Supermarket Trolley Fatal Accident

2BDriver

In China Shanghai, a old lady was killed by a run loose trolley at the bottom end of the escalator.

Very often at NTUC, I'm seeing danger with parent allowing their young childs to handle heavily loaded trolley at supermarkets escalator, please share this mishap episode with friends and relatives to avoid injury or even death.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

In China Shanghai, a old lady was killed by a run loose trolley at the bottom end of the escalator.

Very often at NTUC, I'm seeing danger with parent allowing their young childs to handle heavily loaded trolley at supermarkets escalator, please share this mishap episode with friends and relatives to avoid injury or even death.

how is this even possible if the trolley has the brakes that sits into the travellator's grooves? unless the trolley is faulty

Hypersonic

I noticed the trolleys here have magnets at the wheel to lock it to the escalator and prevent it from rolling down. Correct me if I am wrong.

Unlikely to have this scenario.

(edited)

The trolley that hits her is those carrying goods?

It's without the red tag & the height differences of the 2.

post-61679-1371910437_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vhtfhwlego

I noticed the trolleys here have magnets at the wheel to lock it to the escalator and prevent it from rolling down. Correct me if I am wrong.

Bro, Boleh land Giant and Tesco trolleys are quality hopeless [:(]

Look like very heavyload judging from the speed. Anyway not all escalator have the grove to stop trolley from moving or those airport trolley with brake system on it.

Not magnets, but rubber brakes

China really is always coming up with wtf accidents

To be fair, they have big land & bigger population, so fluency of accidents are statistically higher.

(Not direct to anyone in particular)

I just hope this doesn't turn to another round of foreigner bashing, like every time there is a thread of some unfortunate incident in some foreign countries.

Key thing to take from this thread is to be careful, even simple thing like trolley can be a fatal weapon if misuse. Cheers.

Twincharged

Similar thing happened to me before. The trolley I took did not get locked. I think the wheels got worn out. The trolley just rolled down without stopping.

Hypersonic

To be fair, they have big land & bigger population, so fluency of accidents are statistically higher.

I just hope this doesn't turn to another round of foreigner bashing, like every time there is a thread of some unfortunate incident in some foreign countries.

Key thing to take from this thread is to be careful, even simple thing like trolley can be a fatal weapon if misuse. Cheers.

Well said

(edited)

The onus is on the shopper handling that trolley.

Just like the stone skipping on the surface of water, even if the brakes shoe of the trolley is in good condition but didn't sit in properly in the track, it will just skip on the surface of the escalator and continue to roll.

That man could be keeping his wallet while momentarily releasing the grip of the trolley.

Edited by Atonchia

I have encountered a faulty trolley before at City Square mall. My NTUC trolley does not lock itself along the travellator. Luckily, I have a habit of holding on to the trolley regardless of whether it locks in place or not.

Similar thing happened to me before. The trolley I took did not get locked. I think the wheels got worn out. The trolley just rolled down without stopping.

Did you kill anyone?