New MInister, New Govt?

Tiger1

Ok.....i am happy that there are indeed improvement in recent policy changes. Can be better.

Hdb admitting that they didnt build enough flats previously, adjusting the income ceiling upward, etc are some positive changes pointing to the right direction.

More pro family policies such as the jst announced father paternity leave is also welcome.

Now....why didnt the previous ministers, when they were in office, thought these were necessary and for the good of citizen n singapore? What the hell were they doing back then?

In particular n i remember vividly, MBT defending the $8,000 ceiling saying that the 90s rule is still relevant in 2011.

If the current ministers are doing all the right corrections, then, can i say we had been paying those oust ministers million dollar salary for nothing???

↡ Advertisement

u really believe they wasn't building enough flats or because the floodgates has been open to too much FTs who can buy resale flat?

then those who sold their flats to the FTs are all either upgrading to condo or buying new flats.

All these are signs that putting pressure on govt to perform by having more opposition presence is the key. As what was mentioned at the WP rally. Voting in one more WP politician to make the govt work harder. But Heng Swee Keat says it should be the other way round. To vote in more PAP MPs to make WP work harder. I seriously think there is a problem in his mind to say that.

The PAP compiles a list of issues annually from their Meet-The-People sessions. I'm sure during the numbers crunching, housing issues top the list. That also explains the recent moves by MND to speed up the building of rental flats.

Recently, the feedback from national conversation probably revealed that housing is main concern which caused delay in marriages.

tats the problem when there's no competition. ppl don't improve, but get worse.

Think from another perspective, there were many Singaporeans who benefited greatly from the rise in property prices, HDB included.

All these are signs that putting pressure on govt to perform by having more opposition presence is the key. As what was mentioned at the WP rally. Voting in one more WP politician to make the govt work harder. But Heng Swee Keat says it should be the other way round. To vote in more PAP MPs to make WP work harder. I seriously think there is a problem in his mind to say that.

haha...which team will work harder? big team or small team? if one is placed in a big team, there's bound to be some that will take it easy. so i say reduce the size of the big team to make them worker harder!

Think from another perspective, there were many Singaporeans who benefited greatly from the rise in property prices, HDB included.

rise in property prices without a rise in median wage creates an imbalance in society. in fact, it's pretty dangerous for the social fabric.

The PAP compiles a list of issues annually from their Meet-The-People sessions. I'm sure during the numbers crunching, housing issues top the list. That also explains the recent moves by MND to speed up the building of rental flats.

Recently, the feedback from national conversation probably revealed that housing is main concern which caused delay in marriages.

if u analyse closely, housing is not the root cause. ppl are naturally concerned about it but they need to look at the policymakers.

for eg, the recent Citylife EC 2 mil penthouse. Everyone blamed the developer. But who approved the developer? Who allowed housing prices to escalate without balancing it with increased wages?

will SG improve with more opposition? well for a start closer to home, i know life in Penang is getting better with opposition in power. Different country but certainly, checks and balances does help.

I think there is certainly improvement. Last time, when a certain person is more influential, they die die also won't admit their mistake.

But still there is much room for improvement.

I am "glad" that these costly ministers need a national conversation to realize things that people with their ears to the ground have known long before the nat conversation! What has their grassroot feedbacks system been doing all these years? Or the GR did their job but the feedbacks were ignored?

Do our costly ministers really need such bells and whistles they create thru launching the nat conversations before they are willing to sit up, listen, and work? :D

Well, while its always better late than never, as some say, is Miw going to keep playing catch up in between sleeping, instead of staying ahead and being on top of important things like housing, transport, etc?

Edited by Maseratigood

I am "glad" that these costly ministers need a national conversation to realize things that people with their ears to the ground have known long before the nat conversation! What has their grassroot feedbacks system been doing all these years? Or the GR did their job but the feedbacks were ignored?

Do our costly ministers really need such bells and whistles they create thru launching the nat conversations before they are willing to sit up, listen, and work? :D

Well, while its always better late than never, as some say, is Miw going to keep playing catch up in between sleeping, instead of staying ahead and being on top of important things like housing, transport, etc?

And you believe in the National Conversation??

its all the 2011 GE lah...

remember, most of the pap MP's also admitted after that the ground is strongly against them during their walkabout.

before that leh, mbt still got a weekly column defending his hdb policies on the ST.

i am 100% sure that if aljunied wasn't won by the WP, mbt policies on hdb, FT policies etc will still remain, because its telling PAP that nothing is broke, no need to fix it.

somehow all these national policies were used to full advantage to the ruling party.....hope there will be more by-elections

somehow all these national policies were used to full advantage to the ruling party.....hope there will be more by-elections

its only when there is now more alternative MPs, that they are listening...else.....neh neh neh neh poo poo <_< <_<

i dun use opposition as it does not stand for what they are, they are the alternative voice!

Ok.....i am happy that there are indeed improvement in recent policy changes. Can be better.

Hdb admitting that they didnt build enough flats previously, adjusting the income ceiling upward, etc are some positive changes pointing to the right direction.

More pro family policies such as the jst announced father paternity leave is also welcome.

Now....why didnt the previous ministers, when they were in office, thought these were necessary and for the good of citizen n singapore? What the hell were they doing back then?

In particular n i remember vividly, MBT defending the $8,000 ceiling saying that the 90s rule is still relevant in 2011.

If the current ministers are doing all the right corrections, then, can i say we had been paying those oust ministers million dollar salary for nothing???

It takes a loss of 1 GRC for them to listen. May be losing a few more will make them REALLY listen.

is there some truth in it that loosing 1 GRC ... got this kind of changes in policy liao

if lost 2 GRC .... expect the unexpected?

Edited by Wt_know

is there some truth in it that loosing 1 GRC ... got this kind of changes in policy liao

if lost 2 GRC .... expect the unexpected?

if lose 2, u see radical changes./....

↡ Advertisement