47 members have voted

1. 1. Based on Durability and Space

• Honda City
    • Toyota Vios
    • Honda Airwave

Neutral Newbie

Out of these 3 models,

I'm looking at 2009-2010 models

I wish to downgrade my 2.0L Impreza Hatchback due to....

Low Usage, only 39K Mileage, 2years+

Have a 1yo baby now (boot space very cramp with pram)

Rearseat also cramp with Baby seat

and also don't intend to spend so much on car now as want to plan for 2nd baby.

My first 2 choices were

Honda City and Airwave

but looking at VIOS also cause resale value seems like in future, in the event if i need to change car due to

car problem/family, it will be able to fetch more than Honda right?

Or should I keep my current car?

Kindly advise, tia!

↡ Advertisement

In terms of space for both the trunk n passengers, Airwave wins hands down. Don't think City n Vios are any better than your current Impreza.

If you are concerned about resale value I'd suggest you look at 2006-2007 cars instead where the coe was in the 15-18k region. Use for 3 to 4 years, depreciation should be around 7-8k per year. Problem with 2009-2010 cars is the high mark up by dealers n relatively low paper value. If coe price drops substantially around 2014-2015 as some analysts predict, your 2009 car will definitely suffer in the resale market then.

Neutral Newbie

if I were to look for older models, i might need to top up for change OPC cars to Normal Plate as OPC cars has lower mileage and better condition

Neutral Newbie

Don't quite like Wish and ISIS design,

if i'm not wrong ISIS quite boxy

my budget not more than $75K if possible

Neutral Newbie

Seems like Airwave still top, thanks bros for all the voting!

Hope more votes comes in for a better gauge.

I do not mind topping up to convert OPC to Normal place, i saw one airwave with Skyroof, M model is the newer than the normal non M model right?

Any reviews on skyroof?

In terms of space, airwave confirm biggest among the three model. No need to consider vios since it is quite a small sedan, even city is bigger than vios.

Don't quite like Wish and ISIS design,

if i'm not wrong ISIS quite boxy

my budget not more than $75K if possible

How about i30 wagon. Big space for rear seat and boots. My colleque is driving one. I always drive it when go out for lunch together. Interior build quality is better than the 2 Made in Thai car, dash board is soft touch plastic. Power is decent and FC is reasonable.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...718&DL=2198

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...451&DL=1191

Edited by Tohto

Supercharged

I wish to downgrade my 2.0L Impreza Hatchback due to....

Low Usage, only 39K Mileage, 2years+

Have a 1yo baby now (boot space very cramp with pram)

Rearseat also cramp with Baby seat

and also don't intend to spend so much on car now as want to plan for 2nd baby.

If you are planning for more kids, and going into the parenthood way of life, then the choice is obviously the Airwave.

Turbocharged

Not forcing my opinion on you.

If you are gg for 2nd kid, it's hard to avoid getting an mpv. When 2 baby car seats are deployed, one row will be used up or if you need an adult to be next to one of the baby car seat, it will be challenging to configure the seating arrangements.

I am driving an altis and am planning for a second kid. No matter how I slice and dice it, I am resigned to an mpv bec I will require 3 rows, esp if grandparents join us for the outing.

But between your 3 choices, airwave (station wagon) is it.

Edited by Sabian

How about i30 wagon. Big space for rear seat and boots. My colleque is driving one. I always drive it when go out for lunch together. Interior build quality is better than the 2 Made in Thai car, dash board is soft touch plastic. Power is decent and FC is reasonable.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...718&DL=2198

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...451&DL=1191

i30 cw can consider, space wise quite spacious and the car comes with sunroof. But some people might not like this car cause it is MIK. [:p] The i30 cw cost $69K only and the car is mar 10 le!?!

Neutral Newbie

That's what I like about this forum, always got cool bro to provide good opinions ;)

Is i30 bigger than airwave?

MPV high fc n not save to go Jb hehe

Was told Mpv popular choice in JB

That's what I like about this forum, always got cool bro to provide good opinions ;)

Is i30 bigger than airwave?

MPV high fc n not save to go Jb hehe

Was told Mpv popular choice in JB

If you want to go JB, think better get the i30cw. This car should not popular with robbers. [rolleyes] Airwave should be longer than i30cw.

Coming from an ex-owner...

The skyroof is attractive and a conversation piece when people sit in the car 1st time....but in reality i seldom put it to use. Not really practical in SG if you ask me. Unlike sunroof which can be opened to let in natural ventilation, this one is a fixed panel. Only time I really appreciated it is during christmas, shiok to drive along Orchard Rd during the light up...or lantern festival along Chinatown.

Had the ride for 5 years. Average FC consistently about 15-16km/l (60highway-40urban). Good pickup and very smooth on the go. Never had mechanical problems except for some juddering when coming to a stop/moving off (common issue among jazz/airwaves due to a design fault in the startup clutch system). Had it since year 1 and after some time got used to it for next 4 years. The smooth ride and FC more than made up for it.

I think the i30cw has a longer wheelbase (and probably bumper-bumper length too). The Airwave is about the same length as a Sunny infact. The design makes it appear visually longer but not so the actual dimensions.

The packaging and layout makes the interior space more usable though. Legroom for the rear bench is better than the i30, especially with the real flat floor in the Airwave. The trunk space, no need to say.

You may want to note that there are some Airwaves used as taxis (if you are the sort who dun like this), but i always point out that the fact that coys are using this as a taxi is a testament that it is fairly reliable, spacious, econ to run, spares easily avail.

Not saying it is a fantastic car...but in its class and for the price i think it is quite a compelling case. I searched for a really long time for a better alternative, before finally settling on a V50 (but that's quite a different band).

Not forcing my opinion on you.

If you are gg for 2nd kid, it's hard to avoid getting an mpv. When 2 baby car seats are deployed, one row will be used up or if you need an adult to be next to one of the baby car seat, it will be challenging to configure the seating arrangements.

I am driving an altis and am planning for a second kid. No matter how I slice and dice it, I am resigned to an mpv bec I will require 3 rows, esp if grandparents join us for the outing.

But between your 3 choices, airwave (station wagon) is it.

u r right... even for compact mpv (im driving a wish), with 2 car seats at the middle row plus my helper...the car is already fully loaded....esp if i load pram and other stuff at the third row (need to fold down) ... and if the grandparents come along, then my pram got problem to even load it in ...

↡ Advertisement