True Story of a ex SAF regular

Little_prince

Hypersonic

I think this is how you know he's full of b-------t. So what did he put in his CV? What did he tell the interviewers during the interview?

"Sorry, if I told you what I did... I'd have to kill you". Would anyone give him a job?

Well, not sure if his appointment was really classified but I do have a friend whose vocation is classified. He cannot tell anyone what he does in camp. Even so, I'm sure he can mention something broad, as long as not going into detail what he did.

↡ Advertisement

Seriously most Regulars i know take up Diploma or degree course as a form of back up, Those scholar up there like to flip prata on policies with their innovative initiatives. So if No qualification &/or Good relations from senior mgmt, ones is risking his contract not being renew.

Well, not sure if his appointment was really classified but I do have a friend whose vocation is classified. He cannot tell anyone what he does in camp. Even so, I'm sure he can mention something broad, as long as not going into detail what he did.

But i thought they usually given 'dummy' appointment as cover ?

He no bull sh!t. There are some appointments that are until now classified. I also cant tell u what these are. Yes, me also from the navy and sailed onboard MCV for 5 freaking yrs out of my 6 yrs contract!!! I refused to sign on so they refuse to post me to shorebased appointments. So I left.

The countries and ports he mentioned were the same ones I sailed to on the MCV too. So I know his story is real. I also know of ppl who are like him, just sign on and hope for the best. And I know of ppl who sign on as O level and made use of navy scholarships to upgrade themselves. One living example :

- from Boy's Town Secondary

- sign on after O level.

- sailed a few yrs.

- got into diploma under scholarship.

- navy ask who want to go France for new frigate, raise hand.

- now chief engineer in one of the frigate.

During his time, there were so many upgrade opportunities, esp when he was on the MCV. Those from MCV will know, that time MCV was an elite sqn. All good stuff goes to MCV personnel, be it performance bonus, ranking, posting, etc..... During his time, there were chances to go Sweden for submarine course, go France for Frigate course or go back poly. He dont grab them, he blame the navy???? <_<

Agreed, life is about proper planning and grab hold of opportunities.

Hypersonic

But i thought they usually given 'dummy' appointment as cover ?

My friend just said he is a civil servant. Nothing else. That's probably the best answer. His unit is very special. His rank is now equivalent to SSG or MSG but he's still the lowest rank there. His intake more than 10 years ago was the last intake. :huh: That's all I know

I dont know this guy. But I know someone of the same classified appointment as him. He is a gambler. We sailed to Darwin, Australia. Within the first night, lost $7k in MGM. [rolleyes] Never contact after I left the RSN. Every CNY, sure to invite mates to his home for gambling session. Also same vocation as tis guy, my senior, also gambler. Owe lots of mates money until SAF with held his gratuity to pay off everyone.

Another one, same vocation as me. From O level till chief engineer of one of the patrol vessel. He went to quarrel with Sqn CO abt his ranking. Threaten CO, he quit if never promote him. CO told him go ahead. Now taxi driver, still O level only. His marriage also shotgun type, ask my fren go together with him to tok to FIL, cause he scared after making the daughter stomach big big. [laugh]

Lots of stories lah. All true blue Singaporean story hor. No FT story. [laugh]

Think at least this guy may still have chance because at least he is responsible enough for the family commitment. [laugh]

hmmmmm............. somewhere got offer $3000 for dishwashing job ... [sly]

wonder still got vacancy ... [lipsrsealed]

cant beat driving taxi and make over 8k a month.

I think I sang tis song before. But dont remember the lyrics liao. More familiar with the Onwards and Upwards song. Always remember the bayi. Shouting n shouting. Using the stick to poke ur backside n ask u sing louder!!! [laugh]

Don't remember the lyrics too, coz didn't go learn it, just open mouth pretend.

Stupid bayi, I kena poke by his pacestick before. "Louder, swing your arms, swing your arms." Haha.. Don't know he still there anot, heard he henta kaki there since long time ago.

cant beat driving taxi and make over 8k a month.

TO be honest, if driving taxi can earn 8K, i also jump in liao la...

No one can even earn that much even drive 24 hours per day and 30/31 a month la....

Driving a taxi is a decent job it will fill your stomach but you will never be full but at least you won't starve. This is one of a few truly Singaporean job.

TO be honest, if driving taxi can earn 8K, i also jump in liao la...

No one can even earn that much even drive 24 hours per day and 30/31 a month la....

Driving a taxi is a decent job it will fill your stomach but you will never be full but at least you won't starve. This is one of a few truly Singaporean job.

In a couple of years times, you still think it is a Singaporean Job.... [sweatdrop]

It will also over run by FT as when they stays longer in SG and knowing our roads better, they will become taxi drivers too .... [sly]

(edited)

In a couple of years times, you still think it is a Singaporean Job.... [sweatdrop]

It will also over run by FT as when they stays longer in SG and knowing our roads better, they will become taxi drivers too .... [sly]

Our government may be naive, I do not think that they are that stupid enough to make such a politically suicide move.

They simply cannot afford to lose the votes from these group of taxi drivers as the opposition is gaining ground.

Edited by Turret

Our government may be naive, I do not think that they are that stupid enough to make such a politically suicide move.

They simply cannot afford to lose the votes from these group of taxi drivers as the opposition is gaining ground.

just wait and see ... -_-

just in front of my block, there are constructions going on by HDB for 'Studio Apartment'. Standing at the window watching them, those excavator's drivers are bangala. This are used to be SG or MY driving them.... [sweatdrop]

Mr Khaw had said that crane operators could earn up to $7000/- a month, you think they (FW) won't flock to it ... [sly]

just wait and see ... -_-

just in front of my block, there are constructions going on by HDB for 'Studio Apartment'. Standing at the window watching them, those excavator's drivers are bangala. This are used to be SG or MY driving them.... [sweatdrop]

Mr Khaw had said that crane operators could earn up to $7000/- a month, you think they (FW) won't flock to it ... [sly]

already more than 50% by FW liao, if no one wants to work soon become 100% -_-

already more than 50% by FW liao, if no one wants to work soon become 100% -_-

Yep, a lot of old Msian's jobs also kena taken by other FTs, don't say Singaporean jobs. As long as the employer can train an FT and pay him lesser (including levies and all) than a Singaporean / Malaysian, they will lor..

IIRC, there was a period when the taxi companies were lobbying to open the taxi driving market to foreigners. That was in the era when taxi fares were cheap and booming employment market where taxi companies were having difficulty recruiting drivers.

There was a time I was rather envious of signed-on regulars, because it is a recession proof job, as long as you are still in the contract. But nowadays it seems they get more a more selective on contract renewal, so many ex-regulars end up with nothing much more than good memories.

Anyway we all got our struggles, and I was not much better off than this regular when I was in my 30's. Things only got better after being married a few years and now in my mid-40s. Whatever it is, 天无绝人之路, as long as you preserver, anybody can somehow can make it, with or without paper qualifications.

NMNHNBLM.

screw the regulars la. what SAF taught them are basically useless outside corporate environment.

Cannot be meh. Then why ex-SAF senior officers regularly got posted to key position in government sectors?

↡ Advertisement