damn good punishment for these idiots.

Max 24 strokes will do nicely. [nod]

Ban for life and caning plus confiscate vehicle on conditional basis until he pays up for damages for drink drivers on the minimum , if accident even harsher punishments , something goes wrong both the 18 yr old and 5 yr old would die , imagine thats your daughter or sister , it can happen to anyone.

Spare the rod , spoil the child .

2 stroke of cane on his lanpah.

confirm forever remember this lesson [laugh]

I fully agree our drink driving penalties are not good enough

there are still many people doing it

it should include automatic jail time even for 1st timers

wtf, the guys that had sex with a professional prostitute who lied about her age ALL went to jail - no one was physically hurt, no one was coerced, both side willing buyer/seller

but if you drink drive (and risk killing someone), it is just a fine

it should be something like:

1st time - up to 1 month jail

2nd time - up to 6 months jail and cane

3rd time - up to 4 yrs jail and cane

see who will still drink and drive after that