Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Perhaps as a guide which my driver instructor once taught me, "treat all road users as idiots" which helped me drive more defensively over the years, now treat all car dealers same same regardless of company name, sales guy or boss or balls or physical niceness of cars on sale, iron-clad promises that can almost cause the moon to fly out of orbit, prices so attractive that its machiam buying cars with RM exchange rate etc.

Advices if one is diligent to go thru each page of this thread and parts b4, i will summarise in following points as a GUIDE :

1. Treat all sales personnel as idiots (note : i did not use the term crooks....yet)

2. Do an online comparison on prices of like models to get an idea of depreciation and "market" price.

3. Dun be too fixated on mileage cos this can be fixed to match almost a seldom used or used only for journey from home to school and back plus maybe a trip to the market.

4. Get car inspected at AA (me not related to anyone or anything there). Some technical issues or problems need professional and expert "eyes" to detect. Its less than $200 iirc. Worth every cent if u desire peace of mind.

5. Alternatively, get a good mechanic to check out the car. If Ali cannot go to mountain, pls get mountain to Ali...😁 pay mechanic a fee in red packet for help. Same if can get an experienced friend to help out. Worse case, ask for help here. Read long ago, a packet of coke may move mountain🤣😂. Pls dun take advantage and be giam ka na (stingy).

6. All promises from sales personnel in black n white. Deposits to be as low as possible. $2k is hard earned money. Must add clause to say any deposit will be RETURNED in full without any admin charges within the day and preferably in cash if loan not approved. Because the tug of war waiting game may generate a book to be written. Title will be "1000 excuses to delay any repayments".

You may eventually give up and console yourself, nvr mind, money can earn back. This is the reason why many $2k is earned without much effort. Your loss their gain.

7. Pls be diligent. If feel uneasy or not sure, dun rush to buy. In most places no scare no good car, only scare no money to buy and maintain.

If you want to go with TRUST, then be prepared to pay school fees.

In my time, trust needs to be earned. Not freely given because scare may lose face or too excited especially its one's first time buying a car. 

There will be warning flags if one is alert. Pls ah, no full cash payment released and cashier's order only to company name until car ownership is transferred. Dun be lazy, go with the dealer to see that transfer is done. 

May be extreme but no choice. Money is hard earned unless u very generous to gib it away cos money er not yours in the first place. Oops.😅😂

Sorry for the long yada. Today's a freer day than most weekends.

Hope some will be spared from falling victim to dishonest dealers. If you are a honest dealer, this is not talking about you. But you are getting more rare these days. Kudos for upholding your integrity.👍

😁😂😂

Safe ride 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Used cars are not a good buy with the current low COE. It's cheaper to buy new. And many used cars are being used as private hire. You won't  know the history with a tweak of the mileage and  a new coat of paint,  upholstery & engine chemical wash.

Used Toyota Altis Elegance - $10K annual dep

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=851117&DL=3407

Brand new Altis Elegance - $9K annual dep

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=12618

• Praise 1

On 2/29/2020 at 4:21 PM, PSP415 said:

cashier's order only to company name until car ownership is transferred.

One.motoring transfer is 3 stage. Seller initiate, Buyer accepts then finally Seller accepts.

Do you mean hand over cashier's order only after Seller accepts?

31 minutes ago, bovi said:

One.motoring transfer is 3 stage. Seller initiate, Buyer accepts then finally Seller accepts.

Do you mean hand over cashier's order only after Seller accepts?

Hand over the cashier's order once car ownership transfer is done on the spot.

Online is quite fast.

Cashier's order is as good as hard cash. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 3

28 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Spiderman getting cancer for the England

It's OK, I activated Iron Man @RadX to kill the intruder. Spiderman is saved. 😂

• Haha! 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, RadX said:

There is no

ENDGame to this

You are inevitable. 😂

But don't forget hor. I snapped fingers also. 🤣

That fella too much. Racist and also defamatory.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 1

get from ad preowned to eliminate all the nonsense from used cars dealer.

you may have to pay a bit more but it made your life easier.

• Praise 1

WARNING......RNJ MOTORING

Fully paid for my car upon collection but this dealer, Ron failed to transfer ownership of the car to me until 2 weeks later. I had to keep chasing and chasing. And he only gave me 1 key and ask me to pay half of the cost to get the 2nd key. Shitty experience. Stay far far away from this dealer no matter how sweet the deal is!

• Praise 1

On 2/29/2020 at 3:04 PM, Nddy said:

Hi guys. Just to share my experience with you all. I recently bought a civic from this grandturf carguru end of dec last year. When you go there they show you wah like everything so perfect no issue. But once u started using, 1month plus got so many problem already. Side mirror you need press key up to 3 times to activate, roof lining all collapsing in less than a month, which they claimed they changed all just before i bought from them. But when go workshop they said its old rooflining, wasnt changed recently anyway. The wiper water compartment also leaking literally like waterfall when you fill the compartment. They noted all the issue but they buat bodoh only. Online but ignore the msges all. Somemore 3 years pay 1.3k per month, i cannot tell u how much i regret buying from them. One of them quite nice la still acknowledge but she cant assist much cause shes nt the main dealer. This guy name gavin from carguru grandturf, is the one im most frustrated with. Totally irresponsible. This is the kind of guy, once sell alrdy, get money, bochup whatever happens to you one. Just sharing from my experience though, i wont recommend them at all. Deal with them at your own risk. Youll end up spending alot more money fixing the problematic car apart from the car payment lol

normal bro. rooflining can see clearly if gonna drop. knock abit can tell.

next i tell you i think you need to fix your gantung soon. 😂

Neutral Newbie

Hi. I am a first time buyer. Currently looking at getting a vezel. However a Used vezel that still left around 6 years, their deprecation is around $8-9k, COE around 47k to 54k, selling at a price of $56k. Using this car quotation as example, it is reasonable to buy it at this price? 

Also, I read that alot of buyer will send the car to STA or workshop to check before buying the used car. May I know how this is done? The workshop will send to the workshop u indicated or you drive the vehicle to the workshop? Any deposit required? 

Screenshot_20200327_002832_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Cw1985

7 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

Hi. I am a first time buyer. Currently looking at getting a vezel. However a Used vezel that still left around 6 years, their deprecation is around $8-9k, COE around 47k to 54k, selling at a price of $56k. Using this car quotation as example, it is reasonable to buy it at this price? 

Also, I read that alot of buyer will send the car to STA or workshop to check before buying the used car. May I know how this is done? The workshop will send to the workshop u indicated or you drive the vehicle to the workshop? Any deposit required? 

Personally I will stay away from 2015-2016 cars due to the high COE as I would want drive it until the 10th year. Also, those popular models for PHV. I won't trust the declared mileage either. 

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

now COE so low, new vezel depre also around 8-9k. if u want save some money, go for 2018-2019 registered vezel, 1 or 2 yr old ones depre around 7k. remember, older car = more problems. if u buy new u don't need worry so much. if u have the financial ability to buy new i'd say just go for it. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I read that alot of buyer will send the car to STA or workshop to check before buying the used car. May I know how this is done? The workshop will send to the workshop u indicated or you drive the vehicle to the workshop? Any deposit required? 

How about COE honda stream? Because it is my first car, many of my friend suggest get a COE car to try out first. I saw many Honda stream quite new, keen to try out. But as a newbie, really dun knoW what to to look out and really worth it

Edited by Cw1985

17 minutes ago, Cw1985 said:

I read that alot of buyer will send the car to STA or workshop to check before buying the used car. May I know how this is done? The workshop will send to the workshop u indicated or you drive the vehicle to the workshop? Any deposit required? 

How about COE honda stream? Because it is my first car, many of my friend suggest get a COE car to try out first. I saw many Honda stream quite new, keen to try out. But as a newbie, really dun knoW what to to look out and really worth it

i mean like safest choice is to always buy new. AD won't cheat u, and car will unlikely have any problems. 

if u buying used and want to send for inspection, BEFORE signing on the dotted line, u tell the dealer u want to send to STA/AA/Vicom/Workshop. they will send for u. if they don't allow or is hesitant, that means the car got problem. try not to sign anything, or pay deposit before going for inspection. at most maybe sign an initial agreement deal...e.g; if car STA grade B and above, you will agree to buy etc. 

↡ Advertisement