How to move the ERP IU position?

Quantum

Hi All,

I tried to change the ERP IU position on the front windscreen, it fixed too high and blocking a part of view [:(]

but it seems quite difficult to move it, can anyone advise? :D

↡ Advertisement

Just twist off the original bracket. Then either use the heavy duty 3M double sided tape to stick back, or get a new bracket from one of those window tinting shops. They usually keep stock.

is it legal to shift IU to the center of the windscreen instead of driver side?

No,many sports cars did that,as long as the gantry can detect the I.U. & get $$$ from your cashcard...it is fine.

Supercharged

Malaysia IU is wireless. I think they can put anywhere across the dash board.

Malaysia got IU ??? Do you mean they also have ERP there? [laugh]

Supercharged

No,many sports cars did that,as long as the gantry can detect the I.U. & get $$$ from your cashcard...it is fine.

That is true. My friend has a IU not even attached to the windscreen. When he needs it he bring out put on the dashboard, plug into the 12V power socket and insert the cash card...and it works!

Just twist off the original bracket. Then either use the heavy duty 3M double sided tape to stick back, or get a new bracket from one of those window tinting shops. They usually keep stock.

I thought IU inspection center got some special tool to move it, is it free?

the system so smart mah? I thought can install anywhere [:p]

Hi All,

I tried to change the ERP IU position on the front windscreen, it fixed too high and blocking a part of view [:(]

Remove the IU from the holder.

Use a heat gun/hair drier on the outside of the windscreen till that section gets really hot then pry the IU holder out.

Heat the double sided tape on the holder till hot, then stick it where you want to position your IU.

Re-insert the IU into the holder.

Hi All,

One issue could be: The sun film should be cut out around the IU unit. I remember I had a problem with my Cefiro's IU detection and the agent arranged to cut the film around that area. I try to see if it is cut out in my present car, I am not able to see any cutting. May be IU technology improved!

That is true. My friend has a IU not even attached to the windscreen. When he needs it he bring out put on the dashboard, plug into the 12V power socket and insert the cash card...and it works!

Interesting. Appreciate if you could share which shop does this.

One issue could be: The sun film should be cut out around the IU unit. I remember I had a problem with my Cefiro's IU detection and the agent arranged to cut the film around that area. I try to see if it is cut out in my present car, I am not able to see any cutting. May be IU technology improved!

Not the IU's tech has improved but the material of the solar film. My guess is your previous car had solar film that contain metal eg. higher grade V-kool.

Not the IU's tech has improved but the material of the solar film. My guess is your previous car had solar film that contain metal eg. higher grade V-kool.

Possibly Films have improved. Incidentally, I just checked my friend's new Nissan Murano, it is cut there. Does TCM uses inferior films?! [lipsrsealed]

Should be higher grade ones.

I find those metallic-type eg high grade v-kool that require cutting are better and more effective but expensive. Those that are factory-fitted (not more S'pore) are metallic type....so the only position allow any kind of sensors, signal transmitter/receiver, etc are the dotted area on the top.

Edited by Silver_blade
↡ Advertisement