Tatata Sounds

Colourblind

Morning ,

Any bros encounter when travelling 80km/hr to 100km/hr....got "Tatatata" sound coming from front passenager side. When i am travelling below 80km/hr got no "Tatata" sounds. I checked my under carriage, no debris stuck.......wondering what causes the sound......

Btw, i am driving a 1.5A Swift.

Thanks,

↡ Advertisement

Hmmm...i thought damaged bearing most likely is humming sounds? And just gotta wait till friday to send to my car mechanic to check.....hope won't kena chop carrot...

Edited by Colourblind

update me.

I had the same sound (irregular clicking sounds though) the day before of my trip to malaysia.

I thought it could be my wheel bearing or cv joint.

I got it checked by the mechanic. he was not sure too. my wheel bearing and cv joint was perfectly ok.

but he found out that one my tyres almost 'tore/burst' and recommended me to change my tires, brake pads and my battery.

the clicking still persisted in the NSH. but on the way back to singapore, the clicking stops.

not telling you what could be wrong with your car. just sharing my experience.

get it checked asap.

Check for any nail on your rear tyre. It happens to me couple of weeks back .... tad tad tad sound when i m driving .... cost me $10+ to remove the long rusty nail during midnight.

Hmmm...i thought damaged bearing most likely is humming sounds? And just gotta wait till friday to send to my car mechanic to check.....hope won't kena chop carrot...

Nothing else i know makes sounds only > 80km/h.

Engine mount could be a possibility too. Best let a trusted mechanic do a check.

Best of luck ! Remember to update your solution here later !

Done a check on the engine and wheel. Can't find any fault, so mechanic drive out with me inside the car. Done 80km/hr and 90km/hr, just don't have tata sounds. So mechanic jack up my car to check the base of the engine, the only possibility found is the broken wheel fender arc plastic mounting is broken. The flapping of the plastice might be causing the sound due to the wind resistance. So he just secure it and i just have to monitor for the next few days.

post-96310-1360930928_thumb.jpg

Edited by Colourblind
  • Praise 1

24 minutes ago, MrBone said:

@Colourblind recently I'm facing this issue too. do you find out what causes the "tatata" sound?

His last active here was 2015, i think you will no luck  in getting his response 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1