SAF suspends hand grenade throwing

Youth92

SAF shld sue the parents for raising a gan jiong kid....

Countless recruits had gone through the live firing training.

Accidents do happen. This is just a statistical game.

For this case, both PC and recruit are alive - Kudo to the PC.

Those who has not done NS, try this guide from Mindef.

Recruits with sweating palm and super blur ones, please DO NOT do this!

Hand grenade training

http://iprep.ns.sg/hand-grenade-training.html

(edited)

Like that how to go to war? Sillypore should consider hire the Pinoy militants.

Are u Singaporean? if not f..k off

He is a recruit under training, no one is a born soldier

Edited by GoodCar

Like that how to go to war? Sillypore should consider hire the Pinoy militants.

Different between these 2 is one is constantly at war while another ensure war does not come to Singapore for last 45 years.

So tell me which one is more successful in ensuring their people's safety and security?

Countless recruits had gone through the live firing training.

Accidents do happen. This is just a statistical game.

For this case, both PC and recruit are alive - Kudo to the PC.

Those who has not done NS, try this guide from Mindef.

Recruits with sweating palm and super blur ones, please DO NOT do this!

Hand grenade training

http://iprep.ns.sg/hand-grenade-training.html

Recruits too good life...

The 2LTA got injured becos of parents who complain.

If the recruit is shacked enough, wont hv the additional feeling of fear...

Now you are speaking right [:)]

(edited)

Not really.

It is actually the slow build up of anxiety as you wait for your turn during live training that is the concern,

That is the whole point of training with dummy rounds and counting "1 thousand, 2 thousand..." that drills into you.

Human will always make mistake, instructors are ever vigilant of any possible senerio.

THis one from 2011 PLA training. You can see how fast the Instructor was when he pulled his trainee on the RIGHT side of the shelter. [thumbsup]

http://youtu.be/wDpuNra---A

0.jpg

Edited by Wishcumstrue

Are u Singaporean? if not f..k off

He is a recruit under training, no one is a born soldier

I am a Singaporean and have went thru the 2.5 years, including 4 month BMT ( 2 months PTP ) and 5 months in SISPEC. The remaining years as a Sect Comd in an Armor Battalion, then Veh Comd manning the M113 with the 40/50mm weapon system, and then as a Platoon Sgt. I was trained the hard way; from BMT to SISPEC and then to a Battalion. Therefore from my personal experience, I think I am in a position to talk further.

Before the actual grenade throw,we were drilled thru hours of classroom theory + technical handling to prepare us for the actual throw. Plus multiple throws of dummy grenade ( the blue one ), 1 time mock-up ( smoke one ) and the actual one. The recruit should not go wrong with so much preparation before hand.

If you talk about 1st timers and no one born a soldier, then every one also has a first time handling a firearm for BTP and ATP, demo range, live firing and an excuse for making mistakes. With so much preparation before hand , there can be no excuses, even for first timers.

And my OC used to tell us, " As a soldier, we can die protecting our country, but we should never make any mistakes in doing so" I do not know how is the culture in the army now but this is how serious we are in the past. We train hard and take our training seriously and accept no compromise.

Not really.

It is actually the slow build up of anxiety as you wait for your turn during live training that is the concern,

That is the whole point of training with dummy rounds and counting "1 thousand, 2 thousand..." that drills into you.

Human will always make mistake, instructors are ever vigilant of any possible senerio.

THis one from 2011 PLA training. You can see how fast the Instructor was when he pulled his trainee on the RIGHT side of the shelter. [thumbsup]

http://youtu.be/wDpuNra---A

Since human will always make mistake, one has to practise more...

Maybe we shld make recruits throw 1,000 dummy grenades before the real one

I am a Singaporean and have went thru the 2.5 years, including 4 month BMT ( 2 months PTP ) and 5 months in SISPEC. The remaining years as a Sect Comd in an Armor Battalion, then Veh Comd manning the M113 with the 40/50mm weapon system, and then as a Platoon Sgt. I was trained the hard way; from BMT to SISPEC and then to a Battalion. Therefore from my personal experience, I think I am in a position to talk further.

Before the actual grenade throw,we were drilled thru hours of classroom theory + technical handling to prepare us for the actual throw. Plus multiple throws of dummy grenade ( the blue one ), 1 time mock-up ( smoke one ) and the actual one. The recruit should not go wrong with so much preparation before hand.

If you talk about 1st timers and no one born a soldier, then every one also has a first time handling a firearm for BTP and ATP, demo range, live firing and an excuse for making mistakes. With so much preparation before hand , there can be no excuses, even for first timers.

Good for you bro. But plse don't call your fellow country man " Sillypore" etc.

Not everyone one are the same and situation on the ground are dynamic

Even US highly train Ranger/ Delta force also can have " black hawk down" incident.

So it is not fare to label your own country man "Sillypore" and talk about hiring piney militant.

Stick the issue to the recruit concern.

I will let this rest here and you have a good day.

if wont go wrong, they why have safety ? ambulance etc on standby ?

Rubbishman... went through sispec and promoted to PS.. your comment really cmi leh.

if wont go wrong, they why have safety ? ambulance etc on standby ?

Rubbishman... went through sispec and promoted to PS.. your comment really cmi leh.

You have to understand why safety measures are there in the first place; to mitigate potential risk. Just like even before recruits handle their M16, they learn about IA drills. No amount of vigilance should be compromised just because there are safety measures in place. Just like we have fire safety mechanisms in every building but that does not mean one should be lax about fire safety.

Perhaps you have never served the army before or maybe are doing mundane roles in the service side, however as a ex-PS, I expect my men and platoon to attain to certain standards. I believe this is a basic responsibility of a soldier.

By the way, I am not sure which era of the army you belong to, but we dun have the luxury of ambulance on standby every exercise. We only have safety vehicles using the now retired landrovers + safety officer + duty medic +duty driver. Safety vehicle will report back to the medical centre and then sent via the army ambulance to the designated hospital.

↡ Advertisement