Blind spot mirrors

LookingBusy

Guys, any reason(s) why you decide to paste at outer bottom? I thought the outer area of the side mirror is the most obvious and important area where we can use to check for blind spots

↡ Advertisement

Guys, any reason(s) why you decide to paste at outer bottom? I thought the outer area of the side mirror is the most obvious and important area where we can use to check for blind spots

I think basically its the user's preference leh.

I saw many pasting inner-down, but I'm not comfortable.

So left it in the outer-up, which works for me.

Basically I use this mirror to check blind spots, so having it pasted furthest and adjusting the mirror where i can only see 5% of my car body does help me cover my blind spots.

But still it's up to individual.

reason being... i can capture a wide angle if i paste the outer bottom area.

my blind spot mirror not flat... it is a bit rounded (like fisheye)... hence by pasting outer bottom, i can capture a wider angle to my left and right.

Okay, i have decided and bought a pair of those round blind spot mirror that can be pasted onto the side mirrors from NTUC Xtra this afternoon. Anyone can advise me whether it's better to paste the blind spot mirrors inner/outer and top/bottom? I am thinking of inner bottom. Please advise [:)]

OMG this is the most stupid thing one can ever buy.

It's a complete waste of money.

This is so much better.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/SUZUKI-SWIFT-20...#ht_3309wt_1139

Edited by Fastfive1

Turbocharged

another taxi unker favourite.. [rolleyes][rolleyes]

SKU041707.4.JPG

I'm using this for my ride...I loved it. Taxi uncle or not, it's one of the most useful thing I've invested for my car. The long curve mirror extended all the way to the rear left blindspot. Sometimes can see passengers too.

Blind-Spot-Wide-Angle-View-Round-Mirror-For-Car-LP-912--SZC2387-_wfysyo1271732957959.jpg

I feel those stick-on round mirror is a waste of money. The side mirror already very limited view still stick another smaller mirror? You are sacrificing view for more smaller view? Oxymoron I feel. I took out after 15mins of usage, can't see fark!

Edited by Pocus

Hi all, anyone using this as shown in the picture? Am thinking of getting a pair for my car particularly for my left side mirror, as my right side i can just tilt my head and take a glance quickly. Left side abit difficult as i will need to turn my head entirely to check for blind spot. I suppose Autobacs have it. Any particular brand/type to recommend? How do we 'attach' this blind spot mirror onto the side mirror by the way?

47352d1262293797-blind-spot-mirrors-mirror1.jpg

I used it, as a guide for looking at parking lines ... [rolleyes]

Supercharged

Those blindspot mirror will kill you one day if you use them so frequently...

why is that so, pls enlighten cos i use more of my blind spot mirror (those small round stick on type) than my original side mirror...

Edited by Xers007

why is that so, pls enlighten cos i use more of my blind spot mirror (those small round stick on type) than my original side mirror...

The image is too small, if a black car don't turn on light at night fall into the blindspot will most likely be missed. It's better to check mirror and turn head when turning or change lane.

There is a better technique to adjust the rear mirror to avoid blind spot.

Presented in the SAE conference long ago but I can't remember the time. This method really works and I've been using it for years!

For your right (driver side mirror):

1. Lean your head again the window and now adjust the mirror until you see the side of the car.

2. If you adjust it correctly, you will not see the side of your car/door when your head is in the normal driving position! You will see the center lane instead.

For your left (passenger side mirror):

1. Lean your head to the center of the car and now adjust the mirror until you see the side of your car.

2. If you adjust it correctly, you will not see the side of your car/door when your head is in the normal driving position. You will see the next lane or the side walk!

Now drive along a straight road and take note when a car is in view of your rear view mirror on the center lane. As the car approach you and pass you on your right, the car will appear immediately on your side mirror when it is out of view of the rear view mirror! Similarly for the left mirror. Play around a little to get a little overlap and you are set. It appears unnerving initially when you want to switch lane, but within a day or two, you will have confidence! Try it and you will never need those ugly attachment or taxi driver rear view mirror!

cheers!

There is a better technique to adjust the rear mirror to avoid blind spot.

Presented in the SAE conference long ago but I can't remember the time. This method really works and I've been using it for years!

For your right (driver side mirror):

1. Lean your head again the window and now adjust the mirror until you see the side of the car.

2. If you adjust it correctly, you will not see the side of your car/door when your head is in the normal driving position! You will see the center lane instead.

For your left (passenger side mirror):

1. Lean your head to the center of the car and now adjust the mirror until you see the side of your car.

2. If you adjust it correctly, you will not see the side of your car/door when your head is in the normal driving position. You will see the next lane or the side walk!

Now drive along a straight road and take note when a car is in view of your rear view mirror on the center lane. As the car approach you and pass you on your right, the car will appear immediately on your side mirror when it is out of view of the rear view mirror! Similarly for the left mirror. Play around a little to get a little overlap and you are set. It appears unnerving initially when you want to switch lane, but within a day or two, you will have confidence! Try it and you will never need those ugly attachment or taxi driver rear view mirror!

cheers!

I read somewhere before, when adjust the side mirror, just see a slight portion of your car will do, all the blind spot are solved provided mirror is not those long side perpendicular to the ground.

It works perfectly but still I will tilt head to check will be safest.

↡ Advertisement