Taiwan: Holiday in Taipei & Tainan

Maxus-MIFA9

most of the budget hotel got no window   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

wah lao... only taiwan heaters got this problem? Or all our heaters also have carbon monoxide being emitted? I have a window v close to where the heater is located, outside of the house. But if the wind blows from outside, sure will bring whatever gas inside too...

wah lao... only taiwan heaters got this problem? Or all our heaters also have carbon monoxide being emitted? I have a window v close to where the heater is located, outside of the house. But if the wind blows from outside, sure will bring whatever gas inside too...

dun think will ever happen here, partly also due to the cold and dry weather.

yeah i don't remember windows in my hotel lol.

don't understand why water heater has CO emission?

what little i remember of chemistry was that incomplete combustion will result in CO instead of CO2 emission.

wonder how heater works, and why the combustion is incomplete.

oh, btw, heard that for the gas heaters, got actual fire burning inside to heat up the water... jin scary leh...

as for electric heater, i think no flame, but just those whatever heating coils...

most of the budget hotel got no window   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

My hotel booking I will always make sure room have window. Even call up and ask.

I cannot stay in a room that cannot see out.

• Praise 1

My hotel booking I will always make sure room have window. Even call up and ask.

first time booked a windowless hotel in malacca, feel strange staying inside. When i read about most budget hotel in XMD got no window, i was prepared for it but i booked a better and cozy one. We usually spend whole day out from 9am to 10-11pm anyway.

Me too.  Without window, we wouldn't know the weather and there's no alternate escape if there's fire.  And no sun inside the room, very yin.

• Praise 1

If anyone needs a taxi driver who can take them around Taipei, I know one:

Mr Zeng (+886 937 927 987)

Reliable, friendly and reasonable rates..

• Praise 1

Hi, for those who still want to know about Taiwan, I've been there 2 weeks before.  There are a lot to visit in there. You must see "The Sun Moon Lake" and their theme Park at Lee Foo Village. For a unique restaurant in Taipei, You may try "The Modern Toilet".

• Praise 1

I'M BACK! [wave]

Have been perspiring like mad since we arrived at Changi Airport. [sweatdrop]

Taipei has been a cool average 18 degrees celcius this past week. Been walking around ximending in polo-T both me and sonny. The locals and other tourists all wrapped up in their winter jackets and stuff [laugh]

Edited by Count-Bracula
  • Praise 1

yeah i don't remember windows in my hotel lol.

don't understand why water heater has CO emission?

In Taiwan, most houses are equipped with gas water heaters....

• Praise 1

I'M BACK! [wave]

Have been perspiring like mad since we arrived at Changi Airport. [sweatdrop]

Taipei has been a cool average 18 degrees celcius this past week. Been walking around ximending in polo-T both me and sonny. The locals and other tourists all wrapped up in their winter jackets and stuff [laugh]

Yah, we were there last Dec, locals were saying that it was one of their warmest winters in recent years.

• Praise 2

Yah, we were there last Dec, locals were saying that it was one of their warmest winters in recent years.

Suprisingly the cherry blossoms were blooming . . . Kind of early compared to Japan. We were lucky to have met a photography crazy and very reliable taxi driver whom we hired for 3 days, best of all no time limit. Unlike those hire for 8-10 hours type.

• Praise 2

Suprisingly the cherry blossoms were blooming . . . Kind of early compared to Japan. We were lucky to have met a photography crazy and very reliable taxi driver whom we hired for 3 days, best of all no time limit. Unlike those hire for 8-10 hours type.

Most of these taxi drivers who provide full-day disposal service for tourists are hardworking folks. Our Dec driver tried to bring us to as many places pf interest as possible in a single day. Prepared drinks and snacks, especially for my kids. After sending us back to Taipei from Jiufen in the evening, our driver rushed back to Jiufen to pick up passengers!

Most of these taxi drivers who provide full-day disposal service for tourists are hardworking folks. Our Dec driver tried to bring us to as many places pf interest as possible in a single day. Prepared drinks and snacks, especially for my kids. After sending us back to Taipei from Jiufen in the evening, our driver rushed back to Jiufen to pick up passengers!

normal folk there depends every much on tourism.
↡ Advertisement