Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Neutral Newbie

10 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

Why NA? Isn't this is about used car dealer feedback? 

Sorry I meant deleted post. Something wrong with my old account. Anyway, I just bought a used car too in Aug, but it was from a dealer which major in commercial vehicles. Better to focus on hunting car than the dealer. This is my experience.

Edited by Yr1983
↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, VDub_Golf said:

Unfortunately, Odo  tempering is a common practice.  There was a real joke that even a lawyer himself lost an odo tempering case in the court room recently . 

Vezel, Mazda 3 and Attrage have been widely used by Uber in the past and Grab in recent years,  so chances of getting a  car that has been used by uber/grab  is very high.   It will be naive for anyone to believe a dealer that any of these model is not a PHV before. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, VDub_Golf said:

I saw that Google reviews too. Cos finally decided to get a 2018 elantra, and they have the colour and years of car i want. I think adjusting the meter for COE car is a norm nowsady. 

Edited by Cw1985

Neutral Newbie

A qus. Any way to check a car mileage? Like that car I intended to buy is 2018 elantra, any way to check with AD? Also, since it is still under 5 yrs warranty by AD, I still need to send to car for STA evaluation? Thank you 

23 minutes ago, Cw1985 said:

A qus. Any way to check a car mileage? Like that car I intended to buy is 2018 elantra, any way to check with AD? Also, since it is still under 5 yrs warranty by AD, I still need to send to car for STA evaluation? Thank you 

call agent workshop and ask lor.

as for evaluation, up to u. if it was me, i would just send. it's just $200 (around there i think), and if really got something wrong at least you know before buying. and they test for everything. they will also "test drive" the car and test for abnormalities. when i bought my car, test drive was ok, still decided to send to STA. in the end the car have some abnormal noise and need fix suspension. got a discount from dealer, went back to agent servicing and they did free for me. 

No point checking the mileage..all the car common sense 8 years at least more than 100k... If less consider weird.. Juz check the car condition.. That's the best way... If so care about mileage then buy less 5 years car.. 

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, Jeffreyng86 said:

No point checking the mileage..all the car common sense 8 years at least more than 100k... If less consider weird.. Juz check the car condition.. That's the best way... If so care about mileage then buy less 5 years car.. 

The car I getting is manufactured in 2018. only used for 2 yrs. 

Does it falls within the 5 years warranty if was made in 2018? ZW44’s suggestion is good. The unknowns of buying  an used car are real.. don’t wish to get stuck with a lemon or a car with an accident history.. or may be stuck in raining situation before.. internal parts soaked in rainwater quite hard to tell.. 

It’s  the inconvenience, the down time and effort  of going back to AD to fix those problems that may be frustrating..

For me, I save the $200 dollars and bring to my trusted workshop for a full check, especially the under chasis which says a lot.

Use that 200 bucks and do a service there as a gesture of gratitude if that car is a good buy. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, ZW44 said:

call agent workshop and ask lor.

as for evaluation, up to u. if it was me, i would just send. it's just $200 (around there i think), and if really got something wrong at least you know before buying. and they test for everything. they will also "test drive" the car and test for abnormalities. when i bought my car, test drive was ok, still decided to send to STA. in the end the car have some abnormal noise and need fix suspension. got a discount from dealer, went back to agent servicing and they did free for me. 

Either send to your trusted mechanic or to AA for evaluation if you don't have any trusted mechanic to check for you. No point sending to STA or Vicom for evaluation. If the mileage is tampered to lower it, a skillful mechanic will know the tail sign of mileage not matching the car condition as wear and tear set in according to mileage for most of the parts.

Hi,

Have anyone face issues with making Bluetooth calls using a JOYING HU?

I can’t seem to hear any audio from the Bluetooth calls. However, the other side can hear me perfectly fine. At the same time, there’s no keypad sound despite the setting being switched on. 

Does anyone have any idea on how to get this fixed?

Edited by AdviceMePlease

8 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

The car I getting is manufactured in 2018. only used for 2 yrs. 

What kind of depre are you getting for a 8year old car? If it is not significantly cheaper than that of a new car, might as well bite the bullet and get a new car. 

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

What kind of depre are you getting for a 8year old car? If it is not significantly cheaper than that of a new car, might as well bite the bullet and get a new car. 

It's a 2 years old car bro, not 8 years old. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

36 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

It's a 2 years old car bro, not 8 years old. 

Sorry  I meant to say 2 year old, since it is so new and if depre is not much cheaper than that of a new car  might as well get a new one. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
9 hours ago, Hamburger said:

For me, I save the $200 dollars and bring to my trusted workshop for a full check, especially the under chasis which says a lot.

Use that 200 bucks and do a service there as a gesture of gratitude if that car is a good buy. 

Any trusted workshop to recommend? 

A dealer got 1 elantra which is normal, not S or elite model. Dealer suggest can top up $1k to make the normal model into S mode. Is that truth? 

1 hour ago, Cw1985 said:

A dealer got 1 elantra which is normal, not S or elite model. Dealer suggest can top up $1k to make the normal model into S mode. Is that truth? 

Find out what are the parts that are added in with the $1K top up, from normal to S model. Best is to write down black and white. After that, you can decide if it is worth it or not. 

14 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

Normal and S trim got alot of diff. 

If I recall, normal have no fog lamp, no drl(I may be wrong), halogen headlamps and maybe tail lamps, and tyre rim 1 size smaller. 

S mode got sport rim, fog lamp, led head and tail lamp. 

This is wat I recall seeing in sgcarmart detail. 

There are other things not available in normal trim also, like the head unit. S model have the touchscreen one. 

14 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

Used car dealer can believe, pigs also can fly. Better buy what you already saw and not what they said can do.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2