Supermarket Trolley Fatal Accident

2BDriver

Twincharged

Wtf the speed!!! Trolley lup turbo [:(]

Although the gradient is not very steep and distance is not very long, but the speed is very fast. WTF. [:(]

↡ Advertisement

To be fair, they have big land & bigger population, so fluency of accidents are statistically higher.

(Not direct to anyone in particular)

I just hope this doesn't turn to another round of foreigner bashing, like every time there is a thread of some unfortunate incident in some foreign countries.

Key thing to take from this thread is to be careful, even simple thing like trolley can be a fatal weapon if misuse. Cheers.

[thumbsup] Well said!

I have encountered a faulty trolley before at City Square mall. My NTUC trolley does not lock itself along the travellator. Luckily, I have a habit of holding on to the trolley regardless of whether it locks in place or not.

I have the same habit, coz some trolley doesn't lock properly. But this, from behind, also very hard to avoid. Pity the lady who got hit.

I have encountered a faulty trolley before at City Square mall. My NTUC trolley does not lock itself along the travellator. Luckily, I have a habit of holding on to the trolley regardless of whether it locks in place or not.

u mean u use trolley all the way to the car park?

To be fair, they have big land & bigger population, so fluency of accidents are statistically higher.

I just hope this doesn't turn to another round of foreigner bashing, like every time there is a thread of some unfortunate incident in some foreign countries.

Key thing to take from this thread is to be careful, even simple thing like trolley can be a fatal weapon if misuse. Cheers.

I believe it's more about culture and attitude.

Turbocharged

The trollet in the video is not even a normal trolley used by shoppers. More like a cargo trolley for moving heavy loads. And the speed it was going is so damn fast!!! :o

Twincharged

Did you kill anyone?

Nope. Just cracked the door of those freezer they used for displaying ice-cream only.

China really is always coming up with wtf accidents

I witnessed similar incident at Sembawang SC, but it was an old lady on a wheelchair. The poor maid can't hold the wheelchair firmly, both of them 'zoom' down the elevator damn fast. When reaching floor level, the maid fell flat facing down, the wheelchair fell back and old lady's bachhead hit the ground real hard. I pity that old lady.

Turbocharged
(edited)

correct

and the media seems to focus on them in recent years

so any number of bad things (accidents, uncivilised stuffs, etc) get magnified easily

similar to the constant reporting of crimes in JB

Edited by Scion

WTF :ph34r: Look like the trolley not belongs to the mall/market.

I am always holding the trolley whether it lock or not on escalator.

correct

and the media seems to focus on them in recent years

so any number of bad things (accidents, uncivilised stuffs, etc) get magnified easily

similar to the constant reporting of crimes in JB

True. The media does focus on such incidents because it is more "sensational" and such stories will either sell their papers or lead more viewers to tune in to their news programmes.

Then again, there seems to be more mainland companies cutting corners with manufacturing, and it could be the reason that more incidents happen too. Just be careful no matter where we are, and look out around us.

This news can be found in China...

The mishap happened like this.... 3 man was using their own trolley... not provided by mall where there are groove on the wheel.

They were stop by the security guard, as they are not allow to use there own trolley... what I saw on the China news, the trolley is those type where normal delivery man use type.

they did not care and force their way to the mall... and they use the trolley to buy bottles drink... which total 150kg...

as they reached the travallator, the guy who push trolley said cannot hold the weight, as it is sloping... slip hand and it speed down and hit the 66 year old lady and died on the spot...

Turbocharged

The mishap happened like this.... 3 man was using their own trolley... not provided by mall where there are groove on the wheel.

They were stop by the security guard, as they are not allow to use there own trolley... what I saw on the China news, the trolley is those type where normal delivery man use type.

they did not care and force their way to the mall... and they use the trolley to buy bottles drink... which total 150kg...

as they reached the travallator, the guy who push trolley said cannot hold the weight, as it is sloping... slip hand and it speed down and hit the 66 year old lady and died on the spot...

Hang those morons. They don't deserve to breath ....

(edited)

150kg's of weight on rolling wheels to smash onto a person in high impact is real wrecking dead weight [dead]

RIP to the poor old lady [smallcry]

Edited by Fongmy

Turbocharged

I witnessed similar incident at Sembawang SC, but it was an old lady on a wheelchair. The poor maid can't hold the wheelchair firmly, both of them 'zoom' down the elevator damn fast. When reaching floor level, the maid fell flat facing down, the wheelchair fell back and old lady's bachhead hit the ground real hard. I pity that old lady.

wheelchair got brakes right?

Turbocharged

no wonder... stupidity no cure [whip]

That why there are lift for wheel chairs and pram.

These type of travellators are only meant for specific trolley.

↡ Advertisement