Amaron Battery

VellfireS

Check your alternator and its regulator. Sounds like your battery is overcharged.

The design is as such. 

Edited by Kklee
↡ Advertisement

My Amaron battery decided to give up after 10 months in service again! This is the 2nd one I had replaced under warranty when the first died on me at the 11th month.

Any good recommnendation for 80 AH battery? hear Odyssey is good. The Merc original cost S$380 bucks. Shall I just buy that?

All input welcome!

Hoppecke 80AH.

I sold quite a few for Merc, BMW, Audi, Alfa.

• Praise 1

What is the charging voltage ?   

Might be the charging incompatible with the Amaron.

I had similar experience.

My previous car charges the battery at 14.6V.

Original battery was the maintenance type.  The high voltage causes excessive gassing.  

Every month  need to top up water. I changed to an expensive maintenance free battery.  

IIRC,  it failed at the 11th month.  The battery was bloated and most likely dry inside. 

i am also thinking it might be circuit issues.

even the lousy brand batteries also can last at least 13 months.

I am using a Bosch S5. Lasted 4 years and still cranking. Car left 2 years, so going to change to another S5 before this one dies on me as it would be unfair to expect it to last 6 years.

I would definitely recommend the Bosch S6.

diesel got more heat

heat spoil battery

but wrapping battery in heat resistance material like fire blangket, wait fire, worse, cannot claim

Diesel is a much higher compression engine and also the glow plugs needs some current to hear them up. This starting up a diesel is much more stress on the battery.
  • Praise 1

My last amaron batt last for 3 years till I worry n decided to change a new one. Amaron batt again but was told to replace after less than 1.5 year when doing my servicing few days back. Was told Amaron now less reliable than b4. Damm,my car still got one more year to go.

Overall, Amaron usually has a better reliability than other brands. But that doesn't it's not prone to failure. It will generally last min 2 yrs.

I've seen many Amaron at 2 yrs with almost new CCA, while many brands already konked.

It seemed to have a weaker sealing that contributes to corrosion salt buildup. But these salt usually appears after 2 yrs. This can be pre-empted by not overtightening the terminal and greasing it.

Warranty is standard 1 yr for petrol-engine. 6-mths for diesel-engine.

But pls understand warranty does not cover flat battery. If you have a dashboard cam that is turned on 24 hrs when parked, no battery, however new, can just turnover the engine the next day, when it's drained flat.

If you need to replace battery 10 or 11 mths, you should check if it's just being flat or really a battery problem.

A real battery problem, a warranty issue; is either it has a low CCA or suffered from a shorted cell (10.6V); after being fully-charged.

• Praise 2

More of 1.5 to 2.5 years.

Ok, then I must start to change.

Think mine coming to 3rd year..

Those indicator on battery, is it accurate?

I was told the healthy range is around 11 to 13v.

Anything fall below 10v, mean the battery is dying

Overall, Amaron usually has a better reliability than other brands. But that doesn't it's not prone to failure. It will generally last min 2 yrs.

I've seen many Amaron at 2 yrs with almost new CCA, while many brands already konked.

It seemed to have a weaker sealing that contributes to corrosion salt buildup. But these salt usually appears after 2 yrs. This can be pre-empted by not overtightening the terminal and greasing it.

Warranty is standard 1 yr for petrol-engine. 6-mths for diesel-engine.

But pls understand warranty does not cover flat battery. If you have a dashboard cam that is turned on 24 hrs when parked, no battery, however new, can just turnover the engine the next day, when it's drained flat.

If you need to replace battery 10 or 11 mths, you should check if it's just being flat or really a battery problem.

A real battery problem, a warranty issue; is either it has a low CCA or suffered from a shorted cell (10.6V); after being fully-charged.

Good writeup bro.

Hope you are doing well for your biz.

Ok, then I must start to change.

Think mine coming to 3rd year..

Those indicator on battery, is it accurate?

I was told the healthy range is around 11 to 13v.

Anything fall below 10v, mean the battery is dying

Battery indicator is a state-of-charge indicator in one-cell.

It assumes the battery is either charged or not charged.

But it really can't tell you what's going on in the other 5 cells, as each battery comprises of 6 cells.

And neither does the SoC tells you the true condition of the battery, whether it has a healthy cca or not.

SoC for a battery at 100% is around 12.66V.

If the battery has poor electrolyte, it may drop the voltage quickly, when it is not being charged by the alternator.

Anything below 12V and it will be difficult to start the engine.

If your battery is coming to 3 yrs already, it's wise to get it changed first before it dies on you.

Trying to get it to 4 or 5 yrs is testing your luck or getting a ego-trip to boast how good your battery is.

Good writeup bro.

Hope you are doing well for your biz.

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement