Reliability of 7-GTronics

Siewss

huh? I thought Mercedes 4matic is AWD....its Mercedes version of Quottro in Audi???

I don't think they produce 4 speed gearbox la...lol

My W212 though 4matic, is still running strong. Then again, 4 speed is too rough.

About 80k km.

Anyway, soon after he got the gearbox fixed, his aircon went kaput.

So it looks like the newer Merc hv several reliability issues or cud b yr fren got a LEMON?

My W212 though 4matic, is still running strong. Then again, 4 speed is too rough.

Sometimes old low tech is better than new high tech. [nod]

S'pore traffic too many stop & go,high stress on gearbox,in Germany,these gearbox can easily last 200kkm.

Also most of the mechanics in Germany r much much better than the clowns we have in SG. [mad]

not all auto GB built the same.what is there to svc auto GB every 20k km?

Drain n fill fresh ATF is good every 20-30k km fr an autobox.

(edited)

Drain n fill fresh ATF is good every 20-30k km fr an autobox.

The problem is, many ang moh chias still think their GB damn good, ATF sealed for lifetime; no need to change ATF. Most Ang Moh Chias tor kor will just simply refuse to change ATF for you even if you beg them to. You go outside w/s, dunno what mickey mouse ATF they will use (use CVT ATF on torque convertor GB and vice versa, and so on.... Some even put engine oil [bigcry]

Edited by Kangadrool

Twincharged

The problem is, many ang moh chias still think their GB damn good, ATF sealed for lifetime; no need to change ATF. Most Ang Moh Chias tor kor will just simply refuse to change ATF for you even if you beg them to. You go outside w/s, dunno what mickey mouse ATF they will use (use CVT ATF on torque convertor GB and vice versa, and so on.... Some even put engine oil [bigcry]

Nope,C&C[Mercedes Benz] does change ATF for you if you ask them to do so,but you don't 'cowbay'[make noise] for the costs.

Ya last time BMW also autobox was sealed n cannot service. If old u just overhaul.

The reason is manufacturer scared some ws anyhow put wrong atf n damage the autobox. They factory fill with good synthetic atf n it might even last fr 10 yrs till scrap.

But the problem is sometimes the autobox is stressed too much n it wil fail prematurely. Now ang mo car also can change atf in the autobox.

Mine is korean made and sealed too. Drove for 50k and gear becomes slightly jerky. Change the ATF (only partial instead of full as can drain partial only) and then it went away. Now at 80km, feel a bit jerky again. Probably need to change again.

I consider Singapore roads as "severe condition" due to jams everwhere for large % of regular drivers.

(edited)

Back to this 7gtronic plus, it's world apart from the 5 speed and it's a gem to drive. The car accelerates smooth and fast with this 7 speed. Take the 7gtronic plus if you are looking for a Mercedes-Benz.

Any bros have idea when the 7gtronics plus was introduce to replace the 7gtronics? TIA

Edited by Ozrims

Twincharged

Any bros have idea when the 7gtronics plus was introduce to replace the 7gtronics? TIA

I test drove the AMG A45. the change was slow and sometimes the car was unsure.

Probably need a gearbox reboot of sort. But its quite indecisive 

↡ Advertisement