Sarpork local talent!

Dymatize

local don't have many talents.

most uncles i see, ended up in coffee shops drinking beer and criticizing govt being so mean.

perhaps, locals are talented drinkers and also, talented to talk but no action. [:p]

Hes an aspiring singaporean film student who needs our help.

The video is a creative way he came up with to ask for that help from his fellow singaporeans!

Hes a student... He needs the help to make this thesis film in order to graduate...

Indeed shocking....no money no sponsor want to make movie.....go find a big boss or work in mediacorpose for a start lah.....

Turbocharged

Indeed shocking....no money no sponsor want to make movie.....go find a big boss or work in mediacorpose for a start lah.....

still much better than that jiu hu kia who went to sentosa cove and ask a rich man to give him a car

better, but not much better

comeon guys. lets be kind, there is no need to be unneccessarily harsh. This is called fund raising. Even famous directors have to do it (although they have famous producers to help them do it!)

Savings alone cannot fund a final year thesis film

Kenny is not just asking for a free handout, he put in the effort to film the short and spread the word.

If the government is more interested in giving out scholarships and allowances to FTs, we must help our own true blue Singaporean brothers!

you asked us not to be harsh so in my response I ask you to be realistic. just because there is a dearth of locals in the film making scene does not make an individual pursuing a major in film making, a talent.

OK, he may have the passion and interest for it or he may consider himself cut out for this line. Fine but what qualifies you to say he is a talent?

There are so many film makers out there as film directors. However, I don't think you will appreciate if I accord them all status as talents, would you?

granted he need money to make his thesis, the question now is how he should get it. what you are asking, I don't see any real difference from that of a person asking for a handout.

he has no cred or established rep so I doubt people are going to flock to watch his creations and thereafter promptly make a Paypal donation.

How about doing corporate films for companies and in exchange, raise the monies necessary? It is hard work but go ask anyone doing up his or her thesis regardless of the major. Which thesis is a breeze to do?

you asked us not to be harsh so in my response I ask you to be realistic. just because there is a dearth of locals in the film making scene does not make an individual pursuing a major in film making, a talent.

OK, he may have the passion and interest for it or he may consider himself cut out for this line. Fine but what qualifies you to say he is a talent?

There are so many film makers out there as film directors. However, I don't think you will appreciate if I accord them all status as talents, would you?

granted he need money to make his thesis, the question now is how he should get it. what you are asking, I don't see any real difference from that of a person asking for a handout.

he has no cred or established rep so I doubt people are going to flock to watch his creations and thereafter promptly make a Paypal donation.

How about doing corporate films for companies and in exchange, raise the monies necessary? It is hard work but go ask anyone doing up his or her thesis regardless of the major. Which thesis is a breeze to do?

"Talent" much like my spelling of the word "Support" and the short film itself, is very much said in a joking manner

Yes, he is looking for a handout, he is looking for assistance, he is looking for help - Is that wrong? Kenny's just a local boy trying to complete his education, he's not asking for money to blow it on nonsense

Yes, he has been working part time jobs to raise money for his thesis film project. This is not a lazy arsed request for free money without any effort put in

I posted it in here in the hope of reaching out to more people and helping Kenny reach his target earlier

Anyway thank you for watching the video.

↡ Advertisement