Advice needed - LTA traffic offence

Sean007sg

Supercharged

Hi, just to check/clarify

Can we stop to pick up/drop off on that side of the road marked with double yellow line? Understand that for double yellow line, No parking on that side of the road at all times.

Double yellow line can stop to pick up/drop off, but no parking. If you need to park, be ready to jump in to drive-off once you spot a LTA officer. [laugh]

Cos nowadays with digicam, the officer can snap the photo of your car very quickly, very efficiently. [:(]

Hi, Bro

I got the similar offence as you and have seek clarification from LTA by emailing to them. My personal feeling on this matter if one commit a traffic offence I feel we have the right to know how do they capture these kinds of traffic offence without putting a summons slip. Is it done by a newly installed fixed camera on that particular location, by traffic officers taking a snap, by traffic officers just taking our number plate by people complaining or what have you? No one can really tell. $120 with 3 demerit points is like speeding above the speed limit. Which is worse? How do they define us stopping at the zebra crossing? I mean do you really think we are insane enough to actually do that. I would never park the car on the zebra crossing maybe few metres away from it which they deemed an offence but is it obstructing pedestrians? No, I am not running from the offence or trying to be an ignorant road users, if I commit an offence then fair enough I should be liable to be punished, hands down. As I live in Tampines also, there are still many cars using that road to pick up passengers so that means more people will get their summons in due time. That means the place is considered a "heaven" for parking officers to get their quotas and LTA to get their revenue. Don't get me wrong I know they are doing their job. I remember that place is used to have a waiting area once before. Might as well put camera everywhere or maybe a mobile camera since it is an easy form of increasing LTA "coffers". This is the same way when traffic police with plain cloth on a overhead bridge using a speed detector to catch "speeders". Receive a lot of negative comments from the public then LTA abolish the idea. If they indeed use camera to catch traffic offenders, it is like taking short cut to their duty and I think if this is getting out of hand there will come a day no need to issue summons just take pictures. This is truly unfair. I feel we are becoming typical subdued Singaporeans and always on the wrong and government "overwhelmingly right" in any circumstances. I have written this my as my personal opinion on this matter.

I witnessed a "funny" incident today .... there was this LTA officer was standing at the side of Goldhill Plaza which has double yellow zag zap lines running along the road .... this uncle with his big white Estima choose to stop right in front of the LTA officer .... the best part, he stop his car to try to talk to the officer to let him off .... some people damn funny ... commit the offence right in front of the law enforcer and yet has the cheek to ask to be pardoned .....

Nothing wrong with the rule about double zap zag lines, no stopping .... if someone decide to take the risk and get caught ..... too bad ... I am sure that he/her knows the consequence...

Edited by Civic6228

I drive there 4-5 times weekly and I hate those who stop there. Already have a few near misses as those who stop on the right lane will usually need to dash to the middle lane after they drop their passenger.

Yes. It is dangerous especially when the passenger open the left door.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

I need some advice.

I just got my first summon letter yesterday and I'm abit upset as I'm not aware that I've made that offence. The offence was

Falling to conform to Red light signal with a fine of $200 and 12 Demerit Points.

Place of offense: Upper Bukit Timah Rd X Old Jurong Rd -> Woodlands RD (RLC)

For sure I did not go against the red light. If I did it I will be very aware of it.

Anyway, I'm currently on P plate and I will end my probation on 1 Mar 2017 which is in 2 weeks time. I'm planning to appeal but I'm not sure how to write or what to say :(

I have a few questions to ask:

Currently I'm on the 13 demerits system so will I be converted to the 24 demerits points after 2 Mar 2017? (completed the 1 year probation)

If I my appeal is rejected I will be down to 12 demerits points right? or will it be only 1 demerit point? (will I still be converted to the 24 demerit points after probation)

I'm not sure how to write the appeal letter and will be very grateful if someone her can help me out.

Thank you so much

Ex

Hi Guys,

I need some advice.

I just got my first summon letter yesterday and I'm abit upset as I'm not aware that I've made that offence. The offence was

Falling to conform to Red light signal with a fine of $200 and 12 Demerit Points.

For sure I did not go against the red light. If I did it I will be very aware of it.

Anyway, I'm currently on P plate and I will end my probation on 1 Mar 2017 which is in 2 weeks time. I'm planning to appeal but I'm not sure how to write or what to say :(

Currently I'm on the 13 demerits system so will I be converted to the 24 demerits points after 2 Mar 2017? (completed the 1 year probation)

If I my appeal is rejected I will be down to 12 demerits points right? or will it be only 1 demerit point? (will I still be converted to the 24 demerit points after probation)

I'm not sure how to write the appeal letter and will be very grateful if someone her can help me out.

Thank you so much

Ex

if you are so sure you did not run red light, just tell them you are very sure and ask for evident.

if you are not sure then appeal for forgiveness.

Hi Guys,

I need some advice.

Thank you so much

Ex

if below database link is up-to-date, there is a traffic camera at that junction, they must have captured your offence. better ask for leniency

https://data.gov.sg/dataset/singapore-police-force-digital-traffic-red-light-cameras

post-65725-0-71369900-1487156612_thumb.gif

• Praise 1

Hi Guys,

I need some advice.

Thank you so much

Ex

Anybody else used your car.?

• Praise 1

First get info to confirm it is your car

Nowadays, it is very very difficult to win an appeal for beating the red light whatever reasons you can think of unless the camera went haywire

Hi Guys,

I need some advice.

Thank you so much

Ex

• Praise 9

Neutral Newbie

Thanks everyone your feedback.

I have till 27 Feb to fill up the driver details and send it to them. I'm planning to do it online on 26 Feb and hopefully they will revert back after 2 Mar so that I'm able to get onto the 24 demerits points system.

If anyone know how to draft an appeal letter for my case I will be greatly appreciate.

Once again thank you for all your advice. Hugs

Ex

I have till 27 Feb to fill up the driver details and send it to them. I'm planning to do it online on 26 Feb and hopefully they will revert back after 2 Mar so that I'm able to get onto the 24 demerits points system.

If anyone know how to draft an appeal letter for my case I will be greatly appreciate.

Ex

Just say sorry. Then continue with the following................

1) Not familiar with road travelled.

2) Never notice change of traffic lights.

3) Car too powerful, brakes lousy, unable to stop in time.

4) Behind got vehicle if jam e-brake.

5) Tail wind from mother nature very strong cause of North-east monsoon season.

6) Apologise for your misjudgement being a newbie driver.

7) Start to blame road design.

8) Start to blame traffic light placement.

9) Explain u know what u committed is a serious offence and truly learnt ur lesson.

10) Tell them about your/close family bad health, u need the car to transport them.

11) Give them options. Can pay fine only? Can demerit lesser points? Can both also dont want, close two eyes?

That should be able to compose a nice 500 words appeal letter.

Good luck! :D

If appeal letter fail, go find ur MP for help. This will delay the offence being charged. [laugh]

• Praise 3

Hi Guys,

I need some advice.

Thank you so much

Ex

If caught on camera hard to appeal leh

Just say sorry. Then continue with the following................

1) Not familiar with road travelled.

2) Never notice change of traffic lights.

3) Car too powerful, brakes lousy, unable to stop in time.

4) Behind got vehicle if jam e-brake.

5) Tail wind from mother nature very strong cause of North-east monsoon season.

6) Apologise for your misjudgement being a newbie driver.

7) Start to blame road design.

8) Start to blame traffic light placement.

9) Explain u know what u committed is a serious offence and truly learnt ur lesson.

10) Tell them about your/close family bad health, u need the car to transport them.

11) Give them options. Can pay fine only? Can demerit lesser points? Can both also dont want, close two eyes?

That should be able to compose a nice 500 words appeal letter.

Good luck! :D

If appeal letter fail, go find ur MP for help. This will delay the offence being charged. [laugh]

12) Say that you are from a good family

Edited by Loki

Ex

Sorry to heard about your encounter. I have similar experience when I was a P plater.. 6pts deducted for speeding, remaining 4mths drove like a tortoise.

If you decided to admit, just furnish your details. You can still drive with Zero points until 1 Mar 17. But make sure you good boy, even simple offence like failure to wear seat belt or driving on bus lane can revoke your license. After probation which is 1 Mar 17, you'll have 12 pts until 1 Mar 18, provided no more new offence during this one year. If everything goes smooth, your points will revert to 24pts on 1 Mar 18.

Hi Guys,

I need some advice.

Thank you so much

Ex

I've had the same encounter in this exact location as yours. going towards Woodlands Rd on upper bukit timah. I was coming in around 50-60 km/hr and from the distance i thought i will be able to clear the light. Sure enough, it turned yellow and red instantly, and i wasn't sure whether i beat red light or not. i was hoping i didnt but 2 weeks later the hope was wrong.

So that week i went down to TP HQ in Ubi, asked them that i am interested to make an appeal as I am quite sure I didnt beat red light. Officer at counter said that there is photographic evidence, she explained that camera of course took photo because it caught the car crossing the junction on red light, hence if you appeal chances are slim because there is evidence. I decided not to bother much and just sucked up and paid S$200 on the spot via c.card. Appeal wise chances are quite low as they have photo evidence. hope this helps.

Edited by TQaR

so my advise, if there is someone like that in ur family who has a license and too old or most likely dnt drive so often, use his/her details and pay the penalty. Appeal wise chances are quite low as they have photo evidence. hope this helps.

dun forget the photo taken could have the drive face on it   -_-  -_-

↡ Advertisement