Strut bars is it really useful?

Weiz87

Strut bars doesn't really make your car a supercar.... I know gold bars does though... [sly]

Gold bars in car will only slow your speed and increase your fuel consumption. Will also attract car hijackers!

I would say additions like strut bars and spoilers don't serve any purpose if you are talking about everyday driving in Singapore.

Spoiler got purpose leh, to use as picnic table when you drink beer or coke. But yeah, normal driving, you do not need anything fancy other than a good set of tires that works in our climate.

from what i read, ARB is acts like a balancing bar, when u corner to one side and the car starts to lean, the bar will "distribute" the load to the opposite wheel (basically preventing the wheels from one side to be much higher/lower than the other, thus reducing the lean), in effect the tyre that is being lean on has less grip.

I dont agree most car in stock form are the ideal setup. My car Altis for example, was design for roads in India, Thailand. Philippines and what we get in Singapore is a car design for rough roads with lots of pot holes..therefore the overly soft suspension and HUGE fender gap is an overkill in Singapore (it rocks like a boat). Its not very safe as well, the car cannot even make a slow 15km/hr tight turn at the carpark without losing control, dont talk about the highway. So if u see an Altis turning slowly at an exit/entry ramp (especially those that go 270 degrees round), u know why. At a slow 70km/hr, it will lean very severely to one side. passenger will definitely feel some fear of crashing liao..driver also will lose confidence and slow down...maybe thats y its 'safe' cause ppl dont dare to speed in an Altis...

I will change the suspension first, unless u like it that soft. Even a shock absorber change is a good upgrade liao. Even my parents driving the car (after shock absorber change) felt the difference and commented it was never this "smooth"... they know nuts about cars.

Edited by Ungtiong

Gold bars in car will only slow your speed and increase your fuel consumption. Will also attract car hijackers!

I dont mind going slower. U want to put some gold bars in my car u r most welcome. Hahaha

:ph34r:

from what i read, ARB is acts like a balancing bar, when u corner to one side and the car starts to lean, the bar will "distribute" the load to the opposite wheel (basically preventing the wheels from one side to be much higher/lower than the other, thus reducing the lean), in effect the tyre that is being lean on has less grip.

I dont agree most car in stock form are the ideal setup. My car Altis for example, was design for roads in India, Thailand. Philippines and what we get in Singapore is a car design for rough roads with lots of pot holes..therefore the overly soft suspension and HUGE fender gap is an overkill in Singapore (it rocks like a boat). Its not very safe as well, the car cannot even make a slow 15km/hr tight turn at the carpark without losing control, dont talk about the highway. So if u see an Altis turning slowly at an exit/entry ramp (especially those that go 270 degrees round), u know why. At a slow 70km/hr, it will lean very severely to one side. passenger will definitely feel some fear of crashing liao..driver also will lose confidence and slow down...maybe thats y its 'safe' cause ppl dont dare to speed in an Altis...

I will change the suspension first, unless u like it that soft. Even a shock absorber change is a good upgrade liao. Even my parents driving the car (after shock absorber change) felt the difference and commented it was never this "smooth"... they know nuts about cars.

On the contrary, I see many Altis driving faster than tortise, Wish driving as if wishing for death wish and Rush rushing to lao sai. :D I always wonder how come they have such big balls to drive so fast and switch lane like JB motorcycles.

Soft suspension does not always necessary mean severe lean and poor handling during cornering. The whole suspension setup plays an important part. French cars are known to have supple suspension, scramblers have soft suspension and high clearance too, but are better handler than many roadies.

Edited by Kangadrool

On the contrary, I see many Altis driving faster than tortise, Wish driving as if wishing for death wish and Rush rushing to lao sai. :D I always wonder how come they have such big balls to drive so fast and switch lane like JB motorcycles.

Soft suspension does not always necessary mean severe lean and poor handling during cornering. The whole suspension setup plays an important part. French cars are known to have supple suspension, scramblers have soft suspension and high clearance too, but are better handler than many roadies.

I second that. U forgot to mention Rav4s.

Spoiler got purpose leh, to use as picnic table when you drink beer or coke. But yeah, normal driving, you do not need anything fancy other than a good set of tires that works in our climate.

guy-eating-drinking-car-spoiler-1352678596d.jpg

then how come ur previous evo got this big gt wing behind? i rem u always say u drive within limits one lei.. or u always go pinic?

from my experience, strut bars do help on the handling especially sharp bend/cornering.

however, you cannot expect it to perform significantly.

you need more than strut bars for the performance like coil-over, low-profile rims, lowering, etc.

with just strut bars, you can feel the difference but don't expect wonders.

↡ Advertisement