Taiwan: Holiday in Taipei & Tainan

Maxus-MIFA9

normal folk there depends every much on tourism.

Ya, not just international tourist, domestic tourists as well. With interesting scenic places and on a tight budget, some taiwanese would naturally choose to do staycation instead.

↡ Advertisement

So far I observed that the drivers there very skillful and patient. The taxi I rode in was a toyota camry which was assembled in taiwan.

How much he charge per day?

Do you have his contact? Good too keep for future use.

Bro, try Mr Zeng:

+886 937 927 987

He is on what's app. Good honest chap, who goes out of his way to make your trip a good one. 

I have his name card at home, will check and reply you.

one day about 3,000 to 4,000 TWD (SGD140 - 190) depending on distance and no time limt,

booked his taxi for 3 days and spent SGD500 (+tips) you can squeeze into 2 days if you want but quite rush I think. 

we had him join us for our meals and he was quite happy with the arrangement, he said we were the first family to

ask him eat together. (so he brought us to almost all the best foodie places in Taipei)  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Visited Taipei recently.  Some videos.

Shi Lin night market, on a rainy evening!

Changing of Honour Guard at Dr Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall.  Video is set at 2X.

Our flight arrived in the evening.  Had a good chat with the taxi driver en-route to our hotel.  In this snippet, he was sharing with us his views on Taiwan politics.

• Praise 1

Visited Taipei recently. Some videos.

Shi Lin night market, on a rainy evening!

Changing of Honour Guard at Dr Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall. Video is set at 2X.

Our flight arrived in the evening. Had a good chat with the taxi driver en-route to our hotel. In this snippet, he was sharing with us his views on Taiwan politics.

Night market in taipei I will go other instead shilin. Ruohe night market is much better. Edited by Tohto

Night market in taipei I will go other instead shilin. Ruohe night market us much better.

agree, i would skip Shilin too, Rouhe has more authentic food [thumbsup]

Night market in taipei I will go other instead shilin. Ruohe night market is much better.

True, but Shi Lin is the most well known.

I've not been to Ruohe, but I've been to Tonghua (at Linjiang street).  Tonghua night market is supposedly the most local of all Taiwanese night markets, don't know true or not.

Part 2

• Praise 1

True, but Shi Lin is the most well known.

I've not been to Ruohe, but I've been to Tonghua (at Linjiang street). Tonghua night market is supposedly the most local of all Taiwanese night markets, don't know true or not.

Part 2

Shilin more well know because more tourist.

A tour package group will mostly go there. Especially group from china.

I will try to avoid.

For those of you who remember the game Lode Runner, I found the Taipei streets walking green man really reminded me of the game.

Also had fun crossing diagonally, as we walked from Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall to Taipei 101.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Finally book my flight to Taiwan (Taipei) end of year. This is my family holiday there after 6 years.

This time other than Taipei area, plan to self drive to Hualian and Yilan.

Any suggestion what to visit and see at this 2 place.

I prefer non city area since city I will be spending in Taipei.

Or any beautiful self drive route for this 2 city.

Edited by Tohto

Finally book my flight to Taiwan (Taipei) end of year. This is my family holiday after 6 years.

This time other than Taipei area, plan to self drive to Hualian and Yilan.

Any suggestion what to visit and see at this 2 place.

I prefer non city area since city I will be spending in Taipei.

Or any beautiful self drive route for this 2 city.

Hualien can take a boat out to see dolphins or whales but highly dependent on time of the year as the whales are just crossing on their way across taiwan. I guess google... I went out on the boat, but only saw a few dolphins. Though it's nice going out into the open sea. Compared to other countries, it's much cheaper to go on such a trip.

Hypersonic

Hualien can take a boat out to see dolphins or whales but highly dependent on time of the year as the whales are just crossing on their way across taiwan. I guess google... I went out on the boat, but only saw a few dolphins. Though it's nice going out into the open sea. Compared to other countries, it's much cheaper to go on such a trip.

How is the sea condition?

Is it very rough? My daughter and myself will easy sea sick.

How is the sea condition?

Is it very rough? My daughter and myself will easy sea sick.

hualien port is not in a bay, so haha yeah it's open water. I was getting mildly sea sick by the end. 

Western Australia sea is more gentle.

Haha better stick to ground then.

Hypersonic
(edited)

hualien port is not in a bay, so haha yeah it's open water. I was getting mildly sea sick by the end.

Western Australia sea is more gentle.

Haha better stick to ground then.

Last time my trip in Southern Australia, ferry to Kangaroo island. 1 hr hour trip trip my daughter and I vomit lke no body business.

Not those small ferry, but big one that load all the car onto it.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Last time my trip in Southern Australia, ferry to Kangaroo island. 1 hr hour trip trip my daughter and I vomit lke no body business.

Not those small ferry, but big one that load all the car onto it.

these boats are small compared to car ferries haha

The one i took in Hualien is those like maybe 10-15 seater type. Pleasure craft type.

The WA one is about a 20-30 seater?

↡ Advertisement