Advice needed - LTA traffic offence

Sean007sg

After send driver particulars driver will get a love letter

If I were you would be appealing

Plead an abject apology, ignorance and vow on 53 bibles, the graves of sixteen generations of ancestors and promise on the lives of 5 generations yet to come never to do it again.

best is pay at AXS machine and you will be issued a receipt

↡ Advertisement

The fine and demerit points come together.

Either both or nothing. Cannot pay fine without the demerit points.

So :

1)pay the fine and have the demerit points recorded; or

2)appeal for a waiver, and hope that TP accepts your plea.

Good luck.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your advice, it is much appreciate. Am wondering whether can I just write in to appeal for a waive on the demerit points?

• Praise 1

After send driver particulars driver will get a love letter

If I were you would be appealing

Plead an abject apology, ignorance and vow on 53 bibles, the graves of sixteen generations of ancestors and promise on the lives of 5 generations yet to come never to do it again.

If I need to do that (in bold) to get a waiver, I'd just man up, pay the fine, and take on the demerit points.

• Praise 1

You're lying in the letter.

Are you not afraid of karma?

I am, I want to get into heaven.

Your version is 100% truthful lor: -

In these years, I, and I am sure, my fellow Tampines residents, have never received a warning, let alone be charged, for waiting in said zone.

You can boldly speak for all Tampines residents? [laugh]

It does affect when demerit points (DIPS) are given. Most insurers will ask to declare if any DIPS had been issued. Also, once u get DIPS, u lose the Safe Driver discount, usually an extra 5% off the premium, for NCD with 30% or more.

My wife had DIPS issued to her, upon renewal, found out the difference in premiums is close to 10% more than demerit free.

Yes, you are right,for NCD with 30% or more u can get extra 5% discount when renew insurance,i jus renewed..

• Praise 1

Just kenna $70 for parking opposite continuous white line. Went to packet dinner at the kopitiam just a few steps away cos carpark full, and had my eyes on the road all the time. Saw the cisco sccoter come by and quickly ran to the car...but the warden was even faster. He simply took out a digicam and snapped away. He didn't even dismount, just shoot and scoot.

Just kenna $70 for parking opposite continuous white line. Went to packet dinner at the kopitiam just a few steps away cos carpark full, and had my eyes on the road all the time. Saw the cisco sccoter come by and quickly ran to the car...but the warden was even faster. He simply took out a digicam and snapped away. He didn't even dismount, just shoot and scoot.

Next time you also shoot him stopping illegally and write in to comprain lot. An eye for an eye. [laugh]

roflol .. quite the quote bro.

my dad's friend also kena at marine parade (outside the dbs there) .. waiting for his wife twice in a row ... few days later .. 2 saman ... managed to get them to compound into 1 offense ... seems they have installed a camera there ..

They did. In fact there's a signboard stating it [:p]

Hi TVT,

Thanks for your advice. I can't think of a good excuse, as well as I am not good in writting. So to save the trouble, I just want to settle it. Take it as a lesson I have learnt. Am now wondering will it affect my issurance renewral, which will be due in Nov.

If your insurance company has the 5% good driver rebate and you're eligible (based on TP certificate which will state you have no demerit points), your premium will be affected. Other than that, nothing else. You NCD will not be affected.

Either they have installed a CCTV camera or the LTA officer (in motorbike) is somewhere around taking photos.

Nowadays the officer no need to handover to the summon (personally) to the motorist on-the-spot. They take down the car number and send you the summon later.... [:(]

The officers have never needed to handover the summon ever.

Wtf, so efficient now. Next time they may just install many cameras on their cars and drive around Singapore to collect more money. :D

Supercharged

Yup, this is the new method, just take photo and send the summon later.

Just now about 7pm at Pasir Ris MRT station pick-up point there was a LTA officer walking around, all the cars either drive off or go circle round...but one Altis didn't. LTA officer walk to his car from behind, snap a photo and walk off! The Altis didn't even realized the LTA officer came until he saw a camera flash... by then already too late liao.

Hi, just to check/clarify

Can we stop to pick up/drop off on that side of the road marked with double yellow line? Understand that for double yellow line, No parking on that side of the road at all times.

Save your $$, and write in for appeal. $$ not ez to earn one.

One bro just gave a template here. just copy paste and adjust abit, and submit in.

It's better to try than not try at all.

Just to tell you about the chances of getting it waived. In all my driving life, every time i write in, i get waived.... [cool][cool] .

so now you know the rate of success?

Wtf, so efficient now. Next time they may just install many cameras on their cars and drive around Singapore to collect more money. :D

oh yea.......... these days, they all use digicams and just snap. Very efficient and fast. no need to argue, no need to write, no need to waste time. Just snap and go. I witness they can snap one lane of parked cars on double yellow lines in just 10 mins........ Damm efficient.

Be careful.

↡ Advertisement