How to switch off Honda Civic Car Alarm

Mattjoe

My honda civic car alram went off when i unlock the car manually using spare key. There doesn't seem to be anyway of switching off the alarm at all. Any honda civc owners here have encountered the same problem? And any way of solving it in an emergency eg when auto key ran out of battery and you need to open door manually

TIA

BY THE WAY, we called up KM for assistance and they say it is notossible to switch off alarm any other way except through use of button on auto key.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks, but no button to deactivate, tried checking everywhere, it is also not in the manual. Any honda civic owners facing same problem?

I think just press the buttons on the key.

Yes press button on the key works. Usually i test it to check..

Actually, situation was that the key with the buttons was not with us. So only have the other key to manually open door.

Anyway, solved problem this morning -it is a really stupid alarm system - used key to unlock, but open back door instead. alarm was not set off. Then climb to driver's seat and start car!

I managed to reset alarm by locking and unlocking door using the button on the driver's door.

Hope the above helps with honda civic drivers caught in the same situation as us!

Thanks anyway for all your suggestions.

Bro.. Your car security lapse. By right opening any door without deactivating alarm should trigger the alarm. Like that thief open the back door and jump in, it wouldn't activate the alarm?

Supercharged

Actually, situation was that the key with the buttons was not with us. So only have the other key to manually open door.

Anyway, solved problem this morning -it is a really stupid alarm system - used key to unlock, but open back door instead. alarm was not set off. Then climb to driver's seat and start car!

I managed to reset alarm by locking and unlocking door using the button on the driver's door.

Hope the above helps with honda civic drivers caught in the same situation as us!

Thanks anyway for all your suggestions.

Time to upgrade or repair your alarm system. All doors opened when the system is still activated, should set the alarm sound blasting away. Something wrong with yr system

And it looks like you only have 1 alarm key pad? I thought there is always 2 sets given?

Definitely something wrong, just bought car second hand slightly over a month. Only one key pad works (just discovered).

Odd thing is that there is no deactivating button. And car was unlocked with a key so the alarm should not go off. Will Need to send to KM to reprogramme or else need to install a new system.

Hmmm ... the other key?

Ain't both keys that came along with the car identical? ie. With the remote lock-unlock function?

I know mine is.

↡ Advertisement