Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

I have a used car dealer friend and he told me, he will not and never believe other used car dealers. So I am like, how to buy a used car when all cannot be trusted.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Neutral Newbie

Hi. I went down to look at elantra and Cerato, end up me and my wife preferred Cerato due to outlook and the feeling when sitting in the car. Upon checking, both car dealers insisted that the admin $500 is a must pay according to their company policy. 1st dealer minimum is 60% loan, car price is fix can't nego. 2nd car dealer dun have minimum loan policy, price still can nego abit. The car at their show road is really damn new looking, the orginal plastic still there. So my qus is is this $500 admin fee a must? Both car dealer also mentioned there is no lemon law since the car Still under authorise AD warranty, any issue with car we have to go back AD, not to them because they afraid they will void the warranty

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys. i just went to look at Lancer (https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=928679&DL=3794)

It's a C&C unit and mileage only at 90k++.

However, he said in-house loan will have a $1,500 admin fee. My knowledge is that it's usually only $500.

And he was saying if i were to use bank loan, admin fee will be $1000.

Anyone can advice?

They also said there's a 1 year free maintenance for engine and gearbox. 

They are under SRS Automobile / SRS Service Centre.

Edited by seahzyang

Looks of the car can be touched up and given a good spray paint. What is hidden inside is unknown unless checked by professionals and experts in this trade. 
Car dealers can tell whether both u and your wife are already convinced that this is the car to buy and they will hold their sales tactics and position. 
If you are willing to wait, why don’t walk away to reconsider and to have a “cool-off” period before committing?

cos’ it would be hard for u to make a U- turn on e u sign on the dotted line.

Take Care. 

It's a fishing game. To see who bites first. 

Gave them your final price instead with conditions stated. Walk away if they do not value your biz. 

And have the car checked out inside out and underneath. A good paint job is some time more scary. 

• Praise 4

Admin fee is just commission for the salesperson. Just give them your final offer and insist u not willing to pay admin fee, and walk away if they don't waive it.

My long time buddy who works in a reputable dealer told me that Japanese cars once the mileage is adjusted, very hard to find out one. Just stick to those used cars that have been serviced at AD from day 1, and verify the mileage with the AD for peace of mind. So many pattern in the end I just bite the bullet and went for a new car. As I felt the used car market for entry level cars prices all quite high not much difference to new... 

1 hour ago, seahzyang said:

Hi guys. i just went to look at Lancer (https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=928679&DL=3794)

However, he said in-house loan will have a $1,500 admin fee. My knowledge is that it's usually only $500.

Anyone can advice?

This dealer so honest - advertised "Mileage Clocked", exact words from their advert.... 😅

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, VDub_Golf said:

Looks of the car can be touched up and given a good spray paint. What is hidden inside is unknown unless checked by professionals and experts in this trade. 
Car dealers can tell whether both u and your wife are already convinced that this is the car to buy and they will hold their sales tactics and position. 
If you are willing to wait, why don’t walk away to reconsider and to have a “cool-off” period before committing?

cos’ it would be hard for u to make a U- turn on e u sign on the dotted line.

Take Care. 

Didn't commit as I told dealer I will consider. Happened to saw a Consignment unit price also quite attractive. Is doing the paper work by sgcarmart very difficult in the event buying a consignment car? Because paying abit more I can get more functions.

4 hours ago, seahzyang said:

Anyone can advice?

This is 7.2k depre... Top up a bit more can get a brand new Avanta/Fit 1.3/Vios liao at $80k leh! No need to worry about mileage tampering and got free servicing somemore?

• Praise 3

Buy used car must super relax............buay gum, just walk away.... slowly see other cars..........

• Praise 4

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

This is 7.2k depre... Top up a bit more can get a brand new Avanta/Fit 1.3/Vios liao at $80k leh! No need to worry about mileage tampering and got free servicing somemore?

Can you do a caculation how much he needs to pay every month if he brought this car at $35888, vs a new $80k car? Today I also heard this suggest, every month pay another $200 more, u can get a new car instead of a used car. 

With $30k down payment, Buying a used car maybe monthly installment is $550-$600. But with that theory pay abit more every month, you can get a new car, I might need to pay $800 per month. 

7 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

Hi. I went down to look at elantra and Cerato, end up me and my wife preferred Cerato due to outlook and the feeling when sitting in the car. Upon checking, both car dealers insisted that the admin $500 is a must pay according to their company policy. 1st dealer minimum is 60% loan, car price is fix can't nego. 2nd car dealer dun have minimum loan policy, price still can nego abit. The car at their show road is really damn new looking, the orginal plastic still there. So my qus is is this $500 admin fee a must? Both car dealer also mentioned there is no lemon law since the car Still under authorise AD warranty, any issue with car we have to go back AD, not to them because they afraid they will void the warranty

my opinions;

1) the first dealer... must take loan and fixed car price. u are going to end up paying a shit ton of interest.

2) both dealers talking rubbish. ALL used cars are protected by lemon law for 6 mths. what this means to me is that both dealers are not confident of the cars' quality. 

3) u need to make sure ur car's mileage is not tampered. tampered mileage = warranty void. 

if i were u i would avoid both of them. 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, seahzyang said:

Anyone can advice?

u tell the salesperson; I save u the trouble and help u do all the administrative work for the loan. In return, you'll give me a $1500 discount for the car. 🤣

• Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, Cw1985 said:

Can you do a caculation how much he needs to pay every month if he brought this car at $35888, vs a new $80k car? Today I also heard this suggest, every month pay another $200 more, u can get a new car instead of a used car. 

I was just stating the difference in DEPRECIATION of the used lancer is not that much (when comparing to the BN entry level cars) ... U may also want to factor in repair cost for wear and tear for the used car into the equation? 

Maybe need to do some solid nego with the used car dealer to lower the depre a bit 🙂 when I was looking I saw a few pretty new ~1 year old vios in the market also about 7k depre... Can check if they r still avail - 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?ORD=DEP_ASC&MOD=vios&OPC[]=0&FR=2012&ASL=1

But if he is lancer lover than bo bian 🙂

Edited by yellowshaun
Eloboration
  • Praise 1

7 hours ago, seahzyang said:

Anyone can advice?

I itchy hand went to click on the other 3 similar ads, all lower depre and the milage slightly more believable IMHO 🙂 Did you check those out yet? 

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, ZW44 said:

my opinions;

1) the first dealer... must take loan and fixed car price. u are going to end up paying a shit ton of interest.

2) both dealers talking rubbish. ALL used cars are protected by lemon law for 6 mths. what this means to me is that both dealers are not confident of the cars' quality. 

3) u need to make sure ur car's mileage is not tampered. tampered mileage = warranty void. 

if i were u i would avoid both of them. 

The car I looking at is $72k. The first dealer max is 40% down payment, the remaining is 7 yrs loan with interest 2.28.

The milage both dealer dun mind requesting from AD the milage of last servicing as proof to the car milage. As the car I interested only used for 2 yrs and is OPC car, the milage is quite low. Less than 15k for a 2 yrs car. 

15 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

The car I looking at is $72k. The first dealer max is 40% down payment, the remaining is 7 yrs loan with interest 2.28.

The milage both dealer dun mind requesting from AD the milage of last servicing as proof to the car milage. As the car I interested only used for 2 yrs and is OPC car, the milage is quite low. Less than 15k for a 2 yrs car. 

wtf?! 2 year old OPC car for 72k?? u looking at cerato right? 1 yr old cerato only 72k and is normal plate. either u lying or the dealers are cheating u big time. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1