Yesterday hail storm destroy any cars

Dark_flan

Turbocharged

SG is not running on auto-pilot mode..need feedback from the public to report on everything..NEA and the other relevant authorities may be running on minimal manpower and thus unable to attend to every single incident

ok, I have sent an email to my HDB estate Town Council to ask why the effort to restore the environment to normalcy is taking so long. And how long they plan to do it.

Not possible, they don't know....i am concerned that SG seems weak in responding to a relatively mild storm in world standards.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)

ok, I have sent an email to my HDB estate Town Council to ask why the effort to restore the environment to normalcy is taking so long. And how long they plan to do it.

Not possible, they don't know....i am concerned that SG seems weak in responding to a relatively mild storm in world standards.

Ok ask you a question. If you everyday take route A and just nice happen to saw some debris on the road a section of the road. Than 2 days has passed and the debris is still there. Most people would think relevant agencies never do their job right?

But, the route A you take maybe only occupy less than 10% of whole SG road and the section of road cover with debris maybe less than 1% of whole sg road . So how should relevant agencies know there is debris in every part of singapore with limited manpower? That's when public feedback comes into play. Assuming everyone like you, see the debris thinking relevant agencies will know la, and will need to come clear the road, but without public feedback, it may take sometime for them to realise there is debris.

So maybe just nice everyone that take the route did not feedback where is the debris. So cannot fully blame the relevant agencies in-charge than. If public already feedback, than it is their fault for not doing the job well.

Edited by Yewheng

Turbocharged

Hope you don't mistaken debris to mean a small pile. I am just looking at 3-4 blocks of HDB surround where I live. At least 8 trees were damaged by the storm. Not uprooted but big branches broke off. Some of the debris have been cut with chain saw and collected into piles for removal. But many, after 2 days are as it was since the storm struck (nothing done). No safety concern but messy looking.

I would not be wrong to say it is something like a cash strapped country.....unable to clean up effciently. Like I say, this is just a mild storm in world standards and it just affected some areas in western SG. If relatively small things take long to deal, then big things how? That's the concern.

I'm someone that like feedback to the authority... for road debris... I call LTA.... for environment maintenance.. I call town council... usually... they will act on it...else feedback escalate to MPs or ministry...

Turbocharged

reply from TC:

Dear resident,

We refer to your email below.

Pertaining to the fallen branches at the estate, our horticulture contractor are in the midst of clearing up the snapped branches and uprooted trees. As most of Jurong East and Bukit Batok estates were affected, the contractor will take some time to clear the damaged trees.

We have informed them to expedite.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any further enquiries, please do email us or call our town council office at 6561 2222.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hope you don't mistaken debris to mean a small pile. I am just looking at 3-4 blocks of HDB surround where I live. At least 8 trees were damaged by the storm. Not uprooted but big branches broke off. Some of the debris have been cut with chain saw and collected into piles for removal. But many, after 2 days are as it was since the storm struck (nothing done). No safety concern but messy looking.

I would not be wrong to say it is something like a cash strapped country.....unable to clean up effciently. Like I say, this is just a mild storm in world standards and it just affected some areas in western SG. If relatively small things take long to deal, then big things how? That's the concern.

Just eyesore only lah. Everywhere lack of manpower and resources need to be prioritized. At least they have cut away the snap branches and put them nicely in a pile waiting to be collected and cleared. The piles can be there for months to rot and become fertilizer also no harm as long as it does not cause safety hazard. If really big big things happen like Hotel New World, Cable cars drop, Nicoll Highway collapsed, Sars, Economic crisis, recessions, etc the respond of course will be different.

↡ Advertisement