Wheel Rim center Bore - can rebore?

King

Anyone know any workshop that can do the centre bore?

Thank you,

↡ Advertisement

Thank you,

Its not a easy job...need to be precises...else your rims can throw away once its out.

Neutral Newbie

Thank you,

Of cos you can.

What size to what size ????

I know a shop that can do it but he is not available until end of this month.

In Toa Payoh?

Of cos you can.

What size to what size ????

I know a shop that can do it but he is not available until end of this month.

Thank you,

yes you can do it

First you have to remove the tyre out and bring to the machine shop tell them how big the hole you want

Do note the they only follow your instruction and No guaranty you can fit into your car.

1 borther mentioned onve the hole size out you got to throw away your rim.

yes you can do it

First you have to remove the tyre out and bring to the machine shop tell them how big the hole you want

Do note the they only follow your instruction and No guaranty you can fit into your car.

1 borther mentioned onve the hole size out you got to throw away your rim.

If you give the machine shop correct hole size , they a quite accurate .

most cases the rim has to throw away is hole size given are wrong (too big or too small )

To install some kinda logo?

Center bore do not have to be precise coz there's little use for it. What matters for the rims are the correct PCD of the bolt holes and the offset.

Any workshop whose machines are big enough to accomodate the size of the rims can do it. But you have to remove the tires first. Hence you have to find a tireshop and a machining workshop within the same area.

the centre bore size is very important leh, the rim is suppose to rest inside the wheel hub. if the centre bore of your rim is too big, it become your rim is support by only the 4/5 /6 screws or bots.

that y sport rim alway need to put the centre bore ring inside to cover up the excess spare,

failure to do so might result in virbrating of wheel and transmite to your steering wheel.

in the worst case it might recult in your bot bended 1 side.

when u mention u want to rebore the rim, my guess is properly your rim is the same pcd with your car, but the rim centre bore is too small and cannot fit into your car hub.

machine shop can do the rebore for u, but very hard, cos very hard to clamp the rim,

an alternatve method is to use a hand grinder and manual grind the rim to make the centre bore size bigger, ( if only smaller by 1 mm-2mm )

the centre bore size is very important leh, the rim is suppose to rest inside the wheel hub. if the centre bore of your rim is too big, it become your rim is support by only the 4/5 /6 screws or bots.

that y sport rim alway need to put the centre bore ring inside to cover up the excess spare,

failure to do so might result in virbrating of wheel and transmite to your steering wheel.

when u mention u want to rebore the rim, my guess is properly your rim is the same pcd with your car, but the rim centre bore is too small and cannot fit into your car hub.

machine shop can do the rebore for u, but very hard, cos very hard to clamp the rim,

an alternatve method is to use a hand grinder and manual grind the rim to make the centre bore size bigger, ( if only smaller by 1 mm-2mm )

centre bore(hole) is important(technically) ( i think they are still some car running without properly sit centre bore rim without any issue

for those vibration without proper bore knows the problem.

Not all machine shop can rebore because of the machine clamping.

those can do one sure no problem if you give them the correct number (bore diameter)

BY using hand job i strongly against it because your bore wont be perfect circle [rifle]

Center bore do not have to be precise coz there's little use for it. What matters for the rims are the correct PCD of the bolt holes and the offset.

Any workshop whose machines are big enough to accomodate the size of the rims can do it. But you have to remove the tires first. Hence you have to find a tireshop and a machining workshop within the same area.

Center bore hole is VERY IMPORTANT. Read e 2 posts above.

Wheel sud rest on it n not e 4-5 studs. Studs r not strong enough to support e weight of e car.

Yes you're right. I originally wanted to get a set of Lexus rims for my ride, until I found out that the centre bore diameter of the Lexus rims are smaller than my wheel hub. So had to give up the idea.

You are very wrong here.

↡ Advertisement