UOB CC no longer eligible further discount (Shell)

Dark_flan

bro 9 jun or 9 july?

9 Jun can start using the Citibank card liao.

UOB card concurrent till 30 Jun.

Neutral Newbie

always pump at Esso using Citi cc, was thinking to apply UOB cc just for Shell petrol. now save me hazel to apply. cheers

Wondering why UOB withdraw from Shell. So now their cards support where?

I think should be the other way round, Shell dropped UOB! The discount for UOB pales in comparison to DBS/POSB (Esso/Mobil and SPC) and Citibank (Esso/Mobil).

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

For citibank dividend, make sure the transaction is >$50 to get the 5% dividend rebate, therefore i will pump around $65 so that after discount will be $50.

The dividend $ must hit $50 before you can redeem, I will prefer those that can offset the bill immediately at the end of each month (similar to maybank and cimb)

also, take note of this T&C from citibank :

Dollars accumulated during any 12 month period commencing from the date of issue of a card or date of renewal of a card account (as the case may be) have a validity period of 15 months from such commencement date and shall thereafter be automatically cancelled

In summary, any dividend that you earned within 12 mths period will be credited once you hit $50. However once your card reach 15 mths, your dividend will be reset to 0! For my usage, i can hit around $50 dividend every 3-4 mths, there was once i accumulated until $47 dividend at 15mths, and all my dividend $ reset back to 0!

In the end i got to call in and make noise before they willing to re-instate my dividend.

to avoid this, you may have to stop using dividend card once citibank credit the rebate amount to your account, when you are approaching the 15mths cycle

Edited by GPunto

For citibank dividend, make sure the transaction is >$50 to get the 5% dividend rebate, therefore i will pump around $65 so that after discount will be $50.

The dividend $ must hit $50 before you can redeem, I will prefer those that can offset the bill immediately at the end of each month (similar to maybank and cimb)

also, take note of this T&C from citibank :

Dollars accumulated during any 12 month period commencing from the date of issue of a card or date of renewal of a card account (as the case may be) have a validity period of 15 months from such commencement date and shall thereafter be automatically cancelled

In summary, any dividend that you earned within 12 mths period will be credited once you hit $50. However once your card reach 15 mths, your dividend will be reset to 0! For my usage, i can hit around $50 dividend every 3-4 mths, there was once i accumulated until $47 dividend at 15mths, and all my dividend $ reset back to 0!

In the end i got to call in and make noise before they willing to re-instate my dividend.

to avoid this, you may have to stop using dividend card once citibank credit the rebate amount to your account, when you are approaching the 15mths cycle

I always pump 60 dollars so after discount is S$51.6. Just nice. Lol

Turbocharged

credit card discount always favour the high end card.

they should standardise 1 type of discount for cards from the same bank.

Turbocharged

credit card discount always favour the high end card.

they should standardise 1 type of discount for cards from the same bank.

hsbc shell

but for this one.. their visa infinite gives lower discount than their premier card

Neutral Newbie

UOB visa infinite cannot waive annual fee... [bigcry]

A credit card that does not allow waiving of annual fee or even late charge has no place in my wallet.

There are plenty of choices out there.

You should put this across to UOB [cool]

UOB visa infinite cannot waive annual fee... [bigcry]

This card by invitation only of course they will make you pay for the exclusivity....

Who in the right mind pays annual fee.. The discount given is not even the price the annual fee unless a big spender.

I ever paid once but it's $20+ for a $500 card since I have no income that time :)