Fridge delivery to HDB

Ysc3

Twincharged

just bought a new fridge from Courts on sunday, delivery is set at today.

just got a call from the delivery guy that they were at my doorsteps BUT the fridge is too big and cannot enter my main door !!

and now they have brought the fridge back.

anyone encounter this problem before ? esp with Courts ?

↡ Advertisement

Industrial fridge? LOL... [laugh]

If household fridge, sure can enter one lah. Need some "kuat" though. Expeienced uncle will know how to.

Rough rule of thumb - Can enter lift door, most likely can enter house.

Edited by Kangadrool

Twincharged

nope .. home fridge ... area roughly 76 x 76 cm .... dunno about the width of my front door though.

apparently, Courts not using the experienced uncles.

Ur door is those smaller older HDB size door?

Now new flats door all quite big..

I had a problem with the sofa i bought in jb..the delivery men cannot bring up via the lift & they had to carry up the stairs & i stay 12th floor..they were 1/2 dead when they reached..gave them a big tip each..

nope .. home fridge ... area roughly 76 x 76 cm .... dunno about the width of my front door though.

quite unlikely. did they try opening the door flap located at the side?

having said that, some folks just don't have common sense. reently i gave away a sofa bed to a friend and he and his mover experienced much difficulty in moving it out of the main door. mainly because they don't know which angle to tilt the sofa bed at point of getting out. i was not in at that time, if not i might have scolded them for their stupidity.

Ur door is those smaller older HDB size door?

Now new flats door all quite big..

I had a problem with the sofa i bought in jb..the delivery men cannot bring up via the lift & they had to carry up the stairs & i stay 12th floor..they were 1/2 dead when they reached..gave them a big tip each..

was the jb furniture cheap and good?

Sounds like they haven't engaged their brains and wasting your time.

i also guessed so......

some people just lazy and no brains. i think at most it is the fridge plus carton box that cannot go in. take out the carton box at the main door and sure the fridge can go in.

besides those mentioned here already, try

- tilting at angle

- removing the packaging/dunnages

Edited by Kangadrool

Turbocharged

Like Bro say... lift door can go in, house sure can go in.... just ask them to remove your metal gate.... need skill lar...

Fridge is a rectangular piece. If cannot enter means cannot enter.

Then it becomes the owners fault and stuoidity for not checking before buying.

But there are other ways to make it go in which some owners may not like.

Im happy with my purchase, quality product..

The full leather sofa i bought is huge & cost me 2k+ incl transport & GST, if in SG my size of sofa will cost me like at least 4k.

i also guessed so......

some people just lazy and no brains. i think at most it is the fridge plus carton box that cannot go in. take out the carton box at the main door and sure the fridge can go in.

Bingo!

Fools . . they could have called for help instead of going back with the fridge.

TS look out the window and see if they brought in a lifting crane or a gondola.

Supercharged

Last year I ordered the big fridge (2-door Hitachi) type from Harvey Norman. It was a huge 600 litres fridge! There was no problem to move it into my front door, and even thru my kitchen door (which is even smaller than my front door)!

Im happy with my purchase, quality product..

The full leather sofa i bought is huge & cost me 2k+ incl transport & GST, if in SG my size of sofa will cost me like at least 4k.

at one time i was contemplating buying from there. but my brother had bad experience with his only purchase from jb furniture so kind of put me off.

and also the one i saw mainly cheaper because the material is PU. if full leather their cost also about $2k+ a bit . considering i paid $2.2k for full leather in singapore, that's why i gave up the JB option.

depends la..sofa many kinds, types...

I like the 1 i saw in JB...price was reasonable, bought a coffee table, tv console + dining table & chairs too.

↡ Advertisement