Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Neutral Newbie

Hi. I intend to bring the car to my friend workshop for a check before purchase. However dealer requested for a $500 deposit before they willing to drive the car to workshop. Is that a proper protocol? 

This $500 you will only get back if car after inspection got major issue. If not you can't get back the deposit if is only minor wear and tear problem. 

↡ Advertisement

26 minutes ago, Cw1985 said:

Hi. I intend to bring the car to my friend workshop for a check before purchase. However dealer requested for a $500 deposit before they willing to drive the car to workshop. Is that a proper protocol? 

This $500 you will only get back if car after inspection got major issue. If not you can't get back the deposit if is only minor wear and tear problem. 

You are not likely to get back your 500 if you back out on the deal. A lot of things are wear and tear, no way you could win the argument. I can't think of any problem is not wear and tear.  Let me quote a few, steering rack and pinion, repair cost can be a few k, it is wear and tear,head gasket leak radiator problem,  aircon compressor, shocks, etc etc, all are wear and tear. 

If you are really keen in the car , try to  negotiate for 100 and be prepared to donate it in a worst case scenario. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
5 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

You are not likely to get back your 500 if you back out on the deal. A lot of things are wear and tear, no way you could win the argument. I can't think of any problem is not wear and tear.  Let me quote a few, steering rack and pinion, repair cost can be a few k, it is wear and tear,head gasket leak radiator problem,  aircon compressor, shocks, etc etc, all are wear and tear. 

If you are really keen in the car , try to  negotiate for 100 and be prepared to donate it in a worst case scenario. 

Hi bro. Cos is a 2018 elantra, still under AD warranty. But would like to send to my friend workshop for a check, to ensure no major accident before. Cos I'm first time buyer, dun know izzi a must to pay a deposit for them to send to WS. 

When you guy purchase a used car, do you all do the same pay a deposit send for a check? 

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Cw1985 said:

Hi bro. Cos is a 2018 elantra, still under AD warranty. But would like to send to my friend workshop for a check, to ensure no major accident before. Cos I'm first time buyer, dun know izzi a must to pay a deposit for them to send to WS. 

When you guy purchase a used car, do you all do the same pay a deposit send for a check? 

This is not an uncommon practice though not every dealer does that. If your concern is about accident, then make it clear on the paper in case the car really had accident repair before. Despite so  , you  may still not get back your money, because 2nd car dealers are notorious  for all sorts of dirty tricks, unless you meet a good one which is more rare. 

Just curious, why not consider a new one since you are buying so new car,the depre is likely not much different? 

Neutral Newbie
33 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

This is not an uncommon practice though not every dealer does that. If your concern is about accident, then make it clear on the paper in case the car really had accident repair before. Despite so  , you  may still not get back your money, because 2nd car dealers are notorious  for all sorts of dirty tricks, unless you meet a good one which is more rare. 

Just curious, why not consider a new one since you are buying so new car,the depre is likely not much different? 

Cos new avante don't like the look, and price for 2019 avante AD quote me $97k for basic model. As for new elantra 2020, the price is $107k. Thus abit too ex. Lol.... 

This 2018 Elantra the price listed is $68k.

• Praise 1

i see many are still concerned/disturbed/cheesed by the admin fee or whatever. 

What I tell 2nd hand salesman -> 

" I dun care what fees you throw in, this is the FINAL amount $XXX I am willing to pay, you go sort out yourself" 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

20 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

Cos new avante don't like the look, and price for 2019 avante AD quote me $97k for basic model. As for new elantra 2020, the price is $107k. Thus abit too ex. Lol.... 

This 2018 Elantra the price listed is $68k.

wow 97k for basic 2019 model avante? 

come i sell you mine 2019 avante s reg in sept for 85k. 😋

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Recently bought a car from Golden Chater, the experience is atrocious. First: the view point is at company basement carpark. To be pretty honest to start with, basement is kind of dark to have a good look at the car. And sales told me car very good no problem . With 120 point check and keep saying their company have good review. Hence, I pay deposit. After deposit I saw the bill they quote, I’m so shocked. They charged me $500 for showroom fees($500 to view a car in the basement). So I decided to check with the person, she told me showroom fees is compulsory. “Is a must to charge $500 to view the car from basement”. In fact, is already done and cannot be undone. I know have admin fee $500, but I don’t know have there’s showroom fee $500 also . On 12sept I went to collect car, sales say car already service and checked with no problem. I take a look at the car engine and gearbox, it seems like oil leak. I call a friend for some help to take a look at the car. My friend came to do a quick check on the car. He found out that many parts is require to get replace and he’s not mechanic technician. If he’s able to find out some problem and oil leak , how 120points is being checked by a mechanic technician. Sales start to defends that this is an old car so I decided not to collect the car on that day. I asked her send the car to replace those parts. On 19th sept I went to collect car, I see there’s no oil leak so I decided to sign the contract. After sign and paid for the car, they want me to sign a car checklist, checklist is from the technician from their workshop to prove that car is being checked by them. They claimed that if there’s any problem we can go back within 1 week, and 6 months for the engine and gearbox. On the same day, I realise theres no engine cover clip, they ask me to go workshop to see there’s any clip left it there. I start to drive the car over to workshop, and I starts to hear some noise from the car undercarriage. They told me engine clip cannot find need to order and they will check undercarriage when the clip arrive. At night I found out taillights internal plastic melt, so I called the them, the workshop claimed that they’ll order. Basically after 2 weeks nothing being done, and I realise the gearbox leak oil again today. So I drive to the workshop again. The 5000 years experience technician drive my car one round, and claimed that beside the steering rack spoil the rest is in very good condition. By driving one round without looking at the undercarriage to have this conclusion, it seems like he has already knew what’s issue with that car. Basically the workshop ask me to pay for the steering rack parts as they check with the sales, the sales claimed that the boss Jared mentioned that this is not covered by the dealer. She can’t help it, and ask me to report CASE If you wanna do SOME SMALL CLAIMS. Why am I even paying for their mistakes, and I really thinks that this car will have lots more problem than what I’m seeing it right now. I really think that the 120points checked is by the 5000years experience technician by driving one round. SO WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO NOW ... ZXC PS: I think they didn’t pay for the season parking, they do tailgate exit. And don’t allow me to drive in cause they afraid that’s fine require. I need to park my car FAR FAR AWAY FROM THE CARPARK 😂😂😂😂

They fast delete post and block me on Facebook.  And block their company review

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208396011574016&id=1717442276&sfnsn=mo

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys.

Im looking for Mitsubishi Lancer with new 5 year renewed COE.

Would love to hear your expert's opinion on these dealers.

Wheels and Car Pte Ltd:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=928679&DL=3794

1st Daytona Motor Trading

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=929518&DL=3642

Straits Euro Motors Pte Ltd

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=932913&DL=2049

Carway

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=930350&DL=2469

Thanks! 

It's still a comprehensive insurance coverage,  how so is it lesser?

Why buy used? Maybe can pay in full cash and not be in debt.

Edited by Hamburger

This is the first time that I heard of “showroom fee”.🤔 Think this is not a good deal..

u have signed on the papers and accepted the car, I think going to CASE and expect them to help u may be an uphill task. 
Are u willing to hold on and drive till car is scrapped and deal with hidden maintenance and repair costs with the workshop? If not, consider letting go this car at a loss to cut the long term pain and rising costs. Take care. 

8 hours ago, Whocare said:

Recently bought a car from Golden Chater, the experience is atrocious. First: the view point is at company basement carpark. To be pretty honest to start with, basement is kind of dark to have a good look at the car. And sales told me car very good no problem . With 120 point check and keep saying their company have good review. Hence, I pay deposit. After deposit I saw the bill they quote, I’m so shocked. They charged me $500 for showroom fees($500 to view a car in the basement). So I decided to check with the person, she told me showroom fees is compulsory. “Is a must to charge $500 to view the car from basement”. In fact, is already done and cannot be undone. I know have admin fee $500, but I don’t know have there’s showroom fee $500 also . On 12sept I went to collect car, sales say car already service and checked with no problem. I take a look at the car engine and gearbox, it seems like oil leak. I call a friend for some help to take a look at the car. My friend came to do a quick check on the car. He found out that many parts is require to get replace and he’s not mechanic technician. If he’s able to find out some problem and oil leak , how 120points is being checked by a mechanic technician. Sales start to defends that this is an old car so I decided not to collect the car on that day. I asked her send the car to replace those parts. On 19th sept I went to collect car, I see there’s no oil leak so I decided to sign the contract. After sign and paid for the car, they want me to sign a car checklist, checklist is from the technician from their workshop to prove that car is being checked by them. They claimed that if there’s any problem we can go back within 1 week, and 6 months for the engine and gearbox. On the same day, I realise theres no engine cover clip, they ask me to go workshop to see there’s any clip left it there. I start to drive the car over to workshop, and I starts to hear some noise from the car undercarriage. They told me engine clip cannot find need to order and they will check undercarriage when the clip arrive. At night I found out taillights internal plastic melt, so I called the them, the workshop claimed that they’ll order. Basically after 2 weeks nothing being done, and I realise the gearbox leak oil again today. So I drive to the workshop again. The 5000 years experience technician drive my car one round, and claimed that beside the steering rack spoil the rest is in very good condition. By driving one round without looking at the undercarriage to have this conclusion, it seems like he has already knew what’s issue with that car. Basically the workshop ask me to pay for the steering rack parts as they check with the sales, the sales claimed that the boss Jared mentioned that this is not covered by the dealer. She can’t help it, and ask me to report CASE If you wanna do SOME SMALL CLAIMS. Why am I even paying for their mistakes, and I really thinks that this car will have lots more problem than what I’m seeing it right now. I really think that the 120points checked is by the 5000years experience technician by driving one round. SO WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO NOW ... ZXC PS: I think they didn’t pay for the season parking, they do tailgate exit. And don’t allow me to drive in cause they afraid that’s fine require. I need to park my car FAR FAR AWAY FROM THE CARPARK 😂😂😂😂

They fast delete post and block me on Facebook.  And block their company review

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208396011574016&id=1717442276&sfnsn=mo

Thanks for sharing your experience. 

First, never heard of showroom fee, let alone a showroom in a poorly lit basement car park per your post. 

Second, u need not pay up. Just walk off. Say you looking at cars in the basement. If everyone needs a $500 to look look see see, a guy may be broke by the time he's done looking. 😂😂

Third, NEVER sign any sales contract or agreement before you are aware that you may need to fork out a few Ks to have faults rectified. And especially when you have a friend who can help you to check out car. Why the hurry? Only 1 second hand car in whole of island for sale? Or you felt pressurised because you dun want to be seen as a cheapskate? 

Money is yours. Mouth is theirs. Not heard of any 2nd hand car dealers saying they have bad reviews or poorly maintained cars.

Rather you hold on tight to your money than still be laughed at for being a carrot head. 

It's a lesson. How expensive is up to individuals. But this particular car dealer is going to be noted and remembered, at least by me. 

Next time, please do more thorough homework BEFORE signing anything.

Once signed, it's either throwing good money after bad by engaging a lawyer for misrepresentation of car condition (I not sure you have anything in black and white about repairs promised) or you just focused on enjoying your ride as much as u can if it's not an option to sell it off, at a loss. 

Just sharing. Stay safe

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2