Fridge delivery to HDB

Ysc3

Supercharged

Actually can buy from JB but must really checked the goods when it is delivered.

My SIL buy her sofa and dinning table from JB also. Send to house she never checked properly, then later found a hole at the side. Then call the boss..lucky can get some compensation back. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

i kena before last yr, old hdb type small door, lucky delivery men trying their best, detach my gate, den open the fridge door to make it inches slimmer sideways, hiam hiam squeeze thru the door... sweat!!!

depends la..sofa many kinds, types...

I like the 1 i saw in JB...price was reasonable, bought a coffee table, tv console + dining table & chairs too.

i know. i don't mean to paint all jb shops with the same stroke of negative brush.

i know sometimes also down to luck. but so happens i only visit one jb shop, their price convert to SGD is about S$1900+ or S$2000+. and thereafter i manage to squeeze a singapore furniture shop for $2300. so for me, pay $300 bucks more for the peace of mind and convenience.

Actually can buy from JB but must really checked the goods when it is delivered.

My SIL buy her sofa and dinning table from JB also. Send to house she never checked properly, then later found a hole at the side. Then call the boss..lucky can get some compensation back. [:)]

my brother case was really like that

the dining table was shaky first day it arrived.

the sofa stand gave way something like within 1 month of usage.

realy must check very thorougly

just bought a new fridge from Courts on sunday, delivery is set at today.

just got a call from the delivery guy that they were at my doorsteps BUT the fridge is too big and cannot enter my main door !!

and now they have brought the fridge back.

anyone encounter this problem before ? esp with Courts ?

maybe the delivery men did not take the fridge out from the protective box and thats why cannot entre into the house. :ph34r:

What the box, its an extra of 3" thick all round and only way of entering is remove the box outside the house... -_-

Edited by Picnic06

maybe the delivery men did not take the fridge out from the protective box and thats why cannot entre into the house. :ph34r:

What the box, its an extra of 3" thick all round and only way of entering is remove the box outside the house... -_-

yeah lor same practice my delivery men did with my fridge delivery.

Previous experience was that I brought my MIL to courts to buy sofa. Delivery day also cannot get thru the door but the delivery guys got initiative. They unhinged the whole metal gate by lifting it upwards and the sofa went thru the door perfectly after that lifted the gate back into the hinges.

I know sofa soft can compress abit here & there. Get a smaller fridge lah.

Edited by Watwheels

Supercharged

Actually did TS measure the size of his main door before ordering...?

I did that before I order my large fridge. I think I am a bit kiasi...but I just want to play safe. I even measure the area the fridge is to be put, to see if it fits in well, and any obstrustion or not. :D

Ur door is those smaller older HDB size door?

Now new flats door all quite big..

I had a problem with the sofa i bought in jb..the delivery men cannot bring up via the lift & they had to carry up the stairs & i stay 12th floor..they were 1/2 dead when they reached..gave them a big tip each..

Can give the name and location ?

Dismantle the fridge door and it will fit in. Assemble it back in the kitchen [:)]

This was what I did - my old 3 room flat main gate is narrow so need to dismantle the fridge doors. Quite easy

to take out doors - 5 to 6 screws.

Supercharged

This was what I did - my old 3 room flat main gate is narrow so need to dismantle the fridge doors. Quite easy

to take out doors - 5 to 6 screws.

Will it void the warranty?

Some delivery guys only do delivery, and may not know or have the tools to dismantle/put-back the doors....

Homelife Johor Jaya there..cheap

500rm come here..

i spend about 10k rm..include 3+2 half leather sofa,1 coffee table,1 tv console, 1 5ft wardrobe,1 dressing table,1 side table,1 queen bedframe,1 retractable glass dinning tables with 6 chairs.

about 4k ..lol

TS mentioned 76 cm width so it's not that big leh. Seems pretty normal size. I think the delivery guys didnt use their brains.

Same happened to me when I shifted to my new home last year. The movers had problem moving the headboard of my bed upstairs to the bedroom. Turn left, flip right, rotate here and there. After 10 mins, they said cannot bring upstairs cos the staircase was too narrow. My ID and the her carpenter were there as well and the carpenter just shook his head and asked them to put it down. He and his assistant then took some measurements and within 10 sec (i'm not joking), they manoeuvred the headboard round the corner and up into my room.

He said the movers are idiots... the reason they had difficulty was because there were 6 of them and they were getting in each other's way!!!

Homelife Johor Jaya there..cheap

500rm come here..

i spend about 10k rm..include 3+2 half leather sofa,1 coffee table,1 tv console, 1 5ft wardrobe,1 dressing table,1 side table,1 queen bedframe,1 retractable glass dinning tables with 6 chairs.

about 4k ..lol

Exclude GST when importing?

↡ Advertisement