Be alert and keep a lookout at all times

MacDuck

like that whose fault ah, by right the one coming out from car park must look out but the queuing cars actually block the view. When i approach that place, i always slow down to see if car coming out.

like that whose fault ah, by right the one coming out from car park must look out but the queuing cars actually block the view. When i approach that place, i always slow down to see if car coming out.

Give way to traffic on the main road. Very clear cut.

Strange why he go reverse? Should take picture of the accident before doing any movement isn't it?

It's clear that the driver from right did not stop to check for vehicle

Its a simple junction, those coming out of carpark only hav to keep a lookout for cars on their right.

yup. small road give way to big/main road. I always look out when ever i want to filter into main road. always.

The car coming out of the carpark (appears to be a black Mitsubishi Lancer) did not stop at the stop line. There is a stop line at every non-signalized junction that is not a slip road configuration. Singaporean drivers have forgotten by and large the requirement to come to a complete stop at a stop line.

The maroon car (appears to be a Cerato) seemed to be travelling quite a bit faster than the white Civic that went a few cars before him (failed to anticipate a sudden situation).

Although the bulk of the blame rests upon the Lancer, the Cerato if travelling slower and keeping a proper lookout could have braked in time.

This one even without video evidence is obviously the outgoing car's(black lancer?) fault. View kena blocked by vehicles turning in is NOT AN EXCUSE for failing to look out for cars along the main road, we face this kind of scenario all the time and it's even more common overseas.

Sometimes is not easy for cars on the main road to look out for cars turning out cos they are are not turning and didn't expect it, though it actually helps if the Cerato's driver is alert.

the STOP sign is quite far from the junction from you watch the video that show car turning into car park. he probably should inch forward until he can see any vehicle before making the turn.

If can be avoided if the other car can also slow down coming to the junction, yes the main road has the right, yet it everyone loss when come to time, cost, or worst even health if injury.

The car coming out of the carpark (appears to be a black Mitsubishi Lancer) did not stop at the stop line. There is a stop line at every non-signalized junction that is not a slip road configuration. Singaporean drivers have forgotten by and large the requirement to come to a complete stop at a stop line.

The maroon car (appears to be a Cerato) seemed to be travelling quite a bit faster than the white Civic that went a few cars before him (failed to anticipate a sudden situation).

Although the bulk of the blame rests upon the Lancer, the Cerato if travelling slower and keeping a proper lookout could have braked in time.

I think the car at main road should anticipate and slow down when approaching that junction?

By the way did the cars collide?

The car on the main road has no obligation to slow down as long as he is not speeding.

Of course, it WOULD BE good if he did and anticipated cars turning out.

Regardless, the black car is at fault and YES they did collide if you see carefully.