OB2 bluetooth adapter

Ev0lutionz

How much is one ah? and where i can got one?

Taobao or Qoo for the cheapest Android version (can read/write) for around SG$20-$25. Tested on Mazda, Toyota and Honda post 2005 cars.

There are higher end ones (~$100+) on Amazon for Apple devices.

does these obd bluetooth adaptors come with proper security features or passwords that can be changed? Especially the cheap ones from china.

the worry will be that anyone with a smart phone can detect and pair with your obd adaptor and control some of the car functions like opening the door or even steal your car?

Edited by ricleosg

does these obd bluetooth adaptors come with proper security features or passwords that can be changed? Especially the cheap ones from china.

the worry will be that anyone with a smart phone can detect and pair with your obd adaptor and control some of the car functions like opening the door or even steal your car?

OBD BT adaptors have limitations. They only have access to clearing error codes, real time monitoring of engine conditions and sensors, GPS tracking etc. Only wired OBD devices or laptops have access to security features and engine parameters. So you have nothing to worry.

OBD BT adaptors have limitations. They only have access to clearing error codes, real time monitoring of engine conditions and sensors, GPS tracking etc. Only wired OBD devices or laptops have access to security features and engine parameters. So you have nothing to worry.

i see...the reason i am asking is because I see some bluetooth OBD that have applications that allow you to open and unlock doors. Even if they can't start the engine due to the immobilizer function in the smart keys, opening the doors will already make it easier for the thieve to commit his act.

I'm using the same OBD MX link adaptor. I go download the app and try....

hehe nice! update us. this obd adaptor you use, can change paring password at least?

↡ Advertisement